Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

I'm not in agreement with a lot of anti-JM fans on this one. I don't think it unlikely that Jack and Martha would be brought together out the back of what they've been through. Martha after all did run to the church to try to stop Jack marrying Sam, so she clearly still wants him. And Jack made it clear in some of his scenes before the wedding that he still wanted Martha. I felt he married Sam more to be a father to Rory than to be a husband to Sam to be quite honest. So I don't think it either unlikely or, to be honest, tacky, that they cling to each other out the back of the wreckage of the situation that Sam created. Sam lied, murdered and finally killed herself and tried to implicate them as murderers to keep them apart. I find the idea that either of them owe her any emotional respect just odd. They can feel sorry for her at best. But that they should deny their feelings for each other because of her - no. That's how I feel anyway. As Jack said to Martha, they've so often screwed things up between themselves by not being honest with each other about their emotions. So he was honest with her and she was honest back. And that honesty has led them to vow their deep love for each other. Having got to that point and then to say "Oh let's go slow out of respect for the crazy woman who tried to destroy us" would be stupid. So now they're getting on with their lives as a mature couple. To me that shows actual emotional growth, and I think the writers are telling us they are going to now deal with this pair as two people who love each other and will face the inevitable soap opera problems they come across in a way that binds them rather than in the previously juvenile way that separated them.

*Applause* :)

Double applause that was very well put and I totally agree with you. They'll face hurdles but not ones that will seperate them.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not in agreement with a lot of anti-JM fans on this one. I don't think it unlikely that Jack and Martha would be brought together out the back of what they've been through. Martha after all did run to the church to try to stop Jack marrying Sam, so she clearly still wants him. And Jack made it clear in some of his scenes before the wedding that he still wanted Martha. I felt he married Sam more to be a father to Rory than to be a husband to Sam to be quite honest. So I don't think it either unlikely or, to be honest, tacky, that they cling to each other out the back of the wreckage of the situation that Sam created. Sam lied, murdered and finally killed herself and tried to implicate them as murderers to keep them apart. I find the idea that either of them owe her any emotional respect just odd. They can feel sorry for her at best. But that they should deny their feelings for each other because of her - no. That's how I feel anyway. As Jack said to Martha, they've so often screwed things up between themselves by not being honest with each other about their emotions. So he was honest with her and she was honest back. And that honesty has led them to vow their deep love for each other. Having got to that point and then to say "Oh let's go slow out of respect for the crazy woman who tried to destroy us" would be stupid. So now they're getting on with their lives as a mature couple. To me that shows actual emotional growth, and I think the writers are telling us they are going to now deal with this pair as two people who love each other and will face the inevitable soap opera problems they come across in a way that binds them rather than in the previously juvenile way that separated them.

Very Well Put!

I can see the logic in that, and that may well be what the CURRENT set of writers intend for them. The trouble is that for the past god knows how long, the previous writers have played havoc with two characters who actually stated off quite well and who were completely ruined in my view. The will they won't they debacle has been so painful its going to be a an uphill struggle to convince a lot of the so called "anti-JM" fans that are actually worth investing in again. I wish the writers luck if thats what they are intending. They are going to need it, as it takes more than a bit soft soap to convert the majority of viewers.

I agree, plus its not the fact that they got back together that bugs me, got knows alot of the 'anti J&M' crowd hated them before all this nonsense.

There is no denying the despicable grounds the couple are based on, they were brought in and put together purely for the sake of what did actually happen, for them to be the 'it' couple. And it annoys me that alot of people were so passive as to accept them and see them as any more than they were (and still are!), a shallow, meaningless couple who cause nothing but heartache for eachother and those around them. They're both like those slot machines who spit the coins back out at you for no good reason, taking in people, saying they love them, then going "Oh no, wait, I love Martha now", then some fans have the nerve to put all the blame on Sam and Rory, a little blame, sure, but the majority of it falls in J&M's lap and their stupidity, if they know they have feelings for eachother, why do they both insist on getting involved with other people, knowing that down the line, everything will come to a head?!

Plus the way they're being written now is just as bad as before, because now they're the same, but were talking teen chick flick style romance now! Every conversation they've had since being together is as corny as hell, like its just being pulled from an 11 year olds fan fiction. Plus theres the whole "Asking for approval from Daddy" thing, Jack is like 30 for gods sake! He should have just kept it to himself until the day after his wifes funeral perhaps!? Then, they're apparantely all matured................so they decide to run away together because they can't handle the heat they both deserve. PATHETIC. Morag and Tony were totally right in what they said, it's absolutely despicable.

Archived