A New Beginning

Guest Jackieleanne

Chapter 17

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Mum are you ready to go” I shout as me and Jess stand by the door impatiently ready to hit the shops,

“I won’t be a minute girl’s stop being so impatient the shops aren’t going to go away” I hear her yell back,

“Hey we’re here to join you” Martha says as she stands at the doorway with Tasha and Ella,

“hey Auntie Mattie, am I going to get a really pretty dress?” Ella says running to me,

“yeah you’re going to get a really pretty dress you’re going to look so beautiful as a bridesmaid aren’t you” I say picking her up,

“Is Cassie going to be coming up?” Tasha asks

“Yeah her and Ric are due back from Brisbane next week so she won’t be coming dress shopping but well I know what size she is and stuff so it should be fine” I say smiling,

“an Jess we are so happy to hear about you and Henry and its going to be great the two of you having a double wedding how exciting” Martha says squealing,

“I know I’m so happy I couldn’t believe it when he proposed I mean its just something I didn’t expect from Henry” she says smiling,

“well my brother is smitten what can I say” I tell her

“Grandma” Ella squeals clapping when she sees my mum come into the living room,

“hey princess are you ready to go shopping with us” mum says to her

“Yeah grandma I love shopping and Auntie Mattie says you’re going to buy me a pretty dress” Ella says looking up at me,

“I swear Tasha if my daughter has your way with Ella you’re going to have your hands full” mum says.

Lucas P.O.V

“I wonder how the girls are going with their shopping” I say as me, Henry, Robbie and Jack and dad sit in the Diner having burgers as we wait for the girls to get back, they’d left at some ungodly hour of about seven this morning so that they could get to the city as soon as the shops opened,

“Well knowing my sister and Jess they are probably not going to get home until you know midnight, I wouldn’t even be surprised if they stayed at the apartment in the city for the night” Henry says,

“I wonder if mums credit card has reached its limit yet” Robbie says laughing,

“Anyways why we have got the afternoon free how about we head out and get our suits we might as well” dad says looking at me and Henry

“I guess we can I was thinking about going surfing but that can wait I’m sure we will be back before the girls anyway” I say as we stand up, dad pays Irene the bill as we head outside to dad’s car.

Jess’s P.O.V

“Oh girls you look beautiful” Beth says wiping the tears from her eyes as she looks at me and Mattie as we stand in front of the shop mirror, I was wearing a gorgeous floor length white gown, with a fitted corset top the skirt flowing straight down while Matilda’s was a stunning white gown with a fitted corset top that flowed out from the waist,

“Can we have these mum” Mattie says squealing in delight looking at me,

“If it’s what you want” Beth says

“Thank you so much Beth” I say smiling,

“It’s no problem love anything for you two you know you’re like a daughter to me love and you will be soon enough” she says hugging me, I’m so lucky to have met them the whole family are such nice people and all their friends are the best as well, I just wish that my own mother and father could have lived to be here for me to see me on my wedding day, for my dad to walk me down the isle.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWWWW wedding bliss :D

Thats so sweet of Beth to buy Jess the dress. It got me thinking about Jess' family and all. It also occured to me that Mattie and Henry are both getting married together! Sibling joint wedding! How sweet! And Ella was gorgeous :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived