Girls Room

Guest -Emily-

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh. Just seen this post ... a year later. What-a-douche!

I went on the pill at 15, after my mum suggested me to do so because I suffer from chronic period pain (headaches, stomach cramps, my legs ache, my ankles ache, back ache & my thighs hurt). So I went on one pill & that didn't work to well so I went back to the doctor a few months later & they suggested that I could have been suffering from endometriosis. I was sent to the hospital & given an ultrasound but everything came back clear.

I'm 17 & am on a different pill now & although my periods are much more regular & less painful, I still experience enough pain. I suppose it depends on you as an individual with the pain.

All pills have different side effects; vomiting, nausea, weight gain. I just suppose it depends on you as an individual but obviously, if there are any problems, then you should go to the doctor.

I think they got fed up with me going back but if I'm with these periods until I become menopausal, then I might as well be comfortable & in a lot less pain when having them.

Hey Carina, was just reading your post there!

If you're having really bad period pains, I so know how you're feeling there!

I had absolutely dreadful pains awhile back that kept me out of school and my Mum went to the pharmacist to ask if they had anything.

They gave her Feminax which has just been a miracle for me!

The slightest feeling that the pains are coming on, I just popped one or two Feminax into my mouth and I was suffer-free for my entire period! They really are miracle workers!

Now they have Codeine or something like that in them, so you have to talk to your pharmacist before purchasing them (its just a precaution - some people can get hooked on Codeine!)

But seriously, if you're having really bad pains, try Feminax, its really fantastic for period pains! :wink:

Hey Carina, was just reading your post there!

If you're having really bad period pains, I so know how you're feeling there!

I had absolutely dreadful pains awhile back that kept me out of school and my Mum went to the pharmacist to ask if they had anything.

They gave her Feminax which has just been a miracle for me!

The slightest feeling that the pains are coming on, I just popped one or two Feminax into my mouth and I was suffer-free for my entire period! They really are miracle workers!

Now they have Codeine or something like that in them, so you have to talk to your pharmacist before purchasing them (its just a precaution - some people can get hooked on Codeine!)

But seriously, if you're having really bad pains, try Feminax, its really fantastic for period pains! :wink:

Thank you for letting me know.

I might just have to try that.

Paracetamol, the pill, mefenamic acid (tablets prescribed by my doctor) - it doesn't seem to relieve period pain all that much.

I don't expect a pain free period, just something that will be less painful.

Carina! I use this FANTASTIC thing to get rid of period pains; I used to faint they were so painful but this gadget I've linked below gets rid of the searing pain. You might still have a bit of an ache but it's not to the point where you can't move or anything. It's primarily designed for women with menopausal symptoms but works perfectly for me with period pains to:

http://www.boots.com/en/Ladycare-menopause...relief%20magnet

Carina! I use this FANTASTIC thing to get rid of period pains; I used to faint they were so painful but this gadget I've linked below gets rid of the searing pain. You might still have a bit of an ache but it's not to the point where you can't move or anything. It's primarily designed for women with menopausal symptoms but works perfectly for me with period pains to:

http://www.boots.com/en/Ladycare-menopause...relief%20magnet

Thank you for letting me know! & thank you for the link as well ... very useful.

Wow, all these tips to stop period pain! I love this thread. Lol.

xxx :wub:

• 8 months later...

Hey girls, quick question...

My Debs/Prom is in a couple of weeks and I really have absolutely no guy to ask to come with me.

My cousin Aisling has offered to come with me, and I know we would have a great time and all, but I kinda worried about being the only girl in my year bringing a girl, especially a relative, to our Debs.

I know I shouldn't really care about what other people think, that I should just enjoy myself, but I have a tendancy to be very self-conscious.

I'm basically looking for yere opinion.

D'you think I should bring my cousin or still try and find a guy to take?!

Any advice would be welcome! :)

Thanks,

Laura xxx

Laura, I say take who you want to take.

Men can be hard to find, so there's always the back-up plan of your cousin. But find a bloke and ask them. Sometimes you really do just need to be that outright, most men won't take a hint! lol.

There's no harm in taking your cousin either, so don't worry about that at all. :)

My friend and I asked the boys we like via facebook messages if they would like to go bowling with us one time but neither have replied back makes me think their not interested :rolleyes:

Archived