Emmerdale

msf

I agree about the storyline with Amy, I wasn't happy with the way she seemed to get away with everything and not show any remorse(keeping the money, continuing to lie to Victoria and Hannah).I really didn't like how sanctimonious Diane was about it all either.

I don't think Cain had an agenda with Holly, whatever his faults he probably would stop to help a couple of girls who'd broken down without there being anything in it for him.I did actually wonder if something was going to happen between him and Moira given the sudden emphasis on them interacting, if people suddenly start randomly arguing it usually means they're going to sleep together...

Well, glad Jimmy's told Kelly where to go and she's finally got the message.Loved that he was willing to turn things back on her and support Nicola but it's a shame that it seems like he's going to lose Elliot because of it.Maybe Nicola might thaw a bit now, though?

And Victoria finally seems to be working out how much of a player Alex is.Not sure if he's meant to have genuinely liked her or not, probably not, it seemed more like hurt pride when she left him alone.

And Debbie being pregnant?Hmm...well, I think she'd be a good mum(again)but I can't shake the feeling that Cameron's going to end up hurting her, I've never been entirely sure about him.And Rhona going all giddy over the new locum?Did she suddenly decide her life wasn't complicated enough?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Monday’s episode was really entertaining (another good Monday). Something’s bound to give when you have a group of people together whether they are drinking or celebrating in soapland. I couldn’t stop smiling at Ella’s antics. I have to say that I think she and Adam are totally in the wrong but as I don’t like Moira I was glad the way Ella was winding her up. Although when Moira warned Ella off it was understandable, it annoyed me the way she said “Don’t mess with me”. I also found it funny the way Declan clearly embarrassed, picked up Ella's jacket and ushered her to leave. I also liked the way John, Holly and Hannah were joking about her.

As expected anywhere there’s Charity and Cain there’s obviously going to be constant snipping and snide remarks. So it was no surprise they couldn’t stop for the sake of their granddaughter’s birthday. That didn’t really bother me. What really annoyed me is the stuff with Alicia and Debbie. What is Debbie’s problem exactly? They are both arguing with each other but for some reason Debbie just doesn’t like Alicia and it has nothing to do with her having Sarah’s ears pierced.

I thought tonight’s episode was really good and I found it extremely hard to watch the scenes with Aaron, Hazel and Jackson. I mentioned on several occasions that I don’t like Hazel but I felt really sorry for her tonight especially when she couldn’t go through with the euthanasia, she was cuddling up to Jackson shortly afterwards and when she told Chas and Paddy to look after Aaron and that he was a good lad. I’ve found Aaron quite unlikeable as of late and shook my head at his attitude towards Adam yesterday but the character is being portrayed realistically. I’m guessing a lot of people in his position would act the same. I think tonight proved how much he loves Jackson. He was the person who was dead against the idea of Jackson’s suicide but when Hazel couldn’t do it he did it because he loved Jackson. I think one of the saddest scenes was yesterday when Jackson told Hazel it was time and her reaction when the realisation sunk in. Hats off to all three for the standard of acting which is the best I’ve seen in Emmerdale for quite a while. Not sure whether Jackson’s dead but I’m really looking forward to the aftermath either way.

Tonight's episode...

Well,

That was superbly done in my opinion. Beautfully acted by Danny, Marc, and I was in tears at Pauline Quirke. My heart was breaking for them all - it takes a brave person to do what Aaron just done, giving Jackson the one thing he wants most. :(

The bits where it was just silence were amazing. There was nothing needed to be said. It was just acted.

Breathtakingly powerful.

