Emmerdale

msf

Well, today's episode was pretty dramatic.Although I have to admit, slightly unsatisfactory in places.My hatred for Cameron grows, as he seemingly decides to let Chas think she'll kill Carl so he can pressure her into going away with him.So it's a shame that most of the hatred from the Dingles was directed at Chas, even though I can understand it.And I really didn't like that Chas claimed it was Debbie that Cameron loved and pray that she's not daft enough to take him back once again.(As someone else said, I'd really like for Andy, Debbie and the kids to be a family but recognise it probably won't happen.)I was praying for Cain to beat Cameron up, although maybe not with a metal bar which seemed to be Plan A(still loved him taking it to the car though), and groaned when the police turned up.Only good things about Chas confessing are it puts Jimmy in the clear and mucks up Cameron's plans.And Alex manages to be almost as loathsome as Cameron with just a couple of lines.What is the point of his character?

Elsewhere, Victoria and Adam continue to be rather sweet(but what will Andy say...)and Georgia will hopefully be put in her place soon by Gennie or, even better, Nikhil.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday's episode was really exciting. The look of fear on Chas's face when she and Cameron were trying to get away was very similar to when Carl attacked her. I was actually glad Diane called the police and she really should be pressing charges for Cain damaging her car although if it wasn't for Sarah she probably would be. Hated the treatment of Chas by the Dingles but can't really blame them if I'm being honest. Ironically given his recent problems, Zak seems to be the most level headed person in all of this.

I'm going to come out and say it but I don't really care that Cameron killed Carl. My main issue is with him letting Chas take the wrap for it. If he really loves her then he would have fessed up to get her out of this mess. With regards to the actual storyline I'm than happy for it to continue like this simply because it's rubbing Debbie, Charity and Cain up the wrong way Cameron still hanging around - Three character's I really don't like (especially Debbie and Charity). I'm over the moon Cameron has decided to stand up to them and he's going nowhere (at least for the time being). Really liked the scenes with Cameron and Sarah and I hope he continues to visit her. I also really hope he continues to makes things difficult for Debbie, Charity and Cain. Although Debbie was doing everything she could to save her daughter she treated Cameron like crap, slept with someone else, messed with Andy's head and Cameron was supposed to be OK with the fact that she was having a baby with Andy. And anytime he dared to suggest any level of disapproval about what she was doing she would get into a strop, bite his head off and act like he was the one being unreasonable. It's no wonder he cheated on her. I actually hope that Debbie and Andy don't get back together because I don't think he deserves to be stuck with her. I was glad Lisa went to support Chas in court. Now that Jimmy's no longer in the frame best scenario for me is if Chas somehow gets off, is released and she and Cameron rekindle their affair right under Debbie, Charity and Cain's noses.

Am glad Megan has given Robbie another chance even though I can't stand the little pr*ck. Just as long as it means she can get some sort of payback for Declan and that cow Katie double-crossing her.

Oh and good to see Gabby being a nuisance to Laurel again although I really didn't like the way she was towards Lizzie and am not sure why she dislikes her so much.

Cameron is really proving to be a total worm, with the way he's letting Chas be locked up for something he did and then using the fact he's supporting her to get back in her good books.She's seen plenty of evidence of how selfish he is, I'd have thought she'd have more sense.Guess she must be desperate.

Kind of in two minds about Jimmy selling up to Charity.On the one hand, it'll mean Charity's won, which I'm not too happy about.On the other hand, Jimmy's not doing any good there and he's not enjoying himself so it might well be a good idea for him to get out for his own sake and wash his hands of the whole mess.Nice to see Scarlett back for the funeral.Bit confused by Thomas and Anya, who seems to have aged about ten years since we last saw them.Should they really be that old?Dan's advice to Sean on how to chat Anya up was pathetically bad.

