Hard Situations!

Guest Lilone

^ I wonder who dies.... Very intriguing.... Hope it's not Pete. I mean, we don't have to heart to kill him off, now, do we? :ph34r:

Teaser:

Pete decided it was best just to let Rachael contact Claire and her parents. As Peter watched Jason he slowly started to fall sleep. He was exhausted.

Dan watched as Peter fell asleep next to Jason. He knew that he would not go home if he asked. Just as Dan was going to get him a blanket, Sally entered. She smiled at Dan and walked over to Pete. She put her hand on his shoulder and whispered, “Pete?”

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next part:

“I don’t care about you and Amanda! I need to tell you something!”

“This sound serious.” said Pete as he sat on the sofa.

“It’s Jason!”

“Jason, who?”

“Please, just hear me out!”

“Claire’s brother, Jason!”

“As in Claire Brody?” asked a very confused Pete.

“Yes, her brother. Your best mate. He has been found in some Bush land seriously injured and now he’s in a deep coma.”

Pete was in shock and he didn’t know what to say.

“Have you seen him?”

“Yes. Leah and Rachael are with him at the hospital. As soon as I saw him I came looking for you.”

“I will just go and put my clothes on.”

Peter raced upstairs to tell Sally and get dressed; as Dan was waiting for Pete he picked up his jacket and Pete’s pills fell out of his pocket.

Pete walked back in the room just as Dan put the pills back and passed him his jacket. Dan wanted to get to the hospital before he confronted Pete about what he had just found.

Peter and Dan arrived at the hospital where Rachael was waiting for them both.

“Dan, we are trying to get some sort of medical records for him but there is nothing!”

Pete took a few steady paces and a deep breath before entering Jason’s room.

“Omg, it really is him.” Pete said as he raced to Jason’s bedside.

Rachael walked up to Peter and placed her hand on his shoulder and said, “Pete, we need to know more information about Jason.”

“Yea sure.”

Pete was still in shock. His best friend, Claire Brody’s brother was lying in hospital half dead and no one was around to support him.

Pete was talking to Rachael outside, so Dan called Leah over.

“Babe, can you give me and Pete some time?”

“Are you sure? I don’t want you two to start another argument.”

“I promise.” said Dan as he kissed her goodbye.

Dan felt like he had treated Pete like crap over the past few weeks since his return. He knew deep down that Pete only wanted what was best for Drew and himself. He was upset by the fact Pete was still taking pills; he knew that Pete was not him self but it had been months since the explosion, ‘So why was he still taking pills?’ he wondered.

Peter re- entered the room looking very shocked, confused, and even more tired.

“Pete, are you ok?”

“Dan, how can you even ask me that?” Peter snapped at him.

From Peter’s reaction from Dan’s simple question he knew that Pete needed his loving brother’s support. Dan stood up and moved towards Pete.

“What do you want now?” Peter shot at Dan feeling claustrophobic.

Dan looked at Pete and said, “I found the pills.”

Pete stood up in shock. He tried denying that he had any pills by saying,

“What pills? What are you going on about?”

“Don’t deny it. I saw them in your pocket!” replied Dan hoping Peter would open up to him.

Peter had no idea what to do now. He just decided to get out of the hospital and away from any more of Dan’s questions. Peter raced out of Jason’s room and out of the hospital in to the car park. Dan ran after him repeatedly shouting, “Pete!”

Pete eventually stopped, as he couldn’t run any further. The pills were really taking a toll on his running and his breathing. He sat on a wall to catch his breath and Dan finally caught up to him and went to sit beside him.

“Pete, please. I am here to help.”

Peter shot up from the wall at those words.

“You’re here to help? You make me laugh! You’re such a joke!” Peter shouted at his brother.

Dan didn’t know how to react from what Peter had just said. He didn’t know if he was really angry with him or if it was the pills.

“You know what? You can go and get stuffed! I hate you! After everything I have done for you! I return from the dead- I thought you would be the slightest bit pleased. But no! You couldn’t face the fact that for once it was not my fault that my death was faked!”

Peter started to walk away but was pulled back by Dan. his anger took off him and he swung a punch which ended in Dan falling to the ground. Pete just looked at Dan before walking away again.

“Pete!” Dan shouted as he followed his brother.

This time Dan ran in front of Pete and said, “You can hit me all you like but nothing is going to change the fact that I am really sorry!”

“Do you know how much it hurt when you were looking at me like I was some low life on the beach?”

“I am really sorry. If I knew what you were going through, things would have been different.”

