The Book Thread

MarMar

Just finished 'This book will save your life' by AM Holmes. It was the best thing I've read in ages. :D

Yeah, i've seen that around, what's it about?

It's hard to explain, as it's not really about anything! It centres around this guy who has a mid-life crisis...not very helpful I know, but it's very very good!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Never read the Shopaholic books, but i might buy some for summer reading :). I read "The Undomestic Godess" on holiday last year and it was pretty good. My mum just finished that James Patterson book as well, she said she liked it. If you like him, you'd probably like Michael Connolly's books too - they seem to be a similar kind of thing.

^^Never read the Shopaholic books, but i might buy some for summer reading :). I read "The Undomestic Godess" on holiday last year and it was pretty good. My mum just finished that James Patterson book as well, she said she liked it. If you like him, you'd probably like Michael Connolly's books too - they seem to be a similar kind of thing.

I would totally recommend the Shopaholic series, they are all very funny in places and very easy reading, espcially for lazing about during summer holidays. I finished The Undomestic Godess the other day and enjoyed it too.

I love all the James Patterson books, you're the 2nd person this week to say Michael Connolly's books are similar to his so i'll have to check them out.

yesterday i read

-Alison by Marget Watts

-Choices - Dianne Wolfer

(I didnt go to school yesterday)

other books I've read in the past fortnight

- From e to you - Chris d'lacey and Linda Newbery

- Looking for Alibrandi - Melinda marchetta

Saving Francesca - Melinda Marchetta

and a few more

^ 'Choices' sounds good! What is it about? I've seen 'Saving Francesca' and 'Looking for Alibrandi,' in the shops, are they good?

Anyways, I am in the middle of reading 'Can't Get There From Here'- Todd Strasser. It's really good. I recommend it :)

Choices?

i borowed it from the library not knowing what it was about!.

Its about a 17 year old girl called Elizibeth who gets prengant.

- its really hard to explain.

The book is about 2 senarios 1. she gets an aborsoin and the other she keeps it.

its hard to explain :)

'Saving Francesca' and 'Looking for Alibrandi' ?

I liked them, i would read them again.

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

I'm currently reading Fatal Voyage. It's the 4th book in the series by Kathy Reichs.

It's the series that inspired the show called BONES. So if you like the show, I recommend reading the books, they're really good.

Archived