Cain and Moira?!She'd seriously go there again?(Not that she has but they're back to giving each other looks.)While I haven't exactly minded Cain recently and did kind of enjoy their first fling, given that their affair indirectly got John killed and given how Adam's likely to react, you'd think she'd run a mile.

• 4 weeks later...

Although it had reached the point where I hated Katie I have to admit, I felt quite sorry for her when she fell down the mineshaft and even I didn't want it to end with her dying so I was glad Sam and Zak found her. I have to say Megan has really impressed me and I'm glad she's back as she was shaping up to be one of my favourite characters. Don't mind Robbie not being with her as I never really liked him although I did like the way he wound Katie and Declan up. Anyway considering how Declan shafted her, Megan's show she's a bigger and better person than him rounding up the villagers to help find Katie and helping out with the business whilst he's been at hospital since they found his wife.

Really, really not happy Bernice is back. Within five minutes of her turning up, I started to really dislike her. I see she hasn't changed a bit. Still selfish, self-centred and surprise, surprise she's cheated on her husband. I actually found myself siding with Laurel even though I would prefer if Gaby stayed with Ashley simple because she is the lesser of two evils. It's a shame because before Bernice turned up was really enjoying Gabi being a handful with Laurel.

Absolutely loved Rhona's reaction when she found out that Paddy and Marlon renewed their friendship behind her back. That scene in the Woolpack was brilliant. It actually could have been edited to look like Rhona found out Paddy had an affair with Marlon i.e.:

Paddy:"We've been seeing each other."

Rhona:"When, ugh, how long?"

Paddy:"So sorry. It just happened. A week, two, maybe three."

(Rhona burys her head in her hands then puts her hands across her chest)

Rhona:"Behind my back. You have put him before me".

Paddy:"I knew you would react like this".

Rhona:"I can't believe you would do this to me Paddy".

Anyway, Rhona and the new locum have been getting on quite well at the Veterinary practice so I wouldn't be surprised if they get closer considering that Paddy's been a complete a*se to him for no good reason other than the fact he is jealous.

Charity continues to be completely and utterly vile bullying Edna, deleting the report she wrote and effectively pushing her out of the Haulage company. I was actually hoping that Jimmy would sell up just so he could be free from her.

Not sure what to make of Cain and Moira. On one hand considering what happened with before with John I think they are just asking for trouble. On the other hand Moira does seem to be able to bring out another side in him.

• 2 weeks later...

The Katie-stuck-down-a-mineshaft storyline was nicely exciting and it was quite a relief when she was found.I probably shouldn't judge but she has unfortunately become a bit whiney since then.I hadn't missed Megan but did rather like how supportive she was of Declan and started to like her again.But now that Robbie's back and it looks like she's been playing Declan all along, I'm wishing she'd stayed away and hoping they both go again soon.

Was Bernice really like this before?I don't think so.Maybe at the start she was a bit stuck up and self-centred but she was always a loyal friend, marrying Ashley seemed to mellow her a bit despite their problems and after the initial troubles which were basically down to her having post-natal depression she was actually a good mother to Gabby.So it's quite jarring seeing her cast as this selfish, arrogant, mean-spirited airhead who's pretty much devoid of redeeming features.It's almost like she and Nicola have swapped personalities.I have quite liked seeing Ashley and Laurel put up a united front and even dared to wonder if a reconciliation might be possible.I certainly hope so because I'm still not comfortable seeing her with Marlon.

Not sure how I feel about Jai with all the drama surrounding his secret son.On one hand, I do sympathise with him going through this devastating thing which no-one else is aware of but a big part of me thinks he should man up, give Charity the flick and take responsibility.The fact Charity's pretty unbearable doesn't really help, he's seriously staying out of his son's life so he can stay married to her?I'm somewhat disappointed in Rishi, who I thought would have been supportive of him but instead is being rather...well, pragmatic is the polite word for it, cold and heartless spring to mind as well.I do feel massively sorry for Rachel, who doesn't seem to have much support.Glad Ruby's there for her at least.

