The Book Thread

MarMar

I'm reading a book called 'Let the Right One In'. It's translated really well from the original Swedish novel and it's about a friendship between a teenage boy and a vampire. It's pretty dark in places but also sweet. It's one of the best things I've read in ages. I've very nearly finished it but I'm trying to just read a chapter or so at a time because I don't want it to end!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've read three terrific John Marsden books recently: So Much to Tell You, Take My Word For It and Letters From the Inside. He's a great writer, and it's helpful to read the first two simultaneously, because the second one explains bits in the first that might have been kind of vague.

I've read three terrific John Marsden books recently: So Much to Tell You, Take My Word For It and Letters From the Inside. He's a great writer, and it's helpful to read the first two simultaneously, because the second one explains bits in the first that might have been kind of vague.

I've read the first two!!

THey're good, hey!? My friends and I all read them (Though my friend spoiled her name at the end, :P!!) I really liked them and I loved the diary/boarding school sort of thing. A bit sad though!!! :(

I've just finished reading the Nanny DIaries, which I looovved!! It's a must read!!

ANd now I'm onto this other one my friend lent me the other day...can't remember what it's called....

I've read the first two!!

THey're good, hey!? My friends and I all read them (Though my friend spoiled her name at the end, :P!!) I really liked them and I loved the diary/boarding school sort of thing. A bit sad though!!! :(

If you liked So Much to tell You, you'll love Letters from the inside: it's made up entirely of two pen pals writing letters to each other over the course of a year. But just so you know, the ending, once you figure it out, is at least five times more heartbreaking than what happened to Lisa in Take My Word For It.

Oh cool!!!

Will remember to check it out at my school library next year as I am forbidden to borrow any more as they're doing stocktake. :( But my friends and I are making up for it by lending eachother books!!

Whenever I'm sitting around with nothing to do I usually go over books that I've already read. I've read 'Chick Soup for the Preteen Soul' about a million times, the same with all the Sisterhood books!!

Archived