Hard Situations!

Guest Lilone

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o:o Chrissie you lil lier :P :P

next part:

He tried his best to calm her down, saying, “Colleen it is ok, I will go put some clothes on,” and in the process, picked up a newspaper over his six-pack trying to cover himself up as much as possible. It wasn’t long before he heard the door slamming and footsteps running down the stairs and heading towards the kitchen. When Amanda appeared, all he could do was to give her a sheepish look. She took one look at him and turned towards Colleen who had stopped screaming but looked as though she was about to die of shock. The poor woman was somehow just rendered speechless as she stared at both Amanda and Peter. She tried to speak but couldn’t and she knew she was looking more and more like a fool with them staring back at her.

Amanda had no idea what to do with Colleen. Now that the woman knew about Peter and her, no doubt the whole town would find out about it. And she was worried. After the whole ordeal with Drew, she knew that she would, once again, be seen in a bad light. Her own daughter had publicly shamed her and wasn’t talking to her. The whole town labelled her a ‘cradle snatcher’ and there were times that she couldn’t even look at Peter in the eye after what she had done. But, he had forgiven her. She hoped that he had. A part of her was still shocked at how easily Peter had forgiven her and had started a relationship with her after knowing what she had done. She just looked at Peter hoping that he could come up with a good idea to shut Colleen Smart up.

“I’m sorry, Colleen, that you had to se me in such an indecent state.” Peter explained, hoping that the woman would buy his explanation and not spread the news to the town. “I was, urhm-“

“It’s funny really. Peter came to visit me to catch up with me and it just so happened that I was in the pool taking my usual swim. And he accidentally slipped on something and fell into the pool.” Amanda finished it off for him before he could even say anything. Peter felt relieved as he had no idea what lie to tell the woman. He gave Amanda one of his sexy smiles in gratitude. He knew that she loved it when he smiled.

“Oh, you poor, dear. I hope you didn’t catch a cold or hurt yourself.” Colleen said, buying the lie.

“Oh, not to worry about that, Colleen. Amanda took good care of me.” he said while giving Amanda another look which Colleen missed. “And, since I was already wet, I decided to go for a swim to clear my head over the situation with Dan and Drew. And Amanda was kind enough to take my clothes and dry them so, that’s why I’m in this state. I just wished that there was something that I could do to make them talk to me. My own brother hates me. and my son hates me. it’s like the whole world is against me coming back. Sometimes, it makes me wish that being in witness protection is way much better than being alive.” Peter lamented.

All the while that he was speaking; Amanda tried to keep a straight face. When Peter gave her one of his saucy smiles, she felt herself go weak at the knees. ‘Thank goodness I’m sitting down,’ she thought to herself. The moment that Peter mentioned Dan and Drew, it hit Amanda really hard to see him suffering. She wanted to help him but could not do anything without being yelled at by Dan and Drew. Dan was disappointed at her for what she did to Drew and Drew was, well, ‘Drew was a mistake.’ Amanda knew it. But, when she looked at Peter, her heart ached for him and she resolved to do something to help him and Dan get back on good terms. She even resolved to talk to Drew about his father.

“Oh, you poor dear. I’m sure young Andrew and Daniel will see reason and talk to you soon. Maybe I should talk to them. I might be able to help.” Colleen asked, hoping that she could be of use to the detective who had saved the town from danger a countless number of times already.

“Oh, it’s fine, Colleen. I appreciate it but I’d like to deal with it myself. After all, it is my family matter and I think that I should be the one solving it instead. But, thank you for your concern.” Peter quickly responded, afraid that Colleen might end up making things worse than it already is.

“Oh, okay. If you need anything, Detective Baker, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll get back to cleaning now, if you don’t mind.”

“I think it’s alright, Colleen. You can go home and rest. I will see you tomorrow.” Amanda volunteered. And with that, she headed towards the door and opened it for the old woman, who, was, deep down, grateful to be going home, after having had to witness Detective Baker half naked.

“Phew, that was close.” Amanda said as she shut the door. “Imagine what would’ve happened if the whole town knew. I hope she doesn’t say anything.”

