A New Beginning

Guest Jackieleanne

Chapter 18

Mattie’s P.O.V

“Hey how was shopping” I hear Tony say as mum enters the house,

“Oh it was great you just know that we spent a fortune but these girls deserve the best” mum says as me, Ella, Jess, Martha and Tasha make our way in behind her, holding our bags close to us not wanting the snooping men of ours to catch a peep of our dresses,

“Ohh let us see” Lucas says rushing over to me,

“no way Lucas take a step back there is no way you are seeing this dress until the day” I say holding my arms out in front of me not wanting him to catch a glimpse of the dress inside the bag,

“Same goes for you Hen’s keep away” Jess says as we rush down the hallway towards mum’s room to put our dresses away.

“Mattie” I hear Lucas say nudging me softly as I drift off into space as I see Jess sneak out of the front door, she had been awfully quiet since we had been trying on the dresses,

“mmm” I say looking up at him “Luc ill be right back I just need to go get some fresh air” I say softly

“You ok do you want me to come” he says looking at me concerned,

“Yeah I’m fine and its ok you stay here I won’t be long” I say leaning up to kiss him softly before rushing out the door down to the beach hoping that is where I would find her.

Jess’s P.O.V

“Jess” I hear Matilda say softly as he hand rests on my shoulder softly,

“Yeah” I say looking up at her softly tears falling slowly from my face,

“Jess what’s wrong?” she says full of concern as she sits down next to me in the sand wrapping her arm around my shoulders, “Is it Henry, are you having doubts about marrying him?” she asks looking at me worriedly,

“No its not Henry I love him to bits and I’m in no way having doubts about marrying him, I was just thinking that’s all about how much I wish that my mum and dad could be here with me to share my big day you know” I tell her as I let the tears fall from my eyes as I look up at the stars,

“Yeah I know what you I think about my dad too and having him here with me, but you know that they are looking down at you Jess and they couldn’t be any prouder off you, and they may not be with you physically but they will be here with you in spirit just like my dad will be and Lucas mum” she says quietly I turn to face her and see the small tears rolling softly from her own eyes,

“Oh mattie look at us” I say laughing through my tears at the pair of us crying in the sand,

“I know” she cries pulling me into a hug,

“What’s wrong are you two ok?” I hear Lucas and Henry’s shout out to us as I see them running down the beach towards us,

“Yeah were just being soft and having a good old chat come on help us up” Matilda says extending her hand for Lucas to help her up from the sand, as I do the same for Henry before heading back up the beach towards the house.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Sniffs* Poor Jess, poor Mattie. That was sad... I couldn't imagine my dad not being a huge part of my life, so... *cries* but it was written beautifully. Much sweetness between Mattie and Jess, I'm really feeling their friendship, its great. And the moment of concern from Henry and Luke was just enough, that was so sweet. Aww, love all round, can't wait for more!

Archived