I wonder what drug Hazel and Aaron used to poison Jackson and how long it took. I’m quite pleased with the aftermath of his death. Surprisingly Cain has actually been OK over the last couple of days. Presumably Aaron sought him out because he thought Cain would be the one person who wouldn’t judge him given his track record. I know Aaron’s had a difficult time but his attitude towards Paddy and Chas stinks. I hate the way he treats him mum. I hate it. It also really annoyed me the way he kept pushing Paddy away (literally as well as figuratively). I’m glad Chas gave Betty and Val a serve as what was going on was none of their business. As Hazel didn’t actually kill Jackson can they do her for murder or simply conspiracy to commit murder? I actually think with a good defence if both plead guilty she and Aaron could possibly have the charges reduced to maybe manslaughter or something. I’m really not happy about Chas and Carl kissing and am hoping it simply ends at that. I think both of them are crazy to even think about getting back together after everything that’s happened. I do think it’s more Carl’s fault than Chas’s though as he’s blatantly taking advantage of the situation and she’s in a bad place after being rejected by Aaron. I have to admit I found it really funny when Jackson’s dad went into a self-righteous rant about Hazel and Aaron killing Jackson. It reminded me of when he played Ollie Simpson from Brookside and acted the same way.

Again I was quite surprised with Ella. She came across extremely sympathetic towards Adam who was clearly suffering from his best mate’s plight.

I couldn’t stop smiling when David asked Jacob to keep it a secret that he was going to propose to Leyla and Alicia’s not so over the moon reaction before lying to Leyla to get them together. I thought it was really sweet when she broke tradition got on one knee the proposed to him. Amy’s slight reaction of displeasure just before was good too.

I think the aftermath of the death has been handled well too.I loved all the stuff with Adam and Aaron, it's clear he cares about his friend.And even Cain was all right.I actually didn't mind Jerry's rant, it was probably appropriate.Paddy made some good points too but went on a bit long and took it too far.Bob's reaction was interesting:I don't think he's expressed any approval or disapproval of what they've done, he's just being a supportive friend.Oh-and Chas and Carl, bad move.Just when she and Paddy were getting on well...

Adam telling Ella where to go in the immediate aftermath had me cheering, although she did eventually acknowledge that not everything's about her.Hope it doesn't make Adam go back there, although Moira's attitude didn't help.

And yes, nice to see David and Leyla happy in the middle of it all.Not sure why either of them's giving Amy the time of day though.

I wonder what drug Hazel and Aaron used to poison Jackson and how long it took. I’m quite pleased with the aftermath of his death. Surprisingly Cain has actually been OK over the last couple of days. Presumably Aaron sought him out because he thought Cain would be the one person who wouldn’t judge him given his track record. I know Aaron’s had a difficult time but his attitude towards Paddy and Chas stinks. I hate the way he treats him mum. I hate it. It also really annoyed me the way he kept pushing Paddy away (literally as well as figuratively). I’m glad Chas gave Betty and Val a serve as what was going on was none of their business. As Hazel didn’t actually kill Jackson can they do her for murder or simply conspiracy to commit murder? I actually think with a good defence if both plead guilty she and Aaron could possibly have the charges reduced to maybe manslaughter or something. I’m really not happy about Chas and Carl kissing and am hoping it simply ends at that. I think both of them are crazy to even think about getting back together after everything that’s happened. I do think it’s more Carl’s fault than Chas’s though as he’s blatantly taking advantage of the situation and she’s in a bad place after being rejected by Aaron. I have to admit I found it really funny when Jackson’s dad went into a self-righteous rant about Hazel and Aaron killing Jackson. It reminded me of when he played Ollie Simpson from Brookside and acted the same way.

Again I was quite surprised with Ella. She came across extremely sympathetic towards Adam who was clearly suffering from his best mate’s plight.

I couldn’t stop smiling when David asked Jacob to keep it a secret that he was going to propose to Leyla and Alicia’s not so over the moon reaction before lying to Leyla to get them together. I thought it was really sweet when she broke tradition got on one knee the proposed to him. Amy’s slight reaction of displeasure just before was good too.

I agree with you about Jackson dad, what a two faced git, he turned his back on Jackson because he was gay, and only came back into his life when he had they accident, then started acting like dad of the year, and he's got the balls to call Hazle a bad mother.

I agree with you about Jackson dad, what a two faced git, he turned his back on Jackson because he was gay, and only came back into his life when he had they accident, then started acting like dad of the year, and he's got the balls to call Hazle a bad mother.

