Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

I agree, plus its not the fact that they got back together that bugs me, got knows alot of the 'anti J&M' crowd hated them before all this nonsense.

There is no denying the despicable grounds the couple are based on, they were brought in and put together purely for the sake of what did actually happen, for them to be the 'it' couple. And it annoys me that alot of people were so passive as to accept them and see them as any more than they were (and still are!), a shallow, meaningless couple who cause nothing but heartache for eachother and those around them. They're both like those slot machines who spit the coins back out at you for no good reason, taking in people, saying they love them, then going "Oh no, wait, I love Martha now", then some fans have the nerve to put all the blame on Sam and Rory, a little blame, sure, but the majority of it falls in J&M's lap and their stupidity, if they know they have feelings for eachother, why do they both insist on getting involved with other people, knowing that down the line, everything will come to a head?!

Plus the way they're being written now is just as bad as before, because now they're the same, but were talking teen chick flick style romance now! Every conversation they've had since being together is as corny as hell, like its just being pulled from an 11 year olds fan fiction. Plus theres the whole "Asking for approval from Daddy" thing, Jack is like 30 for gods sake! He should have just kept it to himself until the day after his wifes funeral perhaps!? Then, they're apparantely all matured................so they decide to run away together because they can't handle the heat they both deserve. PATHETIC. Morag and Tony were totally right in what they said, it's absolutely despicable.

Ouch! Gotta say that really patronises us J&M fans. I don't agree with you, I love them exactly because of the fairytale. I'm not looking for anything deeper from them. We get that satisfied from other characters. Jack and Martha are loveable because of who THEY are.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you in JM love thread then? You obviously hate them.

Coming from someone who jumps into every single thread and post about J and M, pro or anti, and is like a cracked record defending them against all comers, even when there is nothing to defend, that really is a bit rich.

Why are you in JM love thread then? You obviously hate them.

Becuase this is a forum, if its all gonna be love chat like "J&M belong together" " OMG they are so cute" then whats the point in this thread? Plus I was saying this as a response, it'd look weird in another thread.

I've said what I wanted to say, I don't care how patronising it is. You all complained when they split up, then I have a right to complain when they un- split.

^^

You didn't have to respond.

If you don't have something nice to say about JM in the Martha and Jack Appreciation thread then you shouldn't say anything at all. :) Or express your thoughts in the right thread.

Now, I think it would be for the best if people who don't like JM to stay in the Anti-JM thread and people who do like them should continue to post in here.

That's my opinion. :D

I am vehemently anti-J&M, but I agree that negative posts should be kept in anti-threads, and vice-versa. I know that may sound like a contradiction with me possting here, but I'm not saying anything negative about them in this particular post, just saying that posts should be kept to the appropriate thread. This isn't the "are J&M good or not thread", so there's no need for a debate, it's just a place for J&M fans to discuss their favourite couple.

I have already apologised about that and I am not going to do that again, i will say one more thing, JM arent the only reason I like H&A. I dont have to justify myself to you.

True, you don't, but you expect others to, and there are threads all over this forum where you have jumped in feet first on the issue of J and M. The point is that I don't think it was your place to raise this particular point., You have as you say apologised for spamming the anti J and M thread and wont do it again, yet you have the gall to jump on some one who makes one comment. I think you should have left well alone. And that is my last word on he topic too.

I am vehemently anti-J&M, but I agree that negative posts should be kept in anti-threads, and vice-versa. I know that may sound like a contradiction with me possting here, but I'm not saying anything negative about them in this particular post, just saying that posts should be kept to the appropriate thread. This isn't the "are J&M good or not thread", so there's no need for a debate, it's just a place for J&M fans to discuss their favourite couple.

Well said. However, much as I respect you as a poster Diner Landlord, your consisent slagging off of J&M in any thread you happen to be posting in is incredibly tireseome and I have previously reported this fact. I believe we all need to bite our tongue unless we are in the appropriate forum. I do it. I detest some characters but only express it when and where it is relevant. I would implore you to do the same and cease the cheap shots that you take at J&M every chance you get. Aside from that I think you are a very valuable contributor to the forums.

I agree. When posting in a topic, make sure that what you are posting is relevant to the topic, otherwise you are just wasting your time posting and can end up causing problems similar to this. The whole reason why there are two seperate threads for JM apprecation and Anti-JM is so that people can discuss in the appropriate thread about how much they like or dislike Martha and Jack.

Basically, if you like JM post your comments in this thread and if you don't like them post your comments in the Anti-JM thread. As a result, we won't have debates or arguments about people posting in the wrong place.

Well said. However, much as I respect you as a poster Diner Landlord, your consisent slagging off of J&M in any thread you happen to be posting in is incredibly tireseome and I have previously reported this fact. I believe we all need to bite our tongue unless we are in the appropriate forum. I do it. I detest some characters but only express it when and where it is relevant. I would implore you to do the same and cease the cheap shots that you take at J&M every chance you get. Aside from that I think you are a very valuable contributor to the forums.

Thank you, you're right I am guilty of persistent J&M-bashing. I'll tone it down from now on, and keep it to the anti-J&M thread.

Archived