Current Episodes In Ireland

Guest gryphons_halo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love stories where Irene is the main focus, rather than a prop for Hayley or Tasha. Lynne is such a fantastic actress. So many of these scenes have left me in tears. This is excellent writing and acting.

Yep, there's always one.

Irish Fan - yes, I was "redbats" but changed my username a few months ago.

Anyway, last nights episode was brilliant too. Loved the right hook Alf got in on Josh. That was a long time coming. Very satisfying jaw-crunching sound as well - one of my favourite punches ever thrown in the show. They've come a long way from the first attempt at showing a bit of fisticuffs. If I'm right it would have been when Ben attacked that lunatic who was married to Alf's artist cousin Jennifer up at Stewarts Point - we didn't get shown any of the punches, the camera focused on the shadows of the two on the ground instead and we could just see the arms flailing about. When we cut back to the actual action it was all over and Daniel was winded and bleeding on the ground! Since then there's been a few decent punches thrown. Steven and Dodge had probably the best fight ever, again on Stewarts Point. But as for individual lash-outs, that one with Alf last night was fantastic. I don't know if we've ever seen Alf land one on somebody before? Has he ever been pushed that far by anyone else, can anyone remember?

It was a pity we didn't get to see more of Kristy Wright last night. I thought if they'd gone to the bother of getting her back on set to film that scene the night before, they would have planned it so they could shoot a few more short ones while she was there. Of course, she could still appear again before the story is out, but I think I remember this being discussed in the Australian forum at the time and it was just a one-off appearance. I suppose they could have been accused of copying the Alf-Ailsa thing directly if they'd made it an ongoing thing for a while, but personally I wouldn't have minded. Still haven't quite forgiven Dan Bennett for killing off one of my old favourite characters!

Tony, Beth, Matilda and Lucas were still boring, but Josh is getting cheesily better all the time. This guy is the David Hasslehoff of the show. But Alf stole the show last night, just slightly ahead of Morag, and I wouldnt have it any other way. Home and Away should revolve around Alf, its a crime that he's left in the background for the majority of the time.

Project 56 is officially underway here now. Looking forward to following this one for the next few months. Cheers.

Hey Redbats, cool, didn't know if it was you or not :wink:

I loved last night's episode also. Irene stole the show for me, once again! I loved the way she kept talking to Chloe and then immediately turned to Hayley exausted and said "What's happening to me", or something along those lines. A work collague commented that Irene is "wrecking her head" at the moment, I nearly hit her in disgust! I also would have loved to see more of Chloe! It would have been class if we saw her standing on top of the medical counter and in strange places. Can't wait to see more tonight....

Alf punching Josh, very entertaining! Not loving the whole Josh thing though! Can anyone smell cheese?

Lucas and Matilda - please get a storyline! Maybe they could be driving down a road and kill Leah, and then bury her body in a shallow grave and not tell anyone as they're "too scared" of what will happen to them!

That and Lucas comes out and tells his family he's gay!

I loved last night's episode also. Irene stole the show for me, once again! I loved the way she kept talking to Chloe and then immediately turned to Hayley exausted and said "What's happening to me", or something along those lines. A work collague commented that Irene is "wrecking her head" at the moment, I nearly hit her in disgust!

You will really enjoy friday and monday then...

I think that for many of the people who say that Irene is "doing their head in"... mental illness is actually a difficult issue.....it scares them and they do not know how to react...Hayley does not really know what to do...it frightens her...as it does a lot of people who either have not encountered it or know very little about it...Hayley is also scared because she swa her own mother develop mental health problmes......Lynne is doing a great job portraying it...its very realsitic...both from the point of view of her outward behaviour and her own fear abut what is happening to her.......which adds to the discomfort that viewers might be feeling...I think your work colleague might find friday and mondy , particularly monday..quite disturbing as there are some very powerful scenes in it...This one one of my favourite stoylines from last year.

Watched the early showing of Home and Away today!

Another great episode, but no Irene :(

Amanda: Everday I feel more sorry for Amanda. She isn't evil, she's just got herself into some hot water and can't seem to get out of it. She really does love Scott and it shows, the poor woman just wants someone to love her and take care of her. She needs Jesse! Mixed up and lost is how I'd describe her.

I really like the character and Holly does such a great job of portaying her. My heart was racing when she was looking for the "Project 56" folder in Josh's office.

Ryan: Brilliant little actor in my opinion.

Dan: He's getting on my nerves, more an more everyday! His little rant to Amanda today! Pack it in Daniel!

On the other hand, he was sweet when he was comforting his ex wife!

Morag: Great acting today! She has such a powerful prescence on screen.

Josh: Again, cheese fest!

The Saunder's: The whole family at the table laughing and cracking jokes, nice to see but it's not Seventh Heaven! Liked it, a tad on the cheesy side though! Felt that poor Alf longed to be a part of it!

That man needs a new woman that will stick with him, unlike Maureen!

I was just thinking its about time Alf had a new woman in his life. Its been long enough since Ailsa passed away now. Maureen was just plain awful, I hated her with a passion, so I'm glad that didn't work out. They do need to find someone for him though. What kind of a woman would suit him best though? Somebody strongwilled or somebody a bit meeker? I think Alf would need a strong willed woman to put up with him and keep him in check when he starts flaming out of control. Somebody sweet though, Im thinking Vanessa Downing's Pippa, she would have been perfect for him. No chance of getting Vanessa back as a different character I suppose?!?

Or maybe they could be daring and have Alf fall for a younger woman - it worked for Donald! And speaking of Donald, thats something else Alf needs, a good mate to hang around with again. Tom, Michael, Donald, Rhys, all past buddies of Alf's, and he hasn't really had one for a long time. I haven't seen much of Tony yet but I don't see him striking up a firm friendship with Alf. Could be wrong, but they haven't done much interacting as of yet. Tony bores the pants off me at the moment anyway.

Alf's surrounded by too many nagging women, he needs a mate to go for beers with, go fishing with etc.

Wish they'd bring back that aborigine guy who Alf turned into when he almost died and had a vision of Summer Bay in the future (what a sentence - only in Home and Away!) That guy was way cool, and I can just see him and Alf making a good little team.

Oh well, things to ponder on I guess!

Hey,

After looking over this this thread and seeing a similar one on the Australian boards i think it would be really cool if we make this the official review thread of different episodes and characters. Just keep it ongoing. Only thing i was worried about was that i think that the Britain is slightly ahead in terms of episodes: two or three max. So is it worth making a seperate thread for Britain or reviewing and discussing episodes overall on this one?

Liam :unsure:

Archived