Ric Versus the Bay!

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!

This is really good.....where are the previous chapters? Are they in another thread? 'Cos this thread only starts at Ch5......I understand the story and it is really good...but I would like to know the backstory lol......any help in directing me to this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

XxX

Indeed they got deleted when the board crashed! I do however have them printed upstairs luckily. It is finding the time to type them that is the problem. Basicallythe back story is that Ric is struggling to come to terms with all that his dad put him through, and how that everytime he gets happy something happens to destroy it. (Flynn's cancer) So he ends up deciding to take control of his own destiny and making all the people who have happy lives pay. This revenge began with the Hunters. He began to play Matilda and Henry off against one another and cajoled Henry into taking drugs. He then also made him fall in love with him and began to sleep with both of the twins...

Hope this helps and as i say the chapters will eventually make thier way back! I honestly have no idea when though!

Liam

Your wish...is my command!

Chapter 17: Revenge Returns

Ric blinked, in the face of Lucas holding up the incriminating evidence. “School project - just before the holidays. Are they still there? I have been looking for them for ages. He strode over to Lucas and grabbed the scissors.

“Sure.” Lucas emphasized his reply, before muttering under his breath, “That’s what they all say.”

As the boys walked to school together both were deep in thought. Lucas was full of suspicion. It wasn’t a coincidence that he had discovered the scissors and cuttings out just after some people in the diner had received a blackmail letter. Ric meanwhile was more concerned with his plans coming together. He had targeted nearly everyone in the bay now-yet he still lacked a feeling of satisfaction. People were still far too happy.

Sitting through school that morning listening to Sally lecturing them about the roman army Ric’s mind was awash with plans. He knew that at lunchtime he had to go and check on Ryan, because he’d put it off now for as long as he could. The one time he didn’t want it too, the lunchtime bell rang all too quickly and before he knew it he was on his way back to the abandoned hut.

Pausing at the door Ric toyed with the idea of turning back. He knew however, that he had to follow things through. Being as quiet as he could he quickly opened the door, and walked inside. Ryan was lying on the bed asleep. He was snoring slightly. Creeping up to him Ric stood beside the sleeping child, and stared. He then carefully reached into his pockets and pulled out a pair of scissors. Taking a clump of Ryan’s hair in hand he was careful not to wake him, as he cut and dropped the cutting into his pocket.

He then moved over to the table and pulled his lunch out of his school bag. At least Ryan would have something nice to eat when he woke up.

“Ric what are you doing?” Ryan sat up and rubbed his eyes. “This game isn’t fun anymore. I miss my mummy and daddy.”

Ric closed his eyes before giving the reply. “You can go home soon Ryan. Things are coming together now.”

“But Ric, I want to go home now.” Tears flowed from Ryan’s eyes.

“WELL TOUGH!” Ric barked at Ryan and looked guilty as he began to cry harder. “There’s food there. I don’t know when I will be back!”

Ryan whispered now, “I don’t want to stay here anymore. Don’t make me stay here Ric.” But by the time his last sentence was finished Ric had left the hut, and begun to run through the woods.

It was now coming towards the end of lunchtime and Ric and Lucas were sitting in the Diner having a milkshake. Lucas leant over to Ric and whispered in his ear. “Can you stay over tonight? I need to talk to you later, and we can tell dad that we are working on a joint assignment.”

“I can’t think of anything i’d like more.” He beamed at Lucas. Suddenly a scream rang out from upstairs. “That’s Martha.” Ric leapt up and pounded upstairs through the kitchen.

“Ric it’s granddad. I think he is having a panic attack.” Ric looked inside the flat to see Alf on the floor shaking uncontrollably. He was clutching at his chest and rocking backwards and forwards unable to control his breathing. “Have you called an ambulance?” Martha gave no reply. “Martha, have you called an ambulance?” This time she nodded.

“Dan his hair didn’t get into an envelope by accident.” Ric heard Leah shouting as paramedics appeared at the top of the stairs.

“What have we got?” The paramedics looked at Ric.

“It’s my granddad. Please, make sure he’s alright!”

Thanks for today.” Ric looked at Lucas as they walked home from the hospital.

“No problem. The walking home along the beach more than makes up for it!” Lucas kicked some sand, and looked up. “Hey what’s that?”

Ric follow Lucas’ gaze. Up ahead on the beach Kim and Scott were lying next to each other holding hands and looking at the stars. Carefully sliding Kim’s phone back out of his pocket he surreptitiously text Robbie again trying not to get caught by Lucas. “Meet me at the beach. The stars are calling!” He then began to run trying to get away before Kim spotted him. “Didn’t your dad have some big announcement dude? We’re going to be late!”

“Where have you been guys?” Tony was looking agitated. “Jack has been here for ages!”

“Sorry Mr. Holden. It was my fault Granddad had to go to hospital, but don’t worry he’s ok now!” Ric did his best upset impression.

“Ok, well er that’s no problem then. You’re still alright to stay over tonight?” Tony looked worried.

“Yeah, that’s no problem either! But anyway you wanted to talk to the boys so I really shouldn’t hold you up anymore.” Ric ended the discussion.

“Yes I did.” Tony took a deep breath. “Me and Beth…are getting married.” He blurted the last of his sentence out, and was met with several stunned faces. Jack spoke first.

“You’ve only known each other a week.”

“Actually that’s not true.” Everyone looked bemused as Tony continued. “We were childhood sweethearts, and well, im not prepared to let Beth go again.”

“You’ve got to be joking.” Lucas and Jack began their protests! However an idea began to form in Rics mind. One way to make many people suffer at once. A wedding. “Well I think it’s a great idea.”

“Great.” Tony quickly changed the topic. “Now its time for the football, so everyone has five minutes to get ready!”

Lucas gestured for Ric to follow him into his room. Once inside Ric looked at Lucas. “Get ready?”

“Yeah, I didn’t warn you about this but erm, well….drop your kit!”

“Excuse me?” Ric protested.

“It’s tradition. Whenever the football is on we Holden’s strip to our boxers, and pig out on Pizza and popcorn whilst watching the match! Since you’re a surrogate Holden tonight, you’re expected to join in!” He began to remove his clothes.

Ric paused for a second unsure whether he should really join in before eventually deciding too and pulling his trousers down past his ankles. He followed Lucas into the front room.

“Excellent Ric, glad you could join us.” Tony welcomed Ric.

Jack hung up the phone. “Two pizzas are on their way! Let the football begin.”

Later that night as Lucas slept Ric crept into the bathroom. Splashing water onto his face he let his mind wander to all that had happened that day. How things were finally catching up with him. How he had really enjoyed the football with the three hot half naked Holden’s despite them being happy. He jumped as he felt hands wrap around his chest.

“Looks like now is the time to tell you that secret.” Lucas spoke softly in his ear.

“I guess it is.” Ric turned to face him.

“The thing is, im falling for you. Big time.” Lucas blushed.

“Go on.” Ric raised his eyebrows.

“What I’m trying (badly) to say. Is that I think I love you Ric.”

Ric paused for a second before replying. “And I love you too.” What made the moment even more magical though, was that for the first time in his life, Ric truly meant it.

This is supposed to be a fairly feel good chapter. As usual let me know if you like it!

Liam

Archived