“I’m sure she won’t.” Peter said as he walked up to her and pulled her into his arms and started to kiss her again. He lifted her up and took carried her to the bedroom, where they continued where they left off before.

Later that night:

Peter Baker lay on the bed staring at the ceiling and stroking Amanda’s hair while she slept. His mind drifted off to the time when he was in witness protection. He had never been so alone in his entire life. He hated the fact that his family thought he was dead when he was in fact very much alive. He hated that he had had to lie to them. It also didn’t help that his memories of witness protection weren’t great. He was recuperating from the injuries that he had suffered from the explosion. He had no one looking after him apart from the doctors and nurses. ‘They weren’t exactly friendly either,’ he mused.

Peter couldn’t sleep so he decided that he would take a walk along the beach to clear his head and think of a solution with regards to Dan and Drew. He got up, got dressed and walked out quietly, not wanting to wake Amanda up. He kissed her forehead, opened the door, and shut it quietly. The whole house was dark so Peter had to use the walls and stair rail to guide him so that he would not fall down and create a racket. He made it down safely and headed towards the front door. Again, he opened and shut it as quietly as he could. However, he made sure that he took his jacket along with him.

When he arrived at the beach, he felt a certain sense of calm rushed over to claim him. There was something about the beach that was able to relieve him. he sat down, watching and listening as the waves hit the shore. He reached inside his jacket pocket and took out the bottle of pills. He stared at it and started to play with the bottle in his hands. He was deciding as to whether or not he should take it. He unscrewed the bottle top and tilted the bottle as a white tablet fell into his palms. He screwed back the top and put the bottle back into his pocket. Once that was done, he stared at the pill like as though it was something bad. He knew it was wrong, yet he could not tear himself away from it. Taking those pills somehow helped him cope with everything. He brought his hand up to his mouth and hesitated there for a moment. Eventually, addiction gave way and he popped the pill into his mouth and swallowed it. As he did that, a hand touched his shoulder and Peter turned behind to see who it was. It was the last person that he had ever expected to see.

Preview:

Who returns that shocks Drew and Dan?

Will Pete ever get to know his son?

Teaser :P

As soon as he shut the door to the bedroom, Peter let go the breath that he had been holding for a while there. ‘This is a nightmare,’ he thought to himself. Everything that could possibly go wrong in his life went wrong today. He sat on the bed, trying to calm himself down. He shut his eyes and took several deep breaths. Eventually, he managed to calm down. He brushed his hair with his hand several times whilst trying to think about all that had happened. He realized that he had been too harsh towards Amanda. He was grateful to her for being there for him when no one else was. And now, he had hurt her. She yelled at him because she was concerned for his well being. And he knew that he had been unreasonable. Thus, he got up, opened the door and headed downstairs. He saw Amanda sobbing on the sofa and went up to her. He tried to comfort her by wrapping her up in a hug and letting her cry on his shoulder.

“Hello, Pete.”

Tracey Thompson was standing there before his very eyes. And very much alive. And she was smiling at him. In the same smile that Tracey always did.

“What are you doing here, Trace?” he asked.

“The same thing as you, really” she answered.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m here for some time alone.”

“No, Trace, I mean in the Bay.”

“You came back for your family. I came back to make peace with everyone here. After what happened with Zoë.”

“Trust me; it’s not going to be easy. All you have to do is just to look at me and the situation that I’m in.”

“I heard about that. I’m really sorry.”

“Not your fault really. We both know that Zoë made you do what you did. And if you hadn’t, she would’ve shot you.”

“I’m glad that at least someone understands.”

“How can I not understand? Considering the amount of time that you and I both spent in witness protection?”

“It did take you a while to finally come round. You really thought I was bad. I have to admit, it was a huge shock when you yelled at me.”

“Well, it was a shock seeing you there, you’ve got to admit. And it did take a while for everything to sink in. I’m sorry I yelled at you, Trace. I was so alone. The only familiar face was you.”

“Pete, we’ve discussed this several times before. We both know that it’s not your fault. If the Gillans weren’t after you, you wouldn’t be in this mess anyway. You wouldn’t have had to fake your death. By now everything would be perfect and you would be enjoying your time being a father to Drew and a good brother to Dan.”