Also got very mixed feelings about Chas' situation:I think my dislike for Cameron is overriding my sympathy for Chas.While I'm not entirely happy about Debbie's hardline attitude(which, as Jimmy said, basically amounts to her wanting Chas to go to jail for sleeping with her boyfriend)and I'm glad Andy stepped in and accepted the olive branch from Gennie, I'm pretty much enjoying anything that foils Cameron's attempts to have his cake and eat it:Let Chas be blamed for Carl's murder and then get her off so they can live happily ever after.With the trial imminent, I'm hoping he'll be exposed soon.

I'm very worried about the reports that Cameron will confess to someone and then kill them.Given what other characters are mentioned as being around later, I'm suspecting it will be either Dan or Jimmy and I don't want it to be.

What else is going on?Feel sorry for Edna even if she is making things hard on herself and disappointed that David changed his mind about employing her at the shop. Actually quite liking the idea of Cain and Moira together although I can see fireworks ahead.Glad that Priya seems to have grown up a bit and is thinking about Jacob but still would rather see David with Alicia.

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping that David would have somehow fallen for Alicia now she's out of prison but I guess by the looks of things it's not meant to be. Things could get awkward between them.

Whilst I don't blame her, I'm actually quite disappointed with Megan and this plan to take Declan for everything he has. I'd rather she just be the bigger person and walked away.

Every time I see a scene with Bernice, I just end up getting frustrated. Really can't stand her although I don't dislike her as much as I dislike Charity.

Absolutely delighted Chas got off. Ha, ha knew it! :D One of the best things about it and in particular the scenes which followed the jury's verdict was that Debbie was so convinced it was in the bag. She was certain Chas was going to jail. She dressed especially to launch a victory parade so her absolute annoyance and total dejection with the Cameron/Chas reunion was a treat. In spite of everything I was very pleased Chas had significant support in particular from people like Moira, Paddy, Jimmy, Lisa etc.

I was extremely annoyed Cameron fessed up to Alex about Carl. He should have just kept his mouth shut and almost ruined everything. I was even more annoyed after he attacked Alex last week. The main reason being he didn't finish the job properly still it's all good now. Cameron is a cold blooded murderer and I'm sure he'll get what's coming for him but for the time being I really want him and Chas to strengthen their relationship and make Debbie suffer. I also really want to see them rub it right in Charity and Cain's faces so as far as I'm concerned at least for now he's a necessary evil. Cameron has definitely passed the point of no return for me but the bright side with regards to the second killing is that arguably IMO he's gotten rid of one of the worst Emmerdale characters of all time. There was nothing remotely entertaining or interesting about Alex even right up to his final scene and I'm glad to see the back of him.

I mentioned in my previous post that I was worried about the identity of Cameron's second victim, given that pretty much all the people on Chas' side were people I liked.So when, in the week leading up to it, he suddenly started spending all his time talking to Alex, I basically breathed a sigh of relief.Maybe the writers are deliberately making sure Cameron doesn't kill anyone that'll actually be missed? That said, I did rather like the way Alex was with Edna in the last few weeks and don't really think he deserves to be remembered for stealing from her:I'm possibly more annoyed with the way Cameron made Edna collateral damage than with him killing Alex.Chas getting off...Fair enough, she was innocent, but I'm really not happy that that basically means Cameron's won(even though I suspect it's only in the short term).I loved it when Chas told him where to go and I'm annoyed that she changed her mind and has shacked up with a guy that couldn't be a more obvious psycho if he tattooed "Crazy" on his forehead.I'd have preferred it if she'd been released because the truth came out but it seems like it's going to be strung out.I've never liked Cameron and was always bewildered as to why we were meant to sympathise with him so it feels like he's finally showing his true colours.Shame Debbie didn't hit him with that car.

