Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

I was hoping when they did

get remarried it would be a little more than a spur of the moment thing

. I feel a little ripped off that

we dont get a proper wedding,

but I guess it would be a little repetitive, being Jack's third and all that. It's sad that after all the drama they've been through recently they still cant even have one happy moment without it being ruined. <_<

I don't want Martha to loose the baby but I suppose a miscarriage would eliminate a lot of future drama for jm, and get Roman out of the picture so they can finally focus just on the cancer, like it should have been all along.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. I don't know why they had to throw the paternity drama in with the cancer. It's too much.

How convenient for her to miscarry. But I guess I am relieved, it's one less drama for them. And after all this is over they can have their own baby.

Ok well now I like the idea of a

hospital wedding

, it's simple but really sweet. Still wish it didn't have too

end badly

though, but the promo and tv week have gotten me all excited about it. I like that its just Alf and Colleen there as witnesses (well plus a few hospital staff, but they dont count :P ). Under other circumstances it would have been nice for Tony to be there too but as it is, no, way too harsh, lol.

Oh, but a blood clot, cancer and (probably) a miscarriage? How much bad luck can they put on one character? Combine that with Jack leaving or dying if the rumours about Paul's contract are true than Marthas going to need a whole lot of counselling.

I much prefered the second wedding to the first. It was understated and very sweet. The scenery was lovely too. I think I would have enjoyed it more though if it was a contrast to all the drama and sadness that the episode was about and it didn't end in tragedy. It wouldn't kill the writers to give them a break from it for five minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

My writing teacher exposed himself as a closet J&M fan today. We were talking about how people use amnesia in storytelling, and the example he gave was this:

"There was a character in a soap recently, I forget which one, who had amnesia. He woke up in hospital and thought he was still married to his first wife, even though he'd remarried and had a kid now."

MMMHM.

Teacher, are you here?? I noticed the way you talked over me when I tried to point out that that was Home and Away... and how you denied having watched this show or Neighbours, after discussing Neighbours at length... "I've been told about them"... *shakes head.* It's okay, teacher, you're with friends now...

Archived