Current Episodes In Ireland

Guest gryphons_halo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you could just make a new thread titled Current episodes in England, that would avoid any confusion.

It was this quote that sent me into a murderous rage, as Scotland sees the same episodes.

As does Wales..How about a UK tread ?....:D

I was surprised that nurse in the hospital just came out and blabbed to Dan and Leah about Flynn so casually. Don't nurses/doctors have an obligation not to discuss other patients medical affairs with people who could be random strangers as far as they know? And especially since Flynn is a work colleague, you'd think he'd have already expressed to everyone in the hospital that he didnt want the news getting out and that she'd have been even more respectful of keeping his personal info a secret. I didn't get that. I also didn't get Leah and Dan running straight around to the house to say how sorry they were. Wouldn't they have figured, well, if Flynn wanted us to know he would have told us, therefore he most likely doesn't want us to know and probably won't appreciate it that we have found out without him being the one to tell us. Therefore we probably shouldnt just rush around there, at least until we get to talk to Sally privately about it. I thought this was incredibly unfair and dumb of both Leah and Dan. I might not have been too surprised if it was just Leah, but Dan's supposed to be a counsellor, sensitive to people's delicate mental states, etcetera etcetera. He should have been able to put two and two together and realise the one thing Flynn didn't want was a big in your face hugging and crying session. Don't know why he allowed Leah to rush around there like that.

I also couldn't believe the nerve of Lucas and Matilda to just walk into the kitchen of the Diner when a clearly private conversation was going on, and then to DEMAND to be told what was going on ! I was just bored of these two now I'm starting to hate them. The cheek of them. Who would do something like that? A couple of spoilt brats that's who. Grrr.

I realise the writers wanted the news of Flynns condition to get out, against his wishes, and so they needed to write in a couple of coincidences and "eavesdropping" moments to make it happen, but I think it could have been handled a little better. It was all too forced and out of character f or a number of individuals.

Despite these grumbles I enjoyed Thursday and Fridays episodes immensely, especially any scenes featuring Josh, Amanda, Alf, Morag and Sally and Flynn (on their own.) Yes Josh is one of the most cartoon-like bad guys ever but its fun to see him squirm when Morag interrogates him. There's nothing better than when Morag is on the case like a bloodhound, she never gives up. I wish they'd spin her off into her own "Murder, she wrote" style series. Heck, they could do a remake of "Murder, she wrote" and Morag would be the perfect title character! "Murder She wrote" was also set in a sleepy seaside village so not much alteration to the original story would be needed. And the way things are in Summer Bay at the moment, with people dropping like flies, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see Morag as the new Jessica Fletcher. Goodness, Im surprised all Jessica Fletchers family and friends didn't leave the country in that show to get away from her, throughout the ten or so series and 300 or so episodes of that show, just about every episode featured one of her friends or relatives getting the chop! But I'm getting off the subject!

Cool to see Flynn do the racecar thing, he looked so happy. This is going to be a different chapter in this story, now that hes accepted the inevitable and is going to do his best to enjoy his last few months instead of prolonging them with chemo. I loved the whole thing with Amanda faxing the Projet 56 files to Morag, then Josh having to rush around there and get them.Very creative writing again but a good laugh none the less. One thing about this though - I got the impression, from reading the Aussie forum, that the Project 56 thing was some big huge secret. In fact, it was only a couple of weeks ago when I was reading a thread there, and everybody was posting things about how the truth had finally been revealed and what it was all about (the freeway). However in Fridays episode they actually came out right from the get-go and told us exactly what it was about! I wasn't expecting that at all! I thought it might have been more fun to keep it a mystery for a little longer. Though I read the spoilers here, my wife does not and has no idea what is going to happen until she watches each episode - she was surprised they gave away the details of project 56 so soon because she was looking forward to being kept guessing about it for a bit longer. Strange they decided to do this. Though maybe as the storyline progresses it will turn out that this was vital to the plot.

Anyway, just wanted to keep this thread I started going by posting a few words about the latest episodes. Hopefully myself and Irish Fan can lure a few more Irish viewers in here too and we can get a nice little discussion going based on exactly where we are all up to in the show.

Later!

Well that Corey is a nasty piece of work alright. If it wasn't for the spoilers and the internet and the fact Australia is four months ahead of Ireland - I never would have seen that one coming. The bit where he's pouring the poison into Irene's tea at the end of Friday's episode. Ah it made me long for the days of old, pre 1997, when I didnt have the internet and you never knew what was going to happen in the show from one day to the next. It would have totally shocked me if I hadn't already known about it, so well done to the writers for coming up with what would have been a genuine surprise twist (leaving the spoilers out of it).

It put him in a whole new light for last nights episode - what a cunning little sleazeball. I take it all those peoples name he has crossed out in his folder were other jury members who he has already offed?

Lynne McGranger has excelled herself with this storyline - brilliant portrayal of somebody suffering an apparent mental breakdown. I almost wish it WASN'T a poisoning storyline and she really was going insane, because she's playing it brilliantly. It would be an interesting way for a character to be written out of the show in future, rather than the usual they get killed off or go on the run. I actually wouldn't have minded if this story had been about Irene really going mad and being written out of the show for a while, because she has just done it all so brilliantly. Very sad when Jack and Corey were dragging her away to the institution at the end, spoiled a little by Corey's evil smirk. Not spoiled so much because thats a good element to the story - its kind of two great stories wrapped up into one, where really, this time, it would be good if they were separate.

Amanda lost the plot and thrashed her house and I think this is the first time I actually felt sorry for her. But this girl has dug herself into the hole she's in now and rather than trying to climb out she just keeps on digging. Silly, silly woman.

Not much else to report from last nights show - can someone tell me if I've missed something though, from the Josh - Amanda story. All this stuff about what they did in LA... I know they were in the same apartment complex but has it actually been stated what this big thing that happened is? If its yet to come, don't tell me what it is, I was just a bit worried I might have missed an episode where they talked about it.

Cheers.

Archived