Not sure where things are going to go with David and Alicia.It certainly looks like nothing's going to happen for now but, even though she's less flighty than she used to be, I can't see him and Priya lasting very long.(Not even sure it'll last as long as them coming home.)Shame Jacob had to be hurt in the crossfire and get his dreams of having a family shattered.

I actually rather like Katie and Declan but it's beginning to look as though her constant medical problems might put an end to them.Surprisingly, it's beginning to feel like he loves her more than the other way round.Hoping they'll stay together and note that there's only a reduced chance of her getting pregnant rather than a certainty, meaning she'll probably be giving birth this time next year. Feels very strange seeing Nurse Daisha from Holby City playing a surgeon.Was there a stirring of conscience in Megan when she sent Robbie away from the hospital?

And who'd have thought a few years ago that Eric would have turned into such a likeable character?The scene of him and Amy wondering about what Kyle's doing was incredibly touching.Kind of feel sorry for Kerry, who it seems at times can't put a foot right.She's never going to win Mother of the Year and is probably less mature than her teenage daughter but I think she means well deep down.

• 1 month later...

I have been watching Emmerdale for years and personally I find the show is in a mess at the moment and thanks to Stuart Blackburn. Now he has just left lets hope things will improve under Kate Oates as Stuart has tried to turn the show into a Northern EastEnders with endless doom and gloom and urbane characters like the hideous Spencers and Robbie. There is too much emphasis on the characters that are under 40 years of age and great ones like Alan Turner, Betty and Edna seem to be in the background. There is too much emphasis on certain characters such as Chas, Debbie, Cameron, Priya, Cain, Rachel and Jai. It does feel like Debbiedale now or Chasdale. Emmerdale has had some great characters in the past like the Sugden brothers, Annie, Amos and Henry and Seth. Besides Turner, Pollard and Betty I dont see any of the other current characters as legendary as they were.

You know what has really annoyed me?

Is it me or have they ditched the Edna storyline (which was bloody realistic) for Debbie Dingle stupidity? Edna having no money but having too much pride to ask for help is what many people are going through at the moment. Was it just too realistic or do the writers serious believe the viewers want to see Debbiedale.

I hadn't actually noticed Edna's storyline had disappeared which shows how much attention I was paying.I'm assuming it's going to be a slow burn storyline;rather than repetitive scenes of Edna struggling and no-one noticing, it's going to be going on off screen for months.It might be realistic and highlight a real social issue but it does seem to be a case of a character getting themselves into a deeper and deeper hole rather than just accepting they need help.To be honest, I don't think the show can be blamed for the way older characters like Alan and Betty have been reduced to glorified extras.You see this a lot on UK soaps:They keep the established veteran castmembers on the show literally to the day they die, way past the age they'd have retired in any other job, because both the viewers and the production team like them, even though they're not fit enough to do anything except sit in the pub and say a couple of lines once a month.

That said, I've got very bored very quickly of Debbie.I read a letter in a soap mag where someone expressed their relief she's not moping around but frankly that would be more entertaining than her turning into a wannabe gangster.Are we really meant to believe a character who's been set up as a dangerous drug baron would be scared off by her "Leave me alone or I'll set my dad on you" speech, rather than, say, torching her office?Also wondering why they bothered with Cain and Moira if it's over already.And as for Cameron...

Can't say I'm sympathising very much with Katie either.Yeah, fell down a hole, on crutches, might never have kids...Doesn't give her the right to be an unremitting cow towards Declan(who, I admit, hasn't been perfect but at least he's trying)or to wreck Molly's christening and the fact Andy's coming across as an enabler doesn't leave me particularly well disposed towards him.Pretty disgusted by Georgia's behaviour around the christening after she'd not been too bad recently and, surprisingly, disappointed in Rishi too.At least Nikhil managed to rescue things by being a sweetie and holding that private service.

I thought Sam and Rachel might get together when she first came in but the moment has well and truly passed and the situation's messy enough as it is without him being thrown into it so I'm not really sure why the idea's been resurrected.