The Book Thread

MarMar

I'm reading The Time Travellers Wife at the moment. It's really good. Quite confusing, but good. It looks like it might get sad though. My Aunt and another family member have read it and say they cried for ages over it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just (as in, just this second) finished The Pact by Jodi Picoult. It was the saddest book ever. It really did make me think about the fragility of life and, I dunno, even though it's just fiction it made me wonder how I'd cope if someone I loved killed themselves. Yes, I know, I think about this stuff far too much.

I've just read The Pact and I'm now reading My Sister's Keeper. I really hope that this book isn't as sad as the last one, but I've been told it is. :(

I won't spoil it for you, but that one was actually my favourite from all the ones I've read so far. I absolutely loved it. It was so beautifully written and well handled.

Jodi Picoult seems to be very popular here. I already read My Sister's Keeper and its one of my favourite as well. So today I brought Salem Falls. So ATM I will be reading that, something to keep me busy now that my exams have finished. :)

Salem Falls was the first one I ever read! That was such an amazing book (Obviously, since it got me trailing the shops for all her others).

Archived