Ric Versus the Bay!

Guest tasha7905

This chapter was really hard to write. I'm hoping it has just the right mix of comedy, passion and drama. Please let me know what you think!

Chapter 14: Not so innocent…

It was now three days since Ric had left the message on the answer phone. In that time Alf had been to see his doctor, and had been declared fine. As it was a one-off event things around the flat had begun to get less hectic, and Alf had been allowed to go out on his own again. Duncan however, was still hanging around, endlessly trying to make things up with his father, and also making Rics life a misery.

Ric had been looking forward to seeing Matilda tonight for the last few days. Ever since the revenge on Alf had begun, things had been somewhat less interactive between the pair and he was now feeling hot. He wanted to make tonight special; in fact, he was planning to invite Matilda over here while everyone was out. Then since he knew Duncan would be back early, he was going to ensure that the pair were caught together. This he hoped would make Duncan jealous; bringing more anger and resentment to the surface.

Alone in their room now, Ric began to get dressed. As he opened his wardrobe and put on his best blue shirt he couldn’t help but admit that he looked like a stud. Pulling on some jeans and grabbing some wax to shape his hair, Ric completed his look by doing a Michael Jackson turn in front of his mirror. Suddenly he stopped. “DUNCAN.”

“What’s up mate?” Duncan came into the room trying to look innocent.

“My shirt MATE. You’ve ruined it.” Ric looked ready to pound him.

“It adds a bit of style, to your otherwise awful wardrobe. Thought you said we were going to get on better and share things?” Duncan smirked.

“Duncan, there’s a huge hole in the shoulders. It looks like I got it out of a garbage can. All my clothes are in the wash. I have nothing to wear tonight.”

“Actually you’re wrong.” Duncan crossed the room and opened Ric’s wardrobe. “You still have this rather fetching shirt that Auntie Morag brought you for Christmas.”

Ric looked the purple flowery surfer shirt up and down. “Give it here.” He looked venomously at Duncan.

“Actually, while we are on the subject I also may have used the last of your aftershave.”

“You’re pushing me now. Help me find my trainers before I do you some damage.” Ric sighed.

“Hehe yeah, they’re under my bed.”

“Right that’s it. There are going to be some new rules around here.” Ric grabbed a piece of chalk, and drew a line straight down the middle of the room “From now on neither of us crosses this line for anything. The door can still be used but other than that the rule is you stay out of each others half of the room. Agreed?”

“Sure, whatever floats your boat mate.” Duncan flopped onto his bed. “Now since I have the telly, I’m just gonna kick back and watch some cartoons before I go out.” He threw Ric a wink, and turned the telly on.

His laughs were suddenly cut short however, as the channel moved over to Baywatch. “Now since I have the remote, looks like it’s my pick.” Ric resisted the urge to laugh in Duncan’s face.

“I’m going out.” Duncan stood up and raced out of the flat leaving Ric to relish the start of many victories.

“I thought maybe we could share a milkshake then go upstairs and watch a film.” Ric wrapped Matilda in a giant embrace as she arrived at the diner.

“Perhaps we can miss the film.” Matilda whispered back into his ear. “But before that there is someone I would like you to meet.” Matilda took Ric’s hand and led him over to the table where the guy that he had admired the other day was sitting. “Ric this is Lucas.”

Lucas stood up and extended his hand. “How you doing dude?”

Ric returned the gesture. “I’m awesome.” He had to hide his smile at finally getting to meet this guy in person. As Lucas and Matilda began to chat about the bay, Ric closely studied Lucas. His deep azure eyes kept moving from Matilda and glancing over to Ric. As he felt the mysterious eyes watch him again, Ric looked up and winked. Lucas smiled and subtly returned the wink before extending his leg and moving it closer to Rics under the table. Carefully watching his reaction, Ric allowed his own leg to meet Lucas. Just this simple connection between the pair brought a grin to each boys face, and Ric continued to study him long after Lucas had turned away. His rugged hair, beach boy smile, baby faced smile, and slim body combined to make Ric wonder what lay beneath this perfect exterior. Beginning to feel flustered Ric turned to Matilda. “Duncan will back soon so we should really get watching that film.”

Lucas stood. “Don’t let me hold you back guys, I gotta be going anyway. So I’ll see you soon Maddy, and well I sure hope I’ll see you around Ric.” As the two made their way up to the diner flat Ric couldn’t help but take a last look behind him at the picture of perfection that had just entered his life. Now however, was the time to focus on Duncan and Matilda.

