Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

31 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

Have they remained the same or has it changed to match? I actually like the new theme. So different to what we have had before. 

I like it too. It’s nice to have some of the first verse back! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or does it seem like the recaps are longer? I don't know if it's the same in the UK, but compared to 2017 the Recaps seem to be longer. Why don't they trim the recaps to 20-25 seconds and have at least a 30 second version of the theme, the recaps in the 90's went for way longer and they could still have the whole 1 minute song. 

The version from the tour bus is 57/58 seconds, but because it was on Instagram and is cut off slightly, it goes for almost exactly one minute give or take a few milliseconds.

The recaps are longer for sure but I have seen longer than two minutes before. I guess I see why they do it. Home and Away airs a specific way, a story arc covered over maybe four episodes then not even a reference to this and sometimes the characters involved , are not even in episodes at all for a few episodes so you will have a general recap and then the recap from the 'storyarc' to bring that back to the viewers attention. 

We get the exact same recaps in the UK. As for opening credits I don't care for them on any show these days. I did though much prefer when they did the recap and then the Home and Away logo would come up afterwards. Like from 2004 onwards.

I have seen this done weeks later to refer to something and been like oh yeah that happened. So I like the longer recaps 

17 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

The recaps are longer for sure but I have seen longer than two minutes before. I guess I see why they do it. Home and Away airs a specific way, a story arc covered over maybe four episodes then not even a reference to this and sometimes the characters involved , are not even in episodes at all for a few episodes so you will have a general recap and then the recap from the 'storyarc' to bring that back to the viewers attention. 

We get the exact same recaps in the UK. As for opening credits I don't care for them on any show these days. I did though much prefer when they did the recap and then the Home and Away logo would come up afterwards. Like from 2004 onwards.

I have seen this done weeks later to refer to something and been like oh yeah that happened. So I like the longer recaps 

I would rather the theme, but you know, I think we can agree to disagree on that one.

• 5 weeks later...

Luckily our soaps in the U.K. gives viewers enough credit to be able to grasp what's been going on without recaps. It's not exactly war and peace 

and as for the next time on home and away rubbish. This just tells me that the channels hasn't got enough belief that the last scene itself is enough to keep people's interest. It wasn't needed before. 

9 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Luckily our soaps in the U.K. gives viewers enough credit to be able to grasp what's been going on without recaps. It's not exactly war and peace 

and as for the next time on home and away rubbish. This just tells me that the channels hasn't got enough belief that the last scene itself is enough to keep people's interest. It wasn't needed before. 

Hollyoaks has a recap.

19 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I agree, do away with recaps or make them ultra short and do away with the next time on Home and Away thing and replace it with opening and closing themes.

True I can do without the next time on Home and Away, it is not needed, but I like those long recaps, especially if you are not able to watch the show as it airs and have to catch up weeks later. So it benefits me I guess because im like oh yeah that happened. 

• 2 months later...

Archived