Current Episodes In Ireland

Guest gryphons_halo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So ...what do people think? Should we turn this into the U.K episode discussion thread? I think it would really benefit having a place to go where we can have continuous episode discussion!

Liam :)

I agree Liam, it would be great to have a place to talk about all UK episodes.

xxx

Channel 5 are 2 episodes ahead of RTE so you would be spoilering stuff for us by discussing UK episodes, Liam. I imagine most of the Irish viewers who read this forum have a general idea of what is going to be happening in the show for the next few months anyway, but we wouldnt know the specifics of each and every episode, so Id rather just find out as I go along.

Maybe you could just make a new thread titled Current episodes in England, that would avoid any confusion.

Irish Fan - you're right about Amanda,Jesse would actually be perfect for her, I hadn't thought of that. Pity he isn't still around. If he was still in the show, they definately would have been drawn together, no question about it. As for Lucas "coming out"....I really couldn't care less if he did or didn't, the guy hasn't made any impression on me at all as yet. He seems completely irrelevant, like they just introduced him for the sake of having a new character. The same could be said for the entire Holden family really, I still can't really see what the need for them was in the first place, as they haven't anything dynamic to the show, as of yet. Its almost as if the producers sat down at a meeting and said "Well, a few characters have left recently so we have room in our budget to take on about another three cast members." "Great! What kind of characters should we create then, that will allow us to set up some great new interesting storylines and shake up the status quo in the Bay a little?" "ehhh...I have no idea. How about just get three random guys and put them in a house next door to Beth and pair them all up with three of our female characters who are currently single?" "Sounds like a plan to me. Lets call them Tony, Jack and Lucas..."

I would hope there is a bit more thought put into the introduction of new characters than this. We don't HAVE to have a cast of 18 or so characters all the time, nobody would die if there was only 15 regulars for a while until an idea for a character came along that was actually necessary!

Forgive me if Im wrong about the Holdens, it is early days yet and I've no idea how they will be developed in coming months. They may very will be important characters in Australian episodes by now so Ill reserve judgement and hope to see some improvements for them soon.

Archived