I do agree with most of that. It does seem hypocritical of Jackson’s dad to have a go at Hazel as he only really tried to involve himself in his life recently but in his defence because I felt he had made a real effort but as Jackson is now dead he will never have a chance to rebuild their relationship so in spite of everything his reaction is understandable. Again with Aaron, Jerry came across as harsh but I could still understand where he was coming from given that he doesn’t know the full story. I was in two minds about Hazel. I do feel sorry for her the way everyone seems to be blaming her (Chas, Lizzie, Jerry, Paddy etc) but I thought she was out of line with Edna who is one of the few people who isn’t passing judgment on her. It’s hard to know whether to blame her. I think it is fundamentally wrong to kill someone except in exceptional circumstances but unless you actually in her situation you wouldn’t know what to do. I’m also in two minds about Aaron. I actually don’t blame him for what happened to Jackson as he was dead against it at first but the way he’s acting makes it incredibly frustrating regarding Paddy and Chas. Even in yesterday’s episode Chas still stuck up for him and Paddy expressed his annoyance with Hazel for ruining his life. However putting my objectivity cap on given what Aaron’s been through, his age and the circumstances you can’t really expect him to be likeable at the moment and to repeat what I mentioned previously I think the character’s being portrayed realistically. The main obstacle I can see with both of them regarding any court case is Jackson’s state of health. If he was terminally I’ll it would be a completely different story. But despite the accident I’m willing to bet notwithstanding the paralysis his general health would have been good. One thing I would like to see is a reaction from Jackson’s mate (who was in the same position and had learned to live with the disability) who had been supporting him and also his mate’s wife (Don’t know their names).

So Chas and Carl did sleep together. I was initially in two minds whether Carl’s motivation was some twisted form or revenge for Chas stealing his money but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Either way I still think what they are doing given the circumstances and situation is absolute craziness although at least Chas seems to recognise that it was possibly a mistake but I don’t think Carl’s going to give up very easily. Presumably Chas and Nikhil are no longer an item now – assuming they were an item in the first place. I agree about Chas and Paddy Red Ranger. I actually quite liked the scenes between them and thought they were getting closer. I do actually quite like the setup with Paddy, Rhona and Aaron but am worried how the baby will complicate things given that Marlon actively wants to be part of the baby’s life. So I don’t want anything to happen with Paddy and Chas just yet but if Rhona and Marlon bond over the baby then I would still like the writers to keep open the possibility of a Chas and Paddy reunion although she clearly still has an affinity for Carl.

Cain’s back to his usual self. I didn’t like the way he threatened Jerry although he was only trying to look out for Aaron. What really bothered me though was the way he was with Carl. I actually don’t think Carl’s scared of him and would continue to pursue Chas if it meant Cain being wound up but we saw with Jai that Cain will simply look for an easier target and probably take his frustrations out on an innocent bystander i.e. Jimmy like he did with Nikhil.

It kind of felt, judging by the comments made in write ups, that we were meant to dislike Ashley on Monday for refusing to condone what Hazel and Aaron did.Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with his behaviour:He was within his rights to stop them using the church and graveyard in the circumstances but all he did was express a personal opinion.

Adam's an idiot for going back there with Ella.I'd have thought the "sexy older woman" appeal would have kind of been negated by now by the fact that she's clearly certifiable and only someone with a death wish would go near her even if he wasn't dating her daughter and working for her ex-husband-now-boyfriend.

Had to smile at Cain's scam saving Charity from jail and leaving Carl quids in.Even though he made a profit from it, he still kind of came out of it the loser.Feel sorry for Jai losing money as a result, although I can't help remembering when he and Cain pulled a similar trick after Nikhil got involved in one of Charity and Debbie's scams.Looks like he's beginning to find Charity a bit too high maintenance.