“Like I can see that ever happening.”

“Give him time, Pete. He’ll come round eventually.”

“Yeah. I hope so too, Trace. I really do.” he answered as he looked away from her and stared into the nothingness of the ocean. As he looked away, she put a hand on his shoulder.

They sat together in silence. Both lost in their thoughts. He, about Drew and Dan. She, about him. She sat there looking at him. She was at loss at how to tell him. So, the only thing that came out of her mouth, that broke the silence was, “You shouldn’t be taking those pills, you know?”

“I’ve tried not to. But I can’t help it. These pills are a part of me, Trace. I can’t live without them.”

“It’s still wrong, Pete.”

“I know it is. But, I just can’t stop myself. It’s become a habit.”

“That settles it then. Your willpower is weak. Now I know why men tend to succumb to temptation so easily.”

“Hey, that’s not fair.”

Tracey’s response was just to laugh. Soon, both Peter and her were laughing and they both collapsed down on the sand, clutching their stomachs.

Tracey looked at Peter. She knew that now was the time to say it. It was now or never. She cleared her throat, and started,

“Pete, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“Hmm?”

“I… I-“

“Dad!”

“Drew” Peter said as he immediately shot up, leaving Tracey lying on the floor, a bit frustrated that she could not tell Peter what she wanted to tell him.

“Dad, can we talk?”

“Sure mate, lets go over here.”

Peter walked further away from Tracey as he and Drew started to talk. Drew was oblivious to who Tracey was as, all he cared about was talking to his dad.

“I’m sorry about the way I reacted when I first saw you.”

“Mate, you don’t have to be sorry. I lied and I didn’t expect us to best mates when you found out I was alive.”

Pete could see how much Drew was hurting, even though Drew said he didn’t want a father last time, deep down he knew from Drew’s reaction that he was getting used to the idea of him being back.

Drew looked up at Pete and said, “Dad, I missed you so much.”

Pete didn’t know what to say or do. he was shocked when Drew enveloped him in a hug.

Tracey watched from a distance as Peter hugged his son in comfort. There was a slight relief that left her body because it was now even harder to tell Peter her secret.

“Dad, I have got to go for dinner, but can I call you later?”

“Sure, mate. Here is my mobile number. Give me a ring when ever you want me.”

Peter’s day was getting even better, he thought to himself, as he watched his son entered in his mobile number in his phone.

Drew smiled at his dad. And just as he was about to walk away Drew heard his dad say, “How is Dan, Leah and VJ?”

“They’re ok. Still in shock, but they will come through eventually.”

Peter smiled as he watched Drew walk away. Tracey slowly got up and walked towards Pete. She knew from the moment he hugged Drew that he was getting closer to him.

“Trace, I think he is starting to get used to the idea.”

“That’s awesome, Pete.”

Tracey felt like that she just wanted to hug Pete. But she knew that she had to take things one-step at a time.

“Pete, I better be going. Shall we meet up tomorrow? The wharf, around 9?”

“Ok, I’ll be there.” Peter said as he parted from Tracey and headed back to Amanda’s.

Drew entered his house when he immediately heard Dan say “Where have you been? You’re late.”

“I know. I saw dad on the way home. I had to talk to him”

Dan gave Leah a stern look as they saw that Drew was happier then when he left the house this morning.

“Leah, Dan. I know what you have been saying. But when you told me that my father had died, well my heart sank. It has been 5 months since I first came to the Bay. I have grown up a lot. I’m nearly 18. I want to have my dad around to celebrate my 18th. And my best uncle and auntie, as well.

“Drew, you do realize that we just don’t want you to get hurt. He has hurt us all in the past.” Dan replied, hoping to give Pete some time to suffer for his lies before he could start being a father and a brother to Drew and Dan, as well as a loving uncle to Ryan and. VJ.

Preview: What will change Drew's mind about his father?

Tracey was in witness proection with Peter :o *is very shocked and is hyperventaiting as my girl is alive*

omg..omg...omg...omg...omg...omg...omg...omg...omg.

Please update soonish..omg...omg Tracey is aliveeeee!!! :wub:

I thought you wanted it to be Clare? :P

Archived