Jodi Gordon

Guest Tasha

I thought I'd bring this back to the first page. There seems to a lot of Martha bashing lately and I'm getting a little tired of it. So I thought I'd stick up for her and say something nice for change. Martha has matured a lot in the past couple of years and I don't get how people can say that she hasn't. And she's anything but selfish.

It's about time that her and Jack got back together. And Jodi said she had challenging storylines coming up.

I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year brings her.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martha's got a new wardrobe again. I think she changes her hair and clothes everytime she changes her life, like she cut her hair after Cam (Jury's still out on that one), and she's getting a fringe soon, Its funny. :P Anyway, last night, I love the relationship with Martha and Alf. I'm so glad he'll support her :wub:

Marthas new wardrobe needs working on, though we've only see what she wears this week, and that long skirt next week. But i loved mondays outfit (shirt and shorts) the best. Tonights i dont like. The aqua top. But cant wait to see the new fringe. Looks so cute. I hope she gets cute dresses again, or was Michael and Roman her dress phases, and Jack is her bohoish phase :P

Mmmmmmhm. :) Looks really good too. Nice to know there is this thread to come to. There's so much crap about Martha atm that it's hard to get a word in without being shut down. I love that she's not perfect, she has so many flaws when it comes to relationships it's incredibly frustrating (I still hope they're not donw exploring WHY she had/has those) and she struggled, and still does with a hell of a lot of them. She has so many issues, she's moody, can get annoying. sabotages herself (and consquently unkowingly other people) but underneath she has such a big heart and she'd stick up for someone she loved or what she believed in no matter what. She doesn't use her head a lot of the time either, she acts based upon feeling- creates all the drama in the first place. I don't need anymore saint type female characters to love, I can't relate to any of them, Martha I can. The fact that she has so many strong families ties is also brilliant. Her relationships with Morag and Alf are very interesting. I don't think she's anywhere near the maturity level of some of the other characters but she has grown, and a learning process for a lot of people doesn't happen in the space of one storyline, it develops of a number of years making the same mistakes over and over. She's learning the hard way.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYWAY. That's all. :)

You need flawed characters on the show. Not the characters like Jazz and Amanda who are brought in to stir up trouble (before they're reformed of course :P ), but the genuine ones who start out rough, make mistakes and try to learn from them. I've been enjoying watching Martha mature lately, and allthough she slips sometimes she's getting there :P I'm looking foward to see where they take her now she's back with Jack (presumably for good) and the man drama storylines are over.

BTW, Martha needs a female friend. One close to her age.

Does she have a fringe when she comes home from her holiday with Jack?

I think so, in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Archived