Emmerdale

msf

I know Carl hasn't been "the nice one" in the King family for several years, since they all swapped personalities and he ended up with Matthew's, but I'm not sure quite why he deserved the almost universal hatred that seemed to suggest we should be glad Cameron and the Dingles were wrecking his business.Especially since, if they'd succeeded, it would have also affected Jimmy, who's ended up with Carl's old personality, which no-one seemed to even think about.Is it still because of Chas or just because he's a less than genial employer at times?I was 100% on his side and, while I guess it's a good thing they've called a truce, I was kind of hoping he'd get some more payback.

While I'm not a huge fan of Amy, I like her more than Cain so I'm kind of on her side by default.I do rather like the little relationship building between her and Belle and it'll be interesting to see if they build on it now Belle's basically the only other person who knows the full story.I wasn't too happy about Amy letting Belle think David was the father though, especially when she was giving him a hard time and Hannah's now lost her job over it, which her family doesn't need.I'm used to Cain being able to do what he wants but I hope they're not going to have him suddenly have a change of heart and be presented as the good guy.The main reason I want Jai and Charity to stay together is because I don't want Cain to win.

I was fully expecting Alicia to end up with David and wouldn't have minded if she did but I was rather disappointed she and Andy broke up so I'm quite glad they're back together.I think they're good for each other:On their own, they're quite volatile characters but they seem to calm each other down a bit.

Not sure about Laurel and Marlon, sometimes I think it might turn into an affair, sometimes I think they're going for "They like each other but they know nothing can happen."I seem to remember back in the day, Laurel was a rather silly young woman with a crush on Ashley which I always felt should remain unrequited, but they put them together and it worked and she's matured since then so it'd be very ironic if she ends up cheating on him.More than she already has done.

Nikhil was out of line wrecking Gennie's job prospects but at least he's been honest with her now so hopefully that'll improve his behaviour.Although he can be a bit of a twerp, Gennie would probably be better off with him than Nicky, who doesn't seem that into her.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was pretty obvious that Cain was going to sleep with Moira but the way it happened I don't find very believable. I don't think there's any likeability about Cain whatsoever and I don't thing he's done a single thing to endear himself so I guess the only think I can assume is that Moira's attraction to him is purely physical. So for the most part she acts like a cow to John and then cheats on him. I presuming this is going to develop into a full blown affair. Perhaps Moira and Laurel can compare notes?

I didn't like what Declan did to Andy previously but do admit that when he gave Hannah £100 for a days work just to bait John I did find that funny. John is a very proud person as indicated by the way he paid Declan back and gave Cain half of the money for the 4X4 Moira purchased.

I'm sick to my back teeth of this whole Nikhil/Gennie thing. I'm at the point where I'm hoping Gennie does get the job in London and doesn't come back. Gennie obviously likes him but feels he is not right for her. Nikhil really annoyed me when he gave her a bad references regardless of his reasons and I think he really should just forget about her and move on. Katy's attitude towards Nikhil continues to annoy me.

Although Debbie is understandably had her world turned upside down with Sarah's illness I thought she was harsh with Alicia but it's obvious when she told her to stay away from Sarah it wasn't just because she didn't want Alicia near her but also because Debbie's never liked Alicia.

Can't really say I'm too keen on this new family. I don't particularly like Ali and find Sean extremely annoying (Interestingly, Aaron was able to handle him almost like he could see himself in Sean and could identify with him). I don't mind Rachel however, think Amelia's cute and quite like Ali's partner Ruby. Ruby's voice sounds a little odd. Hard to place the accent although that could be acting as I recall the actress sounding completely different when she was in Bad Girls.

I think a lot of us realised a long time ago Moira would end up having an affair with Cain.I agree that it has just happened and it doesn't make Moira particularly likeable, except maybe for the fact that she's obviously disgusted with herself.I can see she's frustrated with John but he hasn't really done anything wrong and he's only working as hard as he is to support their family.

Not sure about the new family.I think I actually like Ali better than Ruby, there's a nice sibling relationship between Ali and Rachel but Ruby seems like she's spoiling for a fight a lot of the time. Sean is irritating but if they tone him down very quickly, the idea of sometimes-reformed headcase Aaron taking a younger headcase under his wing does have potential.I do wonder how he'll react if he finds out Aaron's gay, given his obvious disdain for his mother's relationship, though.

I can understand Debbie having another baby with Andy because of the potential match for Sarah but pretending to be a couple so they stand a better chance of getting permission seems like a step too far.I was annoyed with Cameron's initial reaction although that may be mostly because I don't like Cameron.Alicia's response, being annoyed but understanding why they're doing it, gained my respect a lot more.

I am simultaneously sympathetic and annoyed towards Nikhil.Now we've met his parents and seen that they pretty much treat him as a joke, it is no wonder he's so uptight and insecure.(Katie's attitude towards him annoys me too, but then Katie oftens annoys me, although I think she's right to confront Declan about his behaviour towards Mia.)Priya's return, complete with head transplant, seems a bit pointless although the new actress has captured the character well.Whilst I don't entirely trust Nicky, Nikhil's obsessiveness is only going to get him into trouble.I rather like the double act between Nikhil and David;although David was a bit too glib at times, he also made some valid points.