As the door closed to the flat Ric turned to Matilda and whispered to her. “Wait in my room; I just need to do something.” As soon as she was out of sight Ric made his way over to Alf’s wallet. Looking inside and pulling out three twenties, he walked over to the fridge and tucked them at the back behind the butter. He then walked over to his bedroom.

Matilda was lying on his bed waiting for him. As he joined her he could feel her hot breath on his neck kissing him and pulling him closer. Not resisting he kissed her back. They lay kissing, until Matildas hands swooped under his shirt and began to unbutton it. His bare chest now exposed Matilda washed her hands over his skin, and the kisses became more and more frequent.

“What do you think your doing?” Duncan appeared, right on cue.

“Sorry,” Ric tried to look embarrassed. “I thought you were going to be late. Not jealous are we?”

“Dad is ill Ric, and you’re in here trying to get off with some bird.”

“I’m gonna go.” Matilda straightened her hair and left the flat.

“In case you haven’t noticed mate. I wasn’t trying.” He laughed. “Now erm can we finish this after I have got myself sorted.”

“I’ll be in the lounge.” As Duncan left Ric buttoned up his shirt, angry that Duncan had arrived just before he got some action. Planning his revenge he sneaked back into the fridge and grabbed one of the twenties out. Carefully placing it under Duncan’s mattress he made his way into the lounge acting as if he was only just ready.

“Now what was you saying?”

“You don’t give a hoot about dad. He could be seriously ill and you’re too busy with the ladies to even be worried. Why did you move back here if that’s all you ever had planned.”

“But your wrong Duncan, I care about granddad more than you could possibly imagine. Perhaps not in the same way but believe me I care. Besides who would believe you anyway? The prodigal son who comes back still seeking revenge! Nobody is going to believe you have changed Duncan, and when it transpires that your dad is not ill just thinks he is, who’s more likely to get the blame?”

“You sick twisted…”

“Ric.” Lucas was at the door. “It’s your granddad. I found him down at the wharf. He thought he saw Ailsa or someone on a boat whilst he was fishing. I can’t get him to calm down.”

“She was there, I saw her. Get of me you flaming mongrel. Boys I saw her. She was alive. Ailsa is alive. But she didn’t answer me. I called out. She just rode away.” Alf sank to his knees on the floor, pounding his hat against the tiles. “Why didn’t she answer me?” As the boys looked at each other Alf’s body began to shake as the sobs became louder and more heart wrenching. Duncan acted first bringing Alf to his feet and laying him in his bed.

When the door was safely closed Ric turned to thank Lucas. “Dude, I owe you one.”

Lucas looked intently back at him. “There’s more than one way to repay someone!”

The pair paused, watching each other and waiting with bated breath to see what would happen. Lucas spoke first, “Well I’d better leave you to sort things out. I’ll see you soon.” He winked.

“Not if I see you first.” Ric closed the door, and leant against it. That boy got hotter each time he saw him. Perhaps it wouldn’t be the best idea therefore to tell him that he had paid someone who looked like Ailsa from the back to ride a boat where he knew Alf would be fishing. That was a passion killer if ever there was one he thought.

A yell suddenly brought him back to reality.

He rushed into Alf room. Alf was standing up, roaring at Duncan. “How can this be Ric? Ric didn’t make Ailsa come back to me. Now you have said some low things in your time but that it probably the worst.”

“Granddad don’t worry about it. Duncan is just as upset as everyone else. He doesn’t know what he is saying.”

“He knows exactly what he is flaming saying, and if he don’t drop it, he can leave this town as fast as he came back to it. Alf continued to yell.

“Look Granddad you get some sleep. I will talk to Duncan and straighten things out.” He left the room and made his way back to his joint bedroom.

“Told you it would never work didn’t I. Told you that everyone would believe me over you, because Alf actually loves me.” Ric laughed.

Duncan now seeing red thrashed forward his fist landing on Ric’s eye. “Yeah and I love dad, I’m not going to let you ruin his life.” Duncan fled the flat.

“Maybe you should stop playing right into my hands then.” Ric spoke to a now empty room. Picking up his cell phone he text Matilda. “Have you got Lucas number?” By making Lucas a confidant he could explain how Duncan was being so mean and how he hated him. Another alibi. Nobody was yet aware though, that things were only going to get worse, and that Duncan was going to become a permanent pawn in Ric’s continuing games…

Liam

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok! I have been talking to Clare (guevara01) and I have decided since the fic is full steam ahead now it is time to release some clues as to what is going on. Also i am hoping to have two more chapters up before i go camping on friday and then there should be some more some time next week!

Clue One:-

Subject 1893 (What does this mean, what is it referring to?)