“Please! If I was ok and not still taking pills, you would still have been like so- just a complete idiot.”

“How many times do I have to tell you? I wish you would have told me!”

“Dan it comes back to the same problem every time. You would not give me a chance.”

Dan was beginning to get really upset, as he knew that Pete was weak and did need his help the most.

“Pete.” Dan said as he made Pete look at him.

“I am so sorry. I just wish that I could’ve seen you this weak from when you first came back. I hated being like this with you. I am sorry that I lost it with you about Amanda. I had no right. You are my brother, my best mate. I have lost 6 months grieving for you and I don’t want to waste any more time. You need my help and I will help you get through what ever you need.”

By this time Pete’s eyes were filling up with water and he leaned in hugging Dan tightly, and said, “I am so sorry.”

After about 30 seconds of them hugging and Pete crying on Dan’s shoulder, Pete pulled away and they walked back into the hospital to see Jason.

Peter watched as he saw Dan walk into Jason’s room. He was so glad that he and Dan have cleared the air, but he was still addicted to the painkillers and needed help. Pete sat on the chair next to Jason as he just watched him lying motionless. He knew that he had to try and contact Claire but it would be hard after everything he had put her through. She didn’t even know that he was alive.

Pete decided it was best just to let Rachael contact Claire and her parents. As Peter watched Jason he slowly started to fall sleep. He was exhausted.

Dan watched as Peter fell asleep next to Jason. He knew that he would not go home if he asked. Just as Dan was going to get him a blanket, Sally entered. She smiled at Dan and walked over to Pete. She put her hand on his shoulder and whispered, “Pete?”

Pete slowly woke up to see Sally smiling at him. “I’m awake.” he said as he wanted to stay with Jason.

“Pete, it’s nearly 2am. I will drive you back home so you can get some sleep.” she said as Pete slowly stood up.

“Cya mate.” Dan said as he took Pete’s chair.

Sally and Pete arrived at the caravan park where Pete immediately sat on the sofa still upset by all of today’s events. Sally sat next to him as she comforted him by hugging him tight.

“Sal, I need help!” Pete said as he looked at Sally.

Sally looked into Pete’s eyes as she moved in and kissed Pete on the lips. Pete kissed her back passionately until he pulled away and said, “Sal, that should not have happened!”

Sally was confused. “I thought….”

“Yes, I do really like you. But if I don’t get my head sorted out I will end up being a complete tosser!”

“I want it to work with you. I really like you, but can we put things on hold until I get back from getting help?”

“Ok, babe I can wait.” replied Sally as she hugged Pete.

Sally held Pete in her arms until they both fell sleep and were woken up by Ric and Rocco walking in on them hugging while they were asleep.

Preview: Pete decides to get professional help but what happens that could cost him his life?

Teaser:

Pete pulled Sal up with his hand and hugged her tight before they both walked towards the dinner where Pete saw Dan.

“Dan, can you and Leah meet up round Sally’s later? There is something I need to tell you!”

“What about Drew?” Dan asked.

“I am going to see him before I go back to Sally’s”

“I will see you at Sal’s in about an hour?”

Next chapter:

“Hey mum, hey Pete!” Ric said as he and Rocco walked into the kitchen smiling at one another.

“Sorry, Sal I didn’t realise the time. I must have just nodded off.” he said as he grinned slightly at her.

“Pete, before you go back to see Jason do you want to go for a walk on the beach?” Sal asked.

“Sure.”

“Ric, can you keep look after Pippa for a while? I will not be long.”

“Ok, cya.” said Ric as he and Rocco watched a very happy Sal and Pete walk out of the door.

Pete and Sally were walking down the beach all quiet when Sally suddenly said, “Pete, I’m so sorry about kissing you last night. It was wrong of me.”

Pete just smiled at her before taking her hand and they headed towards some rocks were no one usually ventured. They both sat down looking into the sea when Pete said,

“Sal, last night, well the past few weeks my head has been in a complete mess. I starting growing close to Amanda and I kept taking the pills. I was just in self-destruct mode all the time. Dan hated me; Drew still hates me. Jason is lying half dead in hospital. Then, I actually find someone whom I like, she kisses me and it makes me feel on top of the world. But, Sal, I really want us to start something special. I can’t do that until I get help like I said last night. When you held me in yours arms last night, I couldn’t sleep. I just thought, I could be the happiest man in the world if I sorted my self out.”

Sal looked into Pete’s eyes before kissing him. Pete kissed her back and they both pulled away. “I will wait for you.” Sal said as she whispered in his ear.

