Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Not really. :P The the sort of soppy crap Rachel likes to write about in fics. And it's the only place it will ever happen- fics. They're much more a couple associated with misery than happines, and mark my words, there'll be plenty more misery to come. :P I think I'm a bit of a sadist...

... Not really. :P The the sort of soppy crap Rachel likes to write about in fics. And it's the only place it will ever happen- fics. They're much more a couple associated with misery than happines, and mark my words, there'll be plenty more misery to come. :P I think I'm a bit of a sadist...

Oh, my dear girl. Did Disney not teach you anything? :lol: . To be honest, I can't really blame you. But this is a new start for them both, a chance to get it right this time. They know what's at stake, and they know for certain that this is the real deal. They'll follow the rainbow, wherever the four winds blow. And there will be a new day, coming their way...

Keith Urban is making me do it! *runs*

I wish they'd filmed those scenes <_<:P

Aw, I can just imagine them on a beautiful summers day, sitting under the trees with their little fruit cocktails, gazing into each others eyes ... bliss ^_^

Pfft, no more cheese, we get it, they're happy, move on now :P ( I cant believe I just said that :o ) There is more misery to come,

Rory

maybe?

The the sort of soppy crap Rachel likes to write about in fics.

'CRAP!?' :o

Finally you tell me what you really think about my fics :angry:

Well ... screw you *walks off sulking*

(Joke :P)

(Well, it might be <_< lol)

And forgive me if I dont want to see them miserable for weeks on end, or get torn apart yet again :rolleyes:

Is a little happiness too much to ask for? Yes, and soppy/lovey-dovey scenes.

I may be the only one, but this JnM fan still wants that!!!

So pft!

I don't think your fics are crap, you're very talented, you know that. :P I just meant you don't need ott fantasy scenes for them to be happy ones, it's a soap it's not a mills and boon book. :P I'd be quite happy to have them in the background of other people's scenes and see them cuddling or something else small. I think they need a break from all the drama once this shock from everyone dies down.

I'm not in agreement with a lot of anti-JM fans on this one. I don't think it unlikely that Jack and Martha would be brought together out the back of what they've been through. Martha after all did run to the church to try to stop Jack marrying Sam, so she clearly still wants him. And Jack made it clear in some of his scenes before the wedding that he still wanted Martha. I felt he married Sam more to be a father to Rory than to be a husband to Sam to be quite honest. So I don't think it either unlikely or, to be honest, tacky, that they cling to each other out the back of the wreckage of the situation that Sam created. Sam lied, murdered and finally killed herself and tried to implicate them as murderers to keep them apart. I find the idea that either of them owe her any emotional respect just odd. They can feel sorry for her at best. But that they should deny their feelings for each other because of her - no. That's how I feel anyway. As Jack said to Martha, they've so often screwed things up between themselves by not being honest with each other about their emotions. So he was honest with her and she was honest back. And that honesty has led them to vow their deep love for each other. Having got to that point and then to say "Oh let's go slow out of respect for the crazy woman who tried to destroy us" would be stupid. So now they're getting on with their lives as a mature couple. To me that shows actual emotional growth, and I think the writers are telling us they are going to now deal with this pair as two people who love each other and will face the inevitable soap opera problems they come across in a way that binds them rather than in the previously juvenile way that separated them.

I'm not in agreement with a lot of anti-JM fans on this one. I don't think it unlikely that Jack and Martha would be brought together out the back of what they've been through. Martha after all did run to the church to try to stop Jack marrying Sam, so she clearly still wants him. And Jack made it clear in some of his scenes before the wedding that he still wanted Martha. I felt he married Sam more to be a father to Rory than to be a husband to Sam to be quite honest. So I don't think it either unlikely or, to be honest, tacky, that they cling to each other out the back of the wreckage of the situation that Sam created. Sam lied, murdered and finally killed herself and tried to implicate them as murderers to keep them apart. I find the idea that either of them owe her any emotional respect just odd. They can feel sorry for her at best. But that they should deny their feelings for each other because of her - no. That's how I feel anyway. As Jack said to Martha, they've so often screwed things up between themselves by not being honest with each other about their emotions. So he was honest with her and she was honest back. And that honesty has led them to vow their deep love for each other. Having got to that point and then to say "Oh let's go slow out of respect for the crazy woman who tried to destroy us" would be stupid. So now they're getting on with their lives as a mature couple. To me that shows actual emotional growth, and I think the writers are telling us they are going to now deal with this pair as two people who love each other and will face the inevitable soap opera problems they come across in a way that binds them rather than in the previously juvenile way that separated them.

*Applause* :)

Archived