Girls Room

Guest -Emily-

Thanks for the reply Lanie :)

I'm taking Norimin this time round, I started taking it 2 days ago and so far I've not had any vomiting which is good. I had been on Estelle when I had severe acne about 2.5 years ago, which is the same style Pill as Yaz (Yaz isn't fully subsidised here in NZ and costs 65 dollars a month)

The Doctors have been reluctant to refer me for an ultrasound because of the fact it can't really confirm anything but if the pain gets worse, then I will be referred for an ultrasound and ultimately to the gynaecology department at the hospital.

I probably won't know how things will work out on it, until I take 1 whole pack and then 1 lot of sugar pills at the end.However, so far I'm reasonably happy.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I wasn't going to post in here, but since I wasn't able to PM the person I was going to chat to it'll probably be better.

I've been taking Norimin for almost 4 months now, and I've had nothing but problems with it :( including a really bad migrane which landed me in ED late last year.I've been having bleeding every 2-3 weeks, which should have settled down by now but it won't! + other problems

and the worst thing is, my GP has to apply to Pharmac so that I don't have to pay the unsubsidised price for this new pill she wants to put me on (I think it's Mercillon) so I'm stuck putting up with these unecessary side effects, until they write back to say yes or no.

Argh,I don't want to have to worry about my health all the time! (the plus side is, the friends which know about what is going on have been extremely supportive which is a massive help :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking that this should be in the "support thread" but I thought that it should be in here instead.

A guy I know who use to work with me, he left the job a few weeks back now. He's going to live in another state. A girl that works at my work, the guy and girl are friends "I think". They have been staying over each other places. I was a bit confused as to whether or not the girl and guy were seeing each other as I caught them hugging twice. But then two days ago the girl asked me completly out of the blue she's like "would you have said yes if so-and-so asked you out". I was confused when she asked me that because I thought they were together for some reason.

It was always a bit awkward between me and the guy. I had a feeling that he might have liked me but then I was like maybe he doesn't. The guy doesn't seem shy at all (but I am shy!) and we had been working together for a while so I'm wondering why he didn't ask me. But then one of my bosses (a female), we're kind of closish. The girl told the boss and the boss was laughing saying "she was like oh you could have had so-and-so..." Then she said "he would have left ya anyway".

The guy was always doing nice things for me. Regardless of how long the relationship would have lasted I still would have liked to at least tried being more than friends.

sometimes I wish I was a guy, it's annoying carrying a big handbag around my shoulder all the time, but a girl has a lot of stuff to carry these days.

I watched the ugly truth the other day, I thought it was funny when the boy was like "I was being mean to her and she started to cry". and then the guy who is the main character of the movie was like "that's because you need to be mean to the girls who think they are hot and who play hard to get", then another line was like "you gotta be careful what you say to teenage girls, they're going through puberty". There is quiet a bit of truth to that movie :lol:

• 7 months later...

Sorry I know it's kind of personal.... Girly problems which I am over having

Has anyone had experiences with going on the pill because their doctor suspects that they may have mild Endometriosis but cannot rule it out either?

I've been going back and forth to the doctor wanting answers because I have started having the same issues again(in regard to pain, severe and ongoing cramping, fatigue, nausea) which I had when I was in my early teens. The first one I saw deemed it to be normal, gave me prescriptions to 2 different pain relievers, and said that if things continue to get worse I'll refer you for a pelvic ultrasound. I've used some of them and actually found that things were not getting better (but the pain was), so I decided to go back and I actually saw a different doctor this time round.So I told her about my situation incl. the issue I used to have, and she seemed to have a totally different attitude in regard to treating things which was good. They still seem reluctant to refer me for an ultrasound because they can't really confirm things via ultrasound, so they want me to go on the Pill for 6 months, then go back and they will reassess things in regard to how they will keep the symptoms at bay.

The only thing I'm worried about is the side affects of the Pill I'm on. Hopefully I won't have the same issues with vomiting that I had last time, as it has less of the active ingredient which the doctor suspected made me vomit first time round.

Please feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting here :)

Oh my gosh. Just seen this post ... a year later. What-a-douche!

I went on the pill at 15, after my mum suggested me to do so because I suffer from chronic period pain (headaches, stomach cramps, my legs ache, my ankles ache, back ache & my thighs hurt). So I went on one pill & that didn't work to well so I went back to the doctor a few months later & they suggested that I could have been suffering from endometriosis. I was sent to the hospital & given an ultrasound but everything came back clear.

I'm 17 & am on a different pill now & although my periods are much more regular & less painful, I still experience enough pain. I suppose it depends on you as an individual with the pain.

All pills have different side effects; vomiting, nausea, weight gain. I just suppose it depends on you as an individual but obviously, if there are any problems, then you should go to the doctor.

I think they got fed up with me going back but if I'm with these periods until I become menopausal, then I might as well be comfortable & in a lot less pain when having them.

Oh my gosh. Just seen this post ... a year later. What-a-douche!

I went on the pill at 15, after my mum suggested me to do so because I suffer from chronic period pain (headaches, stomach cramps, my legs ache, my ankles ache, back ache & my thighs hurt). So I went on one pill & that didn't work to well so I went back to the doctor a few months later & they suggested that I could have been suffering from endometriosis. I was sent to the hospital & given an ultrasound but everything came back clear.

I'm 17 & am on a different pill now & although my periods are much more regular & less painful, I still experience enough pain. I suppose it depends on you as an individual with the pain.

All pills have different side effects; vomiting, nausea, weight gain. I just suppose it depends on you as an individual but obviously, if there are any problems, then you should go to the doctor.

I think they got fed up with me going back but if I'm with these periods until I become menopausal, then I might as well be comfortable & in a lot less pain when having them.

Well since that post, I ended up in Hospital because of 1 pill and 3 different pills later I finally have one which I think is working as well as it will (I think it's too early to tell as I'm tri cycling and I'm only on my fourth card of 6).My symptoms are still there especially the fatigue, but some of them are less severe (apart from the menstrual headaches I'm now getting).

I had to change GP's again thanks to student health being student health, and I've had extensive tests done including an ultrasound to rule out anything/everything else but they all came back clear.My new doc is keen to refer me to a gynae when I go back and see her in the new year, as she seems keen to find out what is going on just like me.

Hey,

Those of you that do have problems with periods can I suggest some herbal suppliments?

First there is Vitamin B. As a vegatarian I have to take these occasionally to help with my diet. They also help with that time of the month. Vitamin B is one of thsoe that is not stored by the body. If you are not happy taking tablets just include Vitamin B rich foods in your diet.

The next one is Starflower extract. It helped with the PMT side to it.

Tele xx

Archived