Emmerdale

msf

I did wonder if Cameron might have been the one that bashed Cain(but then I suspect him for most things)but the way it worked out it doesn't seem possible.Shame.Debbie seems to be giving Holly a lot of competition in the annoying stakes, with her refusal to acknowledge that Cain's got a lot of reasons to be lying and insistence Jai and Charity must be behind it all.Actually, Hannah's not too far behind:She was acting like she was twelve rather than seventeen or so when she was refusing to celebrate Christmas because of her parents splitting up.Hope we get a bit more of Nikhil and Gennie, I rather like their relationship but it seems to have been somewhat overshadowed.

Focus seems to have shifted back to the Ashley/Laurel/Marlon triangle.I was pretty disgusted with Marlon trying to get to the church to break up someone's family.I'm mostly on Ashley's side, although I veer between thinking that Laurel wants this to work and thinking that she doesn't love him anymore and they're just kidding themselves on a scene by scene basis.Either way, whilst Sandy's hardly the most diplomatic of fellas, I wasn't keen on Ashley grabbing hold of him the way he did, it seems like he's on the verge of cracking up.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really liked Sandy this week. I loved his no nonsense attitude and brutal honest regarding Ashley and Laurel. The whole thing seemed like a farce and even on Christmas day Laurel was still pinning after Marlon. One thing I don't like is how Sandy is always made out to be in the wrong despite being the one who has very often been right regarding this whole thing. I don't think it helps that he sounds permanentely drunk.

Didn't have one bit of sympathy for Cain when he was attacked and I still don't inspite of being told how long his rehabilitation could take. I think he's brought it on himself and let's not forget he poisioned Jai's mum's cat.

Most of the Dingles were annoying me with their attitude towards Cain. There was Lisa and the way she was funny with Jai whilst she was at work. She like most people found Cain pretty reprehensible but when the police arested Jai and Cain accused him, she immediately thought he was guilty despite him telling her he wasn't. I agree that if Cain can fix someone's brakes, break up someone's family, sleep with Jai's sister as part of some mind game tactic, theaten a teenager he impregnated and try to force her to get rid of the baby surely it would be posible for him to lie. It would appear at the moment that Lisa thinks very little of Jai despite how well he supported her and took her side against Derek when she was raped. Chas annoyed me with her attitude towards Moira forcing her to work Christmas day just because she was mouthing of about Cain. Let's face it Moira was only saying what everybody else was thinking and even Chas was disgusted with her brother when his indesretions were exposed. The only person who I was satisfied with was Zack. Although he went visit Cain when his life was in the balance since he recovered Zack's avoided going to the hospital and he's taken Amy's side over his.

Really can't stand Debbie. There is just nothing likeable about her whatsoever at the moment and I find I actually dislike her more than I dislike Cain. I don't mind her going to see how Cain is but the way she went to confide in him about Cameron it's almost like she's forgotten how he treated Amy. Then there was her attitude towards Alicia. Don't get me wrong Alicia wasn't helping herself with her sly remarks about Debbie's cooking but she did have a point about Debbie. It's almost as if everyone has to pander to her every need and instead of Sarah's illness being about Sarah it's now all about Debbie. And then Alicia told her what she didn't want to her she tipped a plate of food over her head. Very immature and I'm sick to my back teeth of her.

TBH I really didn't like the Christmas day episode. It was just too negative and I struggled to find a single person who was actually happy. One of the things that stood out was Hazel going to Jackson's grave and presumably Aaron had left the can of lager with a note. I liked the fact that Hazel bought Aaron a present too. He obviously still means a lot to her. Thing I liked the most was the way Aaron had practically been ignoring Chas all day, she was visibly upset but near the end when she went to the Christmas tree and found a present from Aaron her face lit up.

Baring Zak, Belle and Sam, the Dingles are pretty much unbearable at the moment. I can't abide them. They club together like a pack of wolves. Chas is doing my head in the way apparently Cain can do no wrong since someone gave him what he deserved, really dislike Debbie and I've made my feelings about Cain quite clear. I find them so repugnant right now that I've actually done a U-turn regarding Charity and Jai. I actually hope they stay together now so that Cain and the undesirable Dingles don't win. Although I understood why Charity did it, I was disappointed that she went round to Cain and offered herself to him on a plate so he would change his statement about Jai. And I was fully on her side when she was arguing with the other Dingles. I don't care if Jai had Cain's car tampered with. Two wrongs don't make a right but Cain did the same thing to his dad not to mention all the other acts he carried out in order to bully and intimidate people. Again I could understand why Nikhil reported Charity to the police but I think it was a bad move. I don't think any good could possibly come from doing it and now Jai's chosen Charity over him.

I was hoping that the Kings were serious about the deal with Cameron to work down south and he would leave Debbie. I would have really liked that and he deserves better. It interesting that Carl and Jimmy weren't featured at all in this storyline with Cain given their history with him.

Although I don't have anything against Andy I'm glad he and Alicia have broken up as I would like to see her get together with David. So I'm actually glad she's living with him again.

Part of me was hoping that Amy would keep the baby just so it would tick Cain off. Also it would have been an interesting storyline to see how she coped.

Not sure where Laurel and Ashley go from here. Laurel clearly has feelings for Marlon and I can't see them diminishing any time soon and Ashley wants to carry on with Laurel as if Marlon didn't happen so it appears as though they are on different wavelengths although they have been for a while now.

