Ric Versus the Bay!

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really on a roll this week! Hopefully the clues have got some people trying to guess what is going to happen.

Chapter 16: Broken hearts and Consequences…

As Ric made his way down the hospital corridor he was nervous about what he was to find in the room at the end. He was past feeling remorse now. He just felt sickened at the fact that all of his secrets could so easily come tumbling out. As he approached the room where Duncan lay he looked through the window, gasping at the sight that met his eyes. A frail body lie upon the bed in front of him, his face and neck black with bruises and swollen red around the eyes. Martha seeing Ric at the door came out to fill him in.

“He’s in a coma. The lack of oxygen to his brain was for too significant a period. There is no sign if he will ever wake up.” Martha looked sad despite her mixed feelings about her cousin. Ric continued looking into the room. He could see Alf leaning on Morag’s shoulder. A rare occurrence within the Stewart family. Morag’s eyes were also watering, although she trying to wipe them away so that nobody could witness her tears. Despite not really caring about Duncan, Ric felt different. As if it did matter some how, but he wasn’t quite sure why. “Look I can’t deal with this.” Ric feigned upset to Martha. “I need to be away from here at home with my friends. Call me if you get any news.” He turned and began to walk away. Mistaking his eagerness to get back to Lucas for genuine sorrow and upset Martha walked up to him and hugged him. “Ric he’s going to be fine.”

She didn’t however hear his whispered response…“That’s what I’m afraid off…”

By the time that Ric was back in the diner flat on his own the feelings he had felt in the hospital had firmly disappeared. Before he could go and see Lucas and Matilda he needed to do one more thing. Grabbing some newspapers and a pair of scissors Ric began to cut letters out. “Y-O-U W-I-L-L B-E S-O-R-R-Y-!” Sticking them to a blank sheet of white paper Ric smiled at his handiwork. “Instant panic letter.” He chuckled to himself.

Leaving the Diner now Ric began to make his way over to the Hunters, where he knew that he was going to have to break up with Matilda before things got any more serious with Lucas. As he left he casually dropped the letter in the Diners post box, knowing that it was due to be emptied very soon.

Ric knocked on the door of the Hunter’s whilst in his head trying to rehearse what he was going to say to Matilda. He was unprepared for her answering the door so stuttered as she asked him if he wanted to come in. “It’s only me Robbie and Kim home, but they’re still shaky. So you can come through to my room if you want babe.” Ric was glad to hear that the other two hadn’t made it up yet, but still said nothing as he walked towards Matilda’s room. When he got inside and the door was closed, he began to speak just as Matilda pushed him down onto the bed. “We can talk after.” However, as tempting as it sounded Ric knew that he had to put a stop to things.

“No we can’t Matilda.” He sighed. “There isn’t going to be a later. Things between us there not right. It was fun whilst it lasted but that’s all it was. A bit of fun. Now with school starting tomorrow we can’t keep this up. I have too much with granddad on to even be in a relationship anyway. I really want you to understand this.”

Matilda took a step closer. “What do you mean? I love you Ric.”

“And I love spending time with you.” Ric stood up. “But that’s all.”

“Don’t go.” Matilda began to cry.

“What don’t you get? I don’t want you.” Ric stormed out of the room leaving a Matilda he had now reduced to tears sobbing into her pillow.

He didn’t have far to walk however, as he promptly arrived next door at the Holden’s. Quickly he tapped on the door once again. Lucas answered it with a stunned look on his face.

“You weren’t at the hospital long.”

“I couldn’t face it, and to be honest I’d rather not talk about it.”

“So what would you like to talk about?” Lucas smiled.

“I broke up with Matilda.” Ric blurted the truth out.

“Why?” Lucas tried to sound casual.

“You know why, and besides are you going to invite me in or am I going to stand out here freezing all day?”

Lucas pulled the door open. “We need to go to my room. Dad and Jack will be home soon.”

“Jack is…” Ric looked bemused.

“My brother. Now come on, I don’t want them seeing you.”

“Ashamed of me are you?”

“No, I’m just not prepared to introduce you yet.”

Ric moved inside. Looking at some boxes still in the corner, waiting to be unpacked Ric smiled at the irony of being invited straight to Lucas’ room. “It’s the first one on the left!” Lucas read Ric’s mind. “I’ll be with you in a minute.”

As he entered the room Ric’s jaw dropped open at the sheer neatness and precision of everything. For someone who had moved in only a few days before Lucas had organized his room, and decorated the wall with posters. Ric smiled particularly at one poster. “We don’t swim in your toilet so don’t pee in our pool.” It seemed like Lucas’ sense of humor. Carefully placed on his bedside table, stood a single photo of a young woman with blonde hair. As Lucas entered his room, Ric gestured to it.

“It’s my mum.”

“Oh is she out as well?” Ric enquired.

“She died when I was younger. I’d rather not talk about it.” Lucas went quiet.

“So we both have things we don’t want to talk about.” Ric gestured for Lucas to join him on the bed. “There’s plenty more we can do!”

“Like…” Lucas goaded Ric.

“Like this” Ric pulled him closer, and brought his lips up to meet Lucas. However once again the boys were separated by the front door banging.

“So yeah looks like you are settled in then.” Ric pricked his ears at hearing Beth’s voice.

“Yeah, which means I was telling the truth in the pub. So- were you when you said you fancy me?” Ric didn't recognize this voice

Lucas grimaced. “That’s my dad.”