Clue Two:-

Once upon there were three little pigs and they each made a house made it somewhere to live. But the first little pig he eventually died from a little mercury poisoning inside.

Once upon a time there were two little pigs and they each made a house made it somewhere to live. But the second little pig she eventually died as there was a big fire inside.

Now the third little pig he had many a grudge and he went to school to only eat fudge. But inside the school the teachers were bad because they had students that loved them like mad.

Now the wolf in the story is the big bad guy, he had no pigs to eat- so he'd eventually die. He survived crashes and he survived drugs but the big bad wolf had too many lugs.

Now wolfie died from a heart attack too, so the story ends with nothing to do, but all of these limericks have many clues, so work them out and do not snooze!

Happy puzzling!

Liam:)

Don't forget to post your thoughts as i'd love to see what people are thinking!

Another dark chapter. Let me know what you think!

Chapter 15: Things get worse…

How can you just leave me standing?

Alone in a world that’s so cold?

Maybe I’m just too demanding

Maybe I’m just like my father- too bold

Once again Ric awoke in a cold sweat, thoughts of his father manipulating and twisting his mind, showing a deep vulnerability hidden inside him that even he was not aware he possessed. Quickly pushing it back he shook his head clear. Again it took all the strength he could muster to avoid picking up the scissors and punishing himself. Instead he walked over and sat on the end of Duncan’s bed.

Duncan awoke with a start as Ric sat down. “Er Ric, you’re on my side of the room.”

Ric laughed mocking Duncan, and letting him think he had won before all of a sudden grabbing his neck, ensuring he pressed hard enough to give Duncan a scare, but not hard enough to leave any marks. “Now listen here, you did a very stupid thing when you gave me a black eye earlier. Although it was only stupid for you! But you listen to me now, and you listen to me good. If you don’t start doing exactly what I say I will make your life hell. I will make it so that there are no hopes of you or your dad ever reuniting, and I will make sure every person in this sorry town can see what an self centred evil person you really are. Do you understand me? Now tomorrow I want you to tell everyone exactly what you know about me. Is that clear?” A bemused Duncan nodded his head and Ric relaxed his grip.

He climbed back into his own bed now and laughed to himself. When Duncan continued to spout off, the Stewarts would be finally be split up. Picking up his phone he was surprised to see had another text from Lucas. The boys had been texting each other all night but during the big gap Ric had believed that Lucas had fallen asleep. The newest message was giving Ric mixed signals. “You and Matilda look like a really good couple. Are you happy together though?” He didn’t know what to reply. Lucas had been sending him mixed messages all night. He eventually decided to be honest. “Lucas what are you after. Do you like me?” It took only a few seconds for the last message to come through. “I like what I saw today. Maybe we should hang out some time?” That was all it said, and Ric fell back to sleep more confused than ever.

The next morning by the time that Ric woke up everyone was already at the table eating breakfast. Martha came into the room to see if Ric was awake.

“Ric. Oh my god. What happened to your eye?” Martha looked shocked.

“I…fell over.” Ric purposefully tried to look and sound shifty.

A reply quickly came: “Did Duncan do that?”

“Martha he was just angry he thinks it’s me hurting Granddad.”

“He has no right to think that. Granddad hasn’t even spoke since he thought he saw Ailsa. You know I think it’s him and he’s using you as a scapegoat.” Martha stormed out of the room. “Duncan hit Ric.”

Duncan began to loudly protest, “It’s him dad, he’s making you think you’re ill again…”but was quickly cut off by Morag.

“Nonsense boy. Why would Ric do that? Just get out. Get out until you are old enough to realise that your father is ill.”

“Dad, you can’t let her do this. It’s Ric its all Ric.” Duncan pleaded with Alf.

Alf said nothing; he instead walked into the room and threw Duncan’s clothes into a bag. “I think that answers you question.” Martha smirked.

“Again you take someone else’s side. Anyone but your own isn’t it Dad. Have you never thought your own son might be telling you the truth? I’m not doing this again. I’m not coming back. I hate you” Duncan slammed the door as he left.

Alf now reeling from the absurd accusations his son had made picked up a plate, and threw it against the wall. As it collided, everyone jumped. They could see Alf’s eyes watering and his strong inner wall of emotions collapsing in front of them. “Why didn’t she answer me?”

The three remaining the room exchanged looks, as the pillar of the community that all had come to trust became the one who needed the help most of all…

Whilst Morag and Martha stayed with Alf, Ric was once again free to create havoc around the bay. Walking down from the diner he could see Leah, Amanda and Dan in the kitchen arguing again. Ryan was sitting on his own at a table playing with his milkshake. Over at another table Ric could see Lucas. He headed over to that one. As he sat down a knowing glance was exchanged between the pair.

