Girls Room

Guest -Emily-

Well the pill works absolute wonders for me so I would definately recommend every women who get bad cramps to take it!

Seriously, you have so much less to worry about!

For me it was great especially because I knew when it was coming therefore I was prepared for when it did come! And then of course I barely had any cramps...I was on Cloud 9 practically! :P

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I went to the doctors yesterday, & I didnt get to see my prefferred GP (as I only stick to using the same doctor when I go for appointments) & thats because my doctor is off sick, so I had to be seen by another doctor & I he wouldnt give me the pill for period pain, & I told him how bad they get.

But he put me back on antidepressant medication for social anxiety which is an SSRI called citalopram (Celexa), so I wont be able to take ibuprofen for the pain. Looks like I'll have to use paracetamol when I'm next on again.

^^ Its unfortunate, I mean I take the pill for birth control but when I do get cramps. I tend to lie in my den on the sofa, wrapped in a duvet with a hot water bottle, it helps me and well chocolate as well..though I tend to eat toooooo much of it..but thats another conversation altogether..

So I went to the doctors yesterday, & I didnt get to see my prefferred GP (as I only stick to using the same doctor when I go for appointments) & thats because my doctor is off sick, so I had to be seen by another doctor & I he wouldnt give me the pill for period pain, & I told him how bad they get.

But he put me back on antidepressant medication for social anxiety which is an SSRI called citalopram (Celexa), so I wont be able to take ibuprofen for the pain. Looks like I'll have to use paracetamol when I'm next on again.

Maybe you could go back and see your regular GP in a week or so. He/she knows you better and may want to prescribe the pill for you or at least tell you what else you could try as it looks like the other GP didn't give you any advice on how to feel better and reduce the pain during your period.

Hey girls,

Looking for your advice again as once again, I seem to have problems with my friends.

Everything was fine before Christmas hols. We met up often for lunch, texted often and we'd go out every now and again. But since going back to college after Xmas, I feel as if they are purposely shutting me out! This girl who I used to text all the time, just chatting, barely ever texts me anymore and when I suggest to meet up, she insists she's either busy with study or not in college that day. And then the other day, a mere half hour before we were meant to meet up, she texted to say she had to cancel because she had to call her dad who was in hospital. Now, I don't especially buy this excuse and she has made no attempt to meet up with me again! I feel like I am the one trying to talk to her all the time!

And just tonight I see her and this other girl, who I thought I was good friends with, talking about a night that they had been out together recently. They didn't invite me at all! I thought I was supposed to be friends with these girls! I dont understand why they're being like this because I haven't said anything to insult them or anything!

Yeah we grew distant over the holidays but I was really great friends with them once and I'd hate to think that they're just cutting me out.

I'm tempted to confront them about it, through a text message seeing as I never see them these days <_< , but I'm worried that 1) I'm just overreacting and 2) that they'll insist it's nothing and it'll distant us further. What do you girls think I should do?! :unsure: I am desperately looking for advice!

I'm feeling just really alone lately! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if I should put it in here or the support thread?

Anyway I go to Mind in Cannock. (If anyone does'nt know its a mental health drop in) As I have anxiety (& other mental health releated stuff in the past)I use that one instead of the one in Stafford now. Well you know I am really good friends with the guys in this band called The Walnuts who teach me guitar. The bass player Waz, I like him. Like the rest of the guys in the band, he's really nice & friendly.. & is so funny, allways making us laugh when we are at the pub. The thing is he is in his early 40's & I'll be 27 on Tuesday. They'll be doing their band practice tomorrow, so was thinking of asking him if he'll come for a drink sometime. But is that age gap okay, or do you think he will say I'm too young? Our other friend Neil, who is also the drummer in the band I asked for his opinion last night at the pub and he said to go for it, as he thinks that age does'nt matter, and another friend of ours Shell she also said the same too.

So just wanted to see what other people think?

Dont know if I should put it in here or the support thread?

Anyway I go to Mind in Cannock. (If anyone does'nt know its a mental health drop in) As I have anxiety (& other mental health releated stuff in the past)I use that one instead of the one in Stafford now. Well you know I am really good friends with the guys in this band called The Walnuts who teach me guitar. The bass player Waz, I like him. Like the rest of the guys in the band, he's really nice & friendly.. & is so funny, allways making us laugh when we are at the pub. The thing is he is in his early 40's & I'll be 27 on Tuesday. They'll be doing their band practice tomorrow, so was thinking of asking him if he'll come for a drink sometime. But is that age gap okay, or do you think he will say I'm too young? Our other friend Neil, who is also the drummer in the band I asked for his opinion last night at the pub and he said to go for it, as he thinks that age does'nt matter, and another friend of ours Shell she also said the same too.

So just wanted to see what other people think?

I dont think the age gap is really an issue. Maybe if you were in your early twenties like 21 or 22 but at 27 I think its ok.

Archived