Glad that Victoria found out about Amy's lies and had a go at her as a result.It still feels like she doesn't think she did anything wrong.

i watching emmerdale regulary since 2004 when Tom Lister aka Carl King arrived. The Whole Carl killed Paul storyline was brilliant acting,writting and hilarious

Carl,Eve,Mia and Debby are the only reason to watch the show. the best characters left the show over the years. i have seen on an torren site all episodes from 1972 - 1973 and from 1978 - 1979 and 1995 - 2000, im actualy watch 2001 - 2003 and the characters are brilliant

it's the best soap with Home and Away and the german soap: Forbidden Love (Verbotene Liebe)

i would wish someone from the UK-Soap will arrive someday in Summer Bay xD

I felt sorry for Mia. She was struggling enough with her parents and I think she felt Adam was the only good thing she had in her life. I want to blame Ella but the fact remains is that it takes two and Adam was more than a willing participant. I think Ella realised the effect the breakup had on her daughter when she was consoling her. Incidentally I don’t think Ella wanted Adam to break up with Mia because she was looking out for her. I felt it was punishment/revenge for being rejected and jealousy. I wonder if this storyline’s going to be put to bed for the time being.

I should feel sorry for Debbie losing the baby but I don’t one bit. It maybe has something to do with the fact that I don’t like her. It may seem bad now but I really can’t see Debbie and Cameron going the distance and a newborn would have simply complicated things. I’m normally critical of Cain but I did like the way he was with her after he found out.

I can’t really blame Rhona for leaving like that. Paddy has been totally neglecting her and the baby. I can’t help but feel this situation is similar to the one Sid is facing in Home and Away. They both feel they are stuck in a relationship with offspring who aren’t theirs, their interests lie elsewhere and they are unsure if the relationship with their partners is the right thing for them. I like Marlon’s role in all of this, helping out while he can whilst trying to not get too involved in Rhona and Paddy’s relationship. I have to say I’m not sure why and I don’t like the fact that Laurel seems to have involved herself in this almost advising Marlon not to help out as much with his own kid out of fear of being sidelined if Rhona and Paddy do sort things out.

I had mixed feelings about Ashley. Whilst I felt he had every right to refuse Jackson’s funeral based on the grounds that he couldn’t condone the killing I felt getting another priest to do it was kind of a contradiction. Does this mean the priest hosting the funeral was condoning the action? Although hypothetical, does it mean if another priest refused to do someone’s funeral on moral grounds and asked Ashley to do it would he?

One thing I don’t like is how everyone seems to have turned on him. I was actually quite surprised with Chas’s attitude considering that she thinks Hazel manipulated Aaron into doing it and was dead against it. I actually thought Chas was remarkably restrained with Hazel when she found out Hazel would walk whilst Aaron was facing charges. When Hazel was trying to explain herself to Chas I was thinking to myself “Walk away now woman. She’s going to lamp you like she did Carl”.

I thought the funeral was amazing and very realistic. It was everything I could have hoped for and more. I found Jackson’s farewell video extremely difficult to watch and I was pleased with the effect it has on some of the people at the funeral such as Laurel, Cain and even Chas. Hopefully Chas won’t blame Hazel as much and whilst she may not agree with what went down realise that Aaron participated in the killing out of his own free will. Something that really bothered me about Jackson’s death was that we didn’t get to see the reaction from his carer and I’m glad he knows now that they didn’t sack him because they weren’t pleased with his work or unhappy with him but it’s because it was what they felt they had to do. I was also pleased he didn’t judge Hazel for wanting to end Jackson’s life. In spite of that once again I don’t blame Jerry as to reiterate what I mentioned before although he’s hardly been there for Jackson his reaction is completely understandable. Also Jackson’s mate and his wife’s reactions were totally expected and I don’t blame them either. Again I’m glad they were involved in the funeral as we didn’t see their reactions to Jackson’s death. I didn’t have too much of a problem with her telling Hazel what she thought of the mercy killing given how hard it’s been for her to look after her husband.

OK so Aaron’s been released on bail. Whilst I don’t think he should get off scot free I don’t think he should be charged for murder, maybe manslaughter. I have to say I do like the way he’s stuck by Hazel and defended her to his own mother.