I think it may of been Belle that battered Cain. The first hit was on the legs which would explain why it wasn't the head first due to her height. After he was on the floor she was then able to attack the head area. Just a thought but I did think it was strange how the attacker went straight for the legs and not the head first.

Edited by Izzy H

I've been pretty annoyed with the Dingles lately as well, most of whom seem to have adopted the "Cain got hit over the head so he's an angel now" mentality and turned on Charity en masse without any real reason to do so, certainly not initially.Between this and her baby making quest, Debbie's being quite unbearable lately and we've got the most jerkassy version of Aaron in...well, at least a couple of months.It's a shame that Andy and Alicia have broken up while Cameron's prepared to just take whatever Debbie throws at him.

I think Amy made the right choice for herself and the baby and I wasn't keen on the way Val was pressuring her.Eric's committed support of her was quite heartwarming, even if it does seem to have left him in the dog house.

I'm slightly bemused by the whole Belle and Sean thing:Just how old is the boy?He didn't seem to be anything like Belle's age group and suddenly they're going out.

So, tonight's reveal.When Zak turned up at Cain's house at the end of the first episode, I thought "Woah, hang on...", although it wasn't until the beginning of the second episode that we got confirmation.Didn't see that coming at all, kudos to anyone that did, although I'd kind of liked it if Zak's anti-Cain attitude had simply been face value.Shame we then get half an hour of them telling each other how much the other sucks and reminiscing about characters they never met and it does seem like the whole thing's going to be a bit pointless.I don't want Zak to go down for this, even though legally he probably should, and I certainly don't want Jai to.Wouldn't mind if Cain had a sudden relapse, though...

• 5 weeks later...

I did think Zak was one of the people who could have been involved but wasn't sure. As I mentioned previously Cain did seem genuinely shocked at whoever did it so I wasn't too surprised.

I quite liked the relationship between Hazel and Aaron and was a bit disappointed she left and the circumstances of her departure but I think it was the best thing all round. I agreed with Chas in once sense that Hazel had effectively started to see Aaron as a substitute for Jackson and her being around wasn't doing either of them any good and they both needed to move on with their lives.

Don't like Chas one bit at the moment. Didn't like her attitude towards Hazel regarding this Aaron stuff. She seemed jealous even though as I mentioned above they weren't healthy for each other. Really not liking her smugness re the flirting with John Barton and the way she does it right in front of Moira. I don't have any sympathy regarding Moira (Did anyone see her in the film with Jean Claude Van Damme earlier on in the week?) cheating on John but still don't think two wrongs make a right. I don't think John should be getting with Chas in all honesty as it feels like it would be some sort of revenge as opposed to any genuine feeling. Ironic after being vehemently anti-Moira, Holly is now fighting her corner and doing everything she can to reconcile them as the alternative (John and Chas) doesn't even bare thinking about from her perspective.

Cain seems to have calmed down since he got bashed. Didn't want Jai and Charity to get married at first but at least it means Cain didn't win that particular battle.

Although I really, really want Sarah to get better I'm not taking any displeasure from seeing Debbie's relationship with Cameron being affected regarding Andy. She has to keep making excuses for an over infatuated ex. Cameron can see it and has warned Andy off in no uncertain terms. I have to admit I find it quite funny when Cameron gets annoyed especially when he tries to suppress his anger. I personally can't wait when he finds out Debbie actually slept with Andy (I'm assuming it's inevitable this will come out).

Quite impressed with Eric at the moment. Really like the way he is with Amy. Shame the same can't be said for Val. And all this because Amy didn't want to keep Kyle.

Started off being disgusted with Carl but rather than tell the police the truth Rodney decided to extort money out of him so I think he's coming across quite badly too. Although I still think what Carl did was worse. Be interesting to see how Nicola plays them (Carl and Jimmy) if she lets them think she's going to report everything to the police.

I've just been watching thursdays Emmerdale and seriously how desperate can Chas get?!

Also everyone giving Moira all this sympathy and bad mouthing John - they'd still be together if Moira hadn't slept with Cain so its all her fault not his.

Edited by Laura

I came on a similar journey to Slade with Jai and Charity:I started off not wanting Charity to get her own way, then ended up not wanting Cain to get his own way.It does seem like Charity's made her peace with Nikhil so hopefully things will be all right.

Don't really have much sympathy for Debbie.She's seriously messed with Andy's head, convincing him they could have something special so he'd sleep with her.I actually would like it if Andy and Debbie got back together, mainly for nostalgia reasons, even though their relationship does seem to have been retconned out of existence.(If they didn't have to explain Sarah, the current writers would probably pretend they never slept together.)It feels like there's a connection between them that's just never been there with Cameron and I don't know why you've got the likes of Diane acting like he's somehow Debbie's ideal man.

I actually sympathised a lot with Chas during the thing with John;she obviously liked him and I think he should just have gone for it.She deserves him more than Moira and I really wanted her to hit Moira back when she punched her.Holly and Hannah seem to have turned their annoying factor up to eleven with their whole pro-Moira, anti-John and Chas attitude.Moira wrecked this marriage herself so I don't know why she's being treated like a victim.

Shame Marlon doesn't seem to be interested in Rachel, it'd stop him pining over Laurel.I guess I'm glad she and Ashley are back on an even keel.Shame he almost felt like he was being written as the bad guy but I guess he did need to decide whether or not to forgive Laurel and stick to it.

Val's gone from irritating to hateful over the past few weeks and while I haven't been too keen on Diane lately I'm glad she blew the whistle on her.Eric and Amy deserve better and I wouldn't mind if she doesn't come back.