“Well fancy seeing you here.” Lucas opened the conversation.

“Fancy?” Ric raised his eyebrows. “Dude I don’t suppose you could do me a favour?”

“Depends what it is?” Lucas looked dubious!

“I just need you to cover for me that’s all. I need a break this afternoon from everything. In a minute could you just leave and if anyone asks say I’m with you or somewhere near.” Ric put on his bets puppy dog eyes. “People will get worried otherwise.”

“Well it depends…” Lucas’ mind looked through the possibilities.

“On what?”

“On what’s in it for me.” Lucas tried to cover the eagerness in his voice.

“I’m sure we can come up with something when I get back.” Ric allowed his hand to move across Lucas’ thigh. “Something that will benefit you. “

“Go on then, but don’t be too long aye!” Lucas stood up and left.

As soon as he knew that he was out of sight Ric made his way over to Ryan. “Hey little guy. You look bored. Wanna come to the park?”

Ryan looked up. “Yeah but I need to ask my mum first. She gets angry otherwise.”

“It’s fine mate. I just asked her and she said it’s all ok.” Ric smiled. This would teach them how precious a child was. Looking around Ric made sure that nobody could see them and helped Ryan out of his chair. “Let’s go.”

As they made there way across the beach Ric’s mind was a whirl with whether or not he should go through with this. Deciding it was only what they deserved he led Ryan into the bush. “The park is just through here and down a bit!” The boys continued to walk. Eventually they came to what appeared to be an old abandoned hut. “Now I left a football in here earlier. So do you want to come in and get it?” Ryan nodded.

Approaching the hut Ric realised it was now too late to back out, and as the boys entered he placed a cream on Ryan’s hand where he had “hurt himself.* The cream acted as a five minute sedative, and whilst Ryan fell asleep in his arms Ric tied him into a chair. “I’m really sorry mate.” He shook his head. He had done all that he could to ensure the hut was as nice as possible. It had a bed and T.V in it. No sooner had Ryan been tied up, he awoke unable to move.

“Ric what are we playing?” Ryan looked anxious.

“I’m really sorry, this isn’t a game. You will be staying here for a while. Anything you want you can have. You just got to ask but I have to go. I have a date with a hot guy.” Ric tried not to look Ryan in the face. He needed to get out of there before he got to emotionally attached.

The door to the hut banged shut before Ryan could talk. “But Ric…I want my mum.” Tears began to fall from his eyes and he began to realise that this was no longer just a game!

Ric was running now. Running through the woods away from Ryan. The kids were never meant to get involved, but it was the only way to ensure Amanda, Dan and Leah finally learnt the value of family. Before he knew it he had arrived back at the Holden’s. He tentatively knocked on the door waiting for Lucas to answer.

As the door swung open Ric couldn’t help but marvel at the fact that Lucas was shirtless. “You want to come in?”

“Depends…is anyone home?” He smiled mischievously.

“Me myself and I.” Lucas beckoned for him to come in.

The door swinging closed behind him Ric looked nervous for the first time in a long while. He could feel Lucas warm breath on his neck. Close behind him. “Take a seat next to me.”

Ric gulped and sat down. “What’s going on here?”

“What do you mean?” Lucas moved closer. “Like I said, I like what I see.”

The boy’s heads moved together, their lips locking in a single solitary kiss. For the first time Ric felt totally at ease, and things felt right. “You know we might have to try that again.” Lucas eagerly complied. Yet all of a sudden the boys were interrupted by Rics cell phone. “I need to get that. With granddad and all.” He looked at the phone. “It’s Morag. Hey. What’s going on? What do you mean in hospital? Yeah look of course I’ll be there! I’m on my way.” He hung the phone up. “I have to go. It’s Duncan. He’s tried to hang himself… There’s blood everywhere and nobody knows if he’s going to make it…”

As Ric rushed to the hospital and Alf looked down at his sons’ bruised neck and throat, an unknown hand was in the bush feeding a captive little boy. These actions had all been caused by one person. A person who was so consumed with his own grief and passion that he was becoming out of control. Yet things always get worse before they get better…

Liam

Great chapter, the twist with Duncan at the end was especially good. I like how it shows that Ric has made his life a living hell, by using him as a scapegoat. I know what the subject 1893 is as well :P LOL !

Ryan's kidnapping and his family finding out what 'family' means is a good touch because it fits in so well with the Ric and his dad stuff!

Well done Liam xxx

Archived