Ric Versus the Bay!

Guest tasha7905

Wow Liam. Ric the hardcore gangsta strikes again! Haha, this really is good stuff Liam. Ric's reminding me more and more each chapter of the Summer Bay Stalker lol! Keep it up, there really is nothing else I can say, what you have is great.

Will Ric ever genuinely love someone? It would be quite nice whilst on his warpath for him to genuinely fall in love. :wink:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Chapter 13: Old ghosts, new victims

"Look Duncan, I know you don't like me but Granddad really wants to make things up with you, and you never know, maybe we can become mates if you just come back for a while and get to know me a little better." Ric sighed. He hadn't known it would be this hard to persuade Duncan to come back and try and make things up with Alf. Ric lay on the sofa musing things over in his head. He had a plan of action now, yet it all relied on Duncan coming home.

"So you'll come?" Rics heart leapt as Duncan finally agreed. "Trust me mate, you will not regret it." As he hung the phone up Ric smiled to himself. The hard part was over now, and all it needed was for Ric himself to pick things up a gear. "Sal, Flynn I'm meeting Matilda then going out!" Not waiting for a response he grabbed his keys and left the house. As he walked towards the Hunters, he was unaware of the mysterious figure following behind him, slowly watching to ensure that everything was going to plan. Yet by the time he had reached the hunters the figure had disappeared just as mysteriously as it had come.

Matilda was waiting outside for him. Dressed in a pink bikini it was clear that they were heading to the beach. "Alright babe, he flashed her a cheeky smile, looking gorgeous as usual I see. Thing is I forgot my surfboard. Can you see if it's possible to borrow one? I'll wait here." Whilst Matilda was looking for the surfboard Ric took the time to investigate the commotion coming from next door. Three very hot guys were moving in. What Ric didn't like was that they looked too happy! The youngest lad, a boy about Rics age particularly caught his eye. He had curly blonde hair, blue eyes and a smile that said "I'm a sex god." Ric couldn't help but admire everything about him. Before he had chance to try and catch his eye however, Matilda came out clutching the surfboard. "Let's go."

Grudgingly Ric drew his eyes away, and followed Matilda to the beach. Lying together on the sand, Ric lowered his lips to Matildas. The more kissing they did, the less talking he had to do! He knew that he cared for Matilda, but was it enough. He was basing this entire relationship on a lie. Just for a second, he felt a little guilt. Guilt for the fact that in the long run Matilda was destined to get hurt. But only for a second. As she rested her head on his chest he knew that he had a steady girlfriend for only two reasons. One as an instant alibi and two because well boys had urges. Running his fingers over Matilda's soft body now Ric couldn't help but let the passion overtake him. Matilda's soft kisses soothing his skin now Ric jumped up, not wanting to let Matilda too close but leaving her wanting more. "Time for that surf I think."

It wasn't a particularly hot day, and as Ric surfed in the cool water he could feel Matilda's eyes burning his skin. Showing off for her Ric twisted and turned in the waves the water causing his hair to spike-a look Matilda loved. After an hour or so, Ric headed back up to the beach where he could see Matilda had fallen asleep. This gave him just the time he needed to put his plan into action. Creeping into the diner flat he knocked to make sure nobody was home. Opening the door he walked inside and made a beeline for the shelves where Alf kept all the home movies. Duncan's first birthday, Martha in America, Alf and Ailsa's wedding, Ric meeting Martha. Wait there it was. Alf and Ailsa's wedding. Carefully sliding the tape into the VCR he looked through to find an appropriate bit. The scene he paused on saw Alf and Ailsa saying goodbye to each other the night before the wedding. Ailsa was telling Alf she loved him and she would see him very soon. Pulling his cell phone out of his pocket Ric recorded this and stored it on the phone. Finally as he pushed the tape back into its case he heard Alf approaching, and slipped outside the door.

Using Kim's phone now, to call Alf Ric waited until he heard the phone ring. Alf didn't answer the phone so Ric left a message. "Alf I love you, and I'll see you very soon." Inside the diner he heard a crash! "Morag, Morag." Alf went running down the stairs. As soon as he heard the apartment empty he opened the door again and rushed to answer machine to delete the message. Then he finally escaped running so as not to get caught.

When he arrived back on the beach Matilda was just waking up. "Has anyone ever told you that you look like an angel when you sleep?" She smiled up at him and licked her lips. "Has anyone ever told you that you look like a devil when you surf?" Both smiled. "I guess we'd better be heading back then." The pair locked hands and began to walk down the beach.

"Ric, RIC!" A voice behind them called. Ric turned around to see Duncan running after them, breathless and obviously tired. "I just got home and dad thinks he has had a call from mum. Morag thinks he is ill again. He needs you." Ric ticked this over in his head. "I think the best thing to do is to get my stuff and come to stay in the flat with you all. That way we can all be there to look after him. I'll be there in five." Leaving Matilda Ric ran towards the Van Park House as fast as he could, not bothering to give Sally or Flynn an explanation just throwing his things in a bag and yelling that he would call them!

By the time that he arrived at the diner, everyone except Alf was sitting around the table, looks of anxiety plastered across there faces. From the table he could hear the muffled sobs of his grandfather in his room. Morag the voice of reason stood up and began to speak. "Now everyone is finally here," she looked pointedly at Ric "we need to sort out sleeping arrangements. Now Ric and Duncan you will be sharing a room, as will Martha and I. In regards to Alfred, he will need to be supervised as much as possible. Now I suggest everyone gets some sleep, so that we can tomorrow get some tests done and see exactly what is happening with Alfred.

As chairs scraped back and everyone lf the table Ric felt almost disappointed. Things were getting easier now, and everything was working exactly as he had planned it. His access to Duncan meant that he had an instant scapegoat now, and boy was he going to use it. By the time that he was finished the family would be ripped apart forever, with no hope of ever reuniting.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the bay a phone call was taking place. "Subject 1893 is progressing well. Summer bay is in for a real surprise."

Let me know what you think. From now on things are full steam ahead. Sorry for the long delay!

Liam

Hey Liam : )

I said i'd review, these past couple of chapters are great! I love the stuff with Alf and Aisla, especially making Duncan the scape-goat! Can't wait to see who the mysterious figure is and why Ric is "subject 1893". I've also just read the stuff with Kim/Robbie/Scott which was fantastic writing and Henry seemed menacing for the first time ever!

Great work xxx

Archived