Ric tried to suppress his laughs. “No way.”

“Well…” Beth began. “Since I ask you for proof, maybe you can show me your room so I can give you yours?”

Lucas faced turned white. “No, no, no, no, no!” His protests were quickly cut short however, as Tony spoke again. “The bed’s very comfy. You should join me.” As muffled noises began to arrive from next door the front door once again slammed.

Ric opened Lucas door a crack so he could peer out.

“Martha you talk too much.” Lucas pushed his head into his hands.

“And that would be my brother.”

“Martha’s my cousin.” Ric whispered, still spying through the door.

Ric watch Martha move her hands up and down Jack’s back until she reached his shoulders; they were well built just like the rest of his body. She then wrapped her arms around his neck. Jack leant closer to Martha wrapping his hands around her waist so that he could get as close as possible, kissing her lips. She tugged onto his shirt, still kissing him with great passion. Ric’s jaw dropped open as Jack picked her up, Martha wrapping her legs around his waist kissing him as passionately as she could. Once Jack ran out of breath he released his lips away from Martha’s and started carrying her towards his bedroom.

Closing the door Ric returned to Lucas bed. Both boys could distinctly hear the heavy breathing throughout the house. Beth and Tony were far from being quiet, and inside Jacks room the steady rattling of a headboard could be heard. A yell suddenly rang out from Tony. “We have so got to do that again.”

Ric turned to Lucas. “I know this is seriously wrong and all. But you cannot seriously tell me you are not feeling damn hot right now!”

The nights were always the worst for Ric so he was always glad when it was morning. However this morning he knew that school was going to make his plans ten times harder. These plans had taken on a new twist yesterday as he realised after his time with Lucas that Jack and Tony Holden, were far too happy and sure of themselves. That would soon be changing he thought.

By the time that he had eventually pulled himself out of bed everyone had already left to visit Duncan at the hospital. A knock on the door eventually brought him to his senses. Making his way to answer it, he was shocked to find Lucas standing outside.

“Well if yesterday wasn’t a passion killer I don’t know what is.” Lucas laughed. “Anyway have you heard? Some kid has been taken apparently. Some woman in the diner, with really bad dress sense, was yelling about a ransom letter of some sort.” His face turned serious.

“I didn’t know about that.” Ric tried to look generally surprised. “Anyways I need to get dressed so time for you to see my room. It’s just in there. Make yourself comfortable while I grab a shower.”

As Ric scrubbed himself in the shower, little did he know that Lucas was eagerly looking around his room. By the time that he came out clad in just a towel everything however was back to normal. Walking over to his wardrobe Ric grabbed his uniform and put it on. Then a cough attracted his attention, and he turned around to see Lucas clutching a pair of scissors and a newspaper with letters missing.

He looked pointedly at Ric. “You want to explain this?”

Meanwhile in an unknown destination not too far away the two boys unknowingly flashed onto a monitor. A middle aged man sat on a chair watching the interaction between the pair. He spoke eerily to an empty room “Not long now I say not long now. Subject 1893 is almost complete…”

I also have a couple of thank yous to give to Jacksthehottest who helped me write Jack and Martha's hot love scene, and to Clare (Guevara01) who has been continuously giving her input and helping out where she can! I may get one more chapter up before next week but there is no guarantee as I am away for the weekend from tomorrow. Happy speculating!

Liam

Hey Liam!

I haven't read this fic in a while. It's still as great as ever! Ric and Lucas are so great together as well as the 'steamy' scenes in the Holden house. I'm getting quite curious about the whole 1893 thing.

As far as your creative limerick goes I think I've nutted out a few things.

The first little piggy is referring to Corey poisoning Irene and making her think she is crazy. Maybe Ric might go down this path with Alf?

The second piggy is Zoe/Eve because it says "she" and Zoe 'died' in the explosion at the shed and also started the fire at the Palace.

The third piggy is Diesel and his relationship with Sally. Oh, maybe Ric might try to start something with Sally? or Dan? or even Barry? *shudder* I don't really want to know if you thought about that. :P

Not sure about the wolf, probably Ric, but why would he die of a heart attack? Not too sure how these all link together either.

Can't wait to read more soon,

Jen.

Maybe the wolf is referring to Ric's Dad - didn't he die of a heart attack? Maybe he is the guy watching and he didn't die after all??? I'm probably completely off track with this - I usually am with things like this. Can't wait for the next instalment!

Yay! Thanks for letting me know you'd updated Liam! I'd totally been missing all these posts, I sould kick myself! But woohoo, I've read them now. Ric and Lucas, ah, what a wonderful little develpoment. Of course I wouldn't object to that Robbie/Kim/Scott fiasco being revisited, but maybe that's just me.

All the riddles were cool. I'm not even gonna try to figure them out but what everyone else has been saying sounds good. Particularly Ric trying to start something with Sally and/or Dan. Hmmm :)

That serveillance thingy made me think of Tasha's dad, Ian Osbourne, but I don't think Tasha has even been in this fic, so.. probably not.

Oh yeah, and that Ailsa stuff was sooo evil. Well done! :D

Just caught up with your new chapters and clues. Fantastic as usual. I love the scenes with Ric and Lucas. Also loving the fact that they are being watched. Cant wait to see what happens next and what Ric can do to the perfect Holden's. Great Liam. Going to re-read the clues now and see what I can figure out Lol.

Archived