Pete pulled Sal up with his hand and hugged her tight before they both walked towards the dinner where Pete saw Dan.

“Dan, can you and Leah meet up round Sally’s later? There is something I need to tell you!”

“What about Drew?” Dan asked.

“I am going to see him before I go back to Sally’s”

“I will see you at Sal’s in about an hour?”

Peter headed towards the car and drove to Dan and Leah’s place. Pete pulled up in the drive way feeling nervous. His hands were shaking and he didn’t know if Drew would listen to him or even let him explain.

Pete slowly walked towards the door and walked in.

“Get out!” Drew shouted as he saw his dad start to walk in.

“Drew, please it’s important.”

Drew began to get angry, “Do I have to repeat my self- get out!”

Drew walked up to Pete and started to grab his shirt and pushed him out the door.

“Drew, I am leaving the bay.” Pete said as he was pushed to the floor.

“You know what dad? I wish you were dead!” Drew shouted as he left Pete on the floor then slammed the door as he walked back inside.

Pete stood up and tried opening the door but Drew had locked it. He hated the fact that Drew still hated him. It made it even harder for to stop taking the pills. Drew not talking to him was the worst thing he had to go through. It was as though he couldn’t stop taking the pills when Drew was still ignoring him. In all honesty, that was the real underlying reason that made him want to pop more pills into his system. It was not just the pain of his injuries that were affecting him. By taking the pills, it helped him through the pain of Drew not being around when Peter needed him the most.

Pete arrived back at Sally’s house quiet and sullen and a bit on edge until his eyes sat on sally which helped.

“Pete, what’s this about?”

Pete looked at Sally’s encouraging face before saying, “I am going to leave the Bay and get help.”

“Mate, where are you going to get help?” Dan asked curiously

“Lara has given me a place in the city where they can help me. I just can’t stay around here. not after everything. If I was my usual self, yes sure I could hack it. but definitely not now, whilst my head is in a mess like it is at the moment.”

“When are you going?” Leah asked.

“After I go and see Jason tonight in the hospital. I need to pack a few things then I am going.”

“How long for?” Dan asked.

“Mate ,as long as it takes. I am no good to anyone including Drew. While I’m like this he is just going to hate me even more. When I get back, I want to be the dad that he can love. Also, a brother that will be loved by his family. When I get back I may even be ready to start the relationship that I have always wanted.”

“Ok, mate. I will see you at the hospital later.” Dan said as he hugged Pete goodbye.

Peter watched as Dan left with Leah but as he looked at Sally he knew that this was the best thing to do. He walked upstairs and started packing his things. he looked into Pippa’s room where Ric was playing with her. ‘If only if me and Drew could….’

Pete’s thoughts were interrupted as he felt Sally take his hand and walk into his bedroom and shut the door.

“Sal,” Pete said laughing. He didn’t try stop her from kissing him

“I will miss you, you know!” Sal said as she hugged Pete.

Sally moved away from Pete and was just about to exit the room when she heard Pete go, “Sal, can you do me a favour?” he said grinning at her.

“And what would that be?”

“I can never pack my bags properly,” he said laughing.

Sally laughed and started to help Pete pack his bags.

Pete said his goodbyes to Sally, Ric, Rocco and Pippa before putting his bags in the car to make one final stop. The hospital. He arrived at the hospital where he found Dan sitting by Jason’s bedside.

“Hey, Pete.” Dan said as he got up and walked over to his brother.

“How is he doing?”

“Not too good mate. The doctors are hoping that he will wake up but only time will tell.”

“I only came in for a minute but I will ring you to let you know how I get on. My mobile is at Sally’s so I can’t use it while I’m away. If anything happens that I should know about, ask Sally for the contact number.”

“Cya mate.” Dan said as he hugged his brother goodbye.

Pete just looked at Jason before walking out of the room and headed towards his car to get his life sorted out once and for all. He started his car and began to drive out of the car park and headed towards the City. As he drove, all he could think about was Drew and Sally and how much better life would be without being addicted to the pills. He couldn’t believe what an idiot he had been but he was really optimistic about his future with Sally and Drew. They were the only people he wanted to be near the most.

As he was getting further near the road headed towards the city, he could see a car driving towards him with the headlight on full light coming straight for him. The light was blinding and all Peter could do was try and squint to see which way the car was going but it was too late.

“Bang!”

Peter’s car had been hit at full speed and his car turned over and skidded into the bushes.

Preview: Will Pete survive?

Will he be found in time?

What shocking news does Jason tell Dan?

Archived