Although I thoroughly dislike Cain, I found his tormenting of Moira quite amusing. I really enjoyed the scene were Diane was at the Cafe saw Cain and Moira interacting, put two and two together and realised he was the mystery person Moira confided to her about sleeping with. I wasn't expecting John to find out this quickly but I find it very hard to have any sympathy for Moira. As I said before I don't like her and think she was a complete cow to John when he was simply working his hardest to keep a roof over their heads. I do agree though that she was thoroughly disgusted with herself. When Holly and Adam came home I really wanted Moira to tell them everything but it's been postponed because of Mia. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they do find out, not to mention some of the other locals particularly Chas, being Cain's sister and not particularly liking his behaviour. I have to say though it's almost ironic this has happened when I think about John's attitude towards Adam after he discovered he was sleeping with Ella. Almost congratulating him. It does strike me that Cain's pretty much a psycho at the moment. I'm honestly not sure what purpose he's serving at the moment other than to make life miserable for anybody and everyone around him.

Really not sure what purpose it serves killing Mia off. Declan doesn't really seem to interact with many characters and when he does it's only regarding work. I don't understand where the character development here is. Also what was the point of even having Jai as her birth father if Mia is never going to find out and Jai is never going to spend time with her again? I think it's a silly part of the storyline. I think it was nice of John to offer to send flowers but given Adam slept with Mia and Ella, I don't think it would be a good idea under the circumstances.

Didn't really like the way Sandy was made out to be in the wrong previously simply because he quite rightly had concerns about his son being cheated on. I think Ashley did the right thing following her but Laurel very luckily just happened to tell the truth at the right moment when a lot of people would have lied. Still it's inevitable that Ashley finds out something is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that John doesn't let Moira off too easily over her affair.Given what she put him through just because he momentarily kissed Eve back when she planted one on him(and she actually had the gall to bring it up, even though there's no comparison), she definitely doesn't deserve it.

I'm in several different minds about Mia's off screen death.Given that she'd gone and obviously wasn't coming back, I'm not bothered that she never found out Jai was her father.I do wonder about the way it was done though, with her being killed just as Declan had softened towards her and invited her back.I wonder if it might have been more satisfying if he'd carried on pushing her away right to the end and had to face up to how he felt afterwards.I did like the little scene where Nicola spoke to him about it and convinced him to talk to Katie but his blaming everyone wasn't very attractive and I'm quite glad John thumped him.

I'm guessing that's as far as Marlon and Laurel are going to go, although I've thought that before and they've carried on.I'm kind of disappointed they went that far and Laurel seemed to change her mind more because reality hit home and she realised just what a mess they'd end up in rather than because of any loyalty to Ashley.In fact, if she and Ashley didn't have children, she'd probably have gone off with Marlon without a second thought.

I've been finding Debbie rather annoying this last week.I get that Sarah's condition is serious and she's under pressure and trying to do what's best for her but her repeated assertion that anyone who disagrees with her wants Sarah to die and blaming others for the mess she's created doesn't exactly have me rooting for her.To be honest, her and Andy's new plan doesn't seem much different to the old one, bar the reduced chance of a match, so I'm not sure why anyone would object.They probably will though.I did actually wonder if anything was going to happen between them while they were living together but the moment seems to have passed.

Another one who's been annoying me is Jai and Nikhil's mother, with her treatment of Nikhil and Gennie and constant putting them down.I was cheering when Nikhil finally stood up to her and called her out on her behaviour and I guess it's to her credit that she went round to see Gennie and basically apologised.I'm not sure about Jai's non-reaction, whether he's scared of her as well or whether he wanted Nikhil to stand up for himself.

So, we've met Ali's estranged husband Dan.He basically comes across as nice but dim, although his "Please stop being a lesbian and come home" qualified as one of the funniest lines lately.

I think Debbie's past the point of being annoying for me. I'm finding her pretty much unbearable. I've never particularly liked her anyway and have liked her less and less as of late. I've hated the way she's acted towards the people who've been trying to support her - Cameron, Andy, Alicia and even Charity. Like I said about Leah from Home and Away there is nothing likeable about her whatsoever. I'm almost wishing it was her who was terminally ill instead of Sarah.

I actually don't mind Jai and Nikhil's mother (Good old June Ackland from the Bill) and I prefer this version of Priya to the first one.

I'm glad Ashley knows now and I'm on his side 100%. I don't have one bit of sympathy for Laurel. She didn't stay because of Ashley she stayed because of the kids. I'm glad Sandy hasn't forgiven her too.

Cain is the worst I've seen him since he pulled to robbery on the Kings with Saddie several years ago. The stealing of Jai's and Nikhil's mother's necklace was one thing (even giving it to Priya). Although I didn't like it, it was typical Cain and he had helped Jai to rip Nikhil off the satnavs and stole Jai's car a while back so it didn't really bother me. But then there was tampering with the wheels on Jai's father's car which could not only have killed him but possibly pedestrians or other drivers. And also the poisioning of Jai's mother's cat. Is that really in character and is he capable of something like that? If you combine that with using Priya, sleeping with her and sending a naked picture from her phone to Jai just to taunt him and sleeping with Moira you have an utterly repugnant and reprehensible individual whose sole purpose is to make everybody's life a misery who is right at the sociopath level. Even Chas was disgusted with him. Charity really annoyed me the way she was trying to protect him at first.

I hear that he's attacked and left for dead (here's hoping) and this is supported by the adverts they've been showing with him and the other villagers. It's kind of reminiscent of the storyline with Tracy from Coronation street at the beginning of this year. She was pretty much being nasty to everyone, made so many enemies by the time she was found unconscious it wasn't a case of who was a suspect but rather who wasn't.

I'm glad Gennie and Nikhil have finally got together, I think they've got a lot of potential as a couple. Surprised Nicky was as upset as he was, I didn't think he cared about Gennie that much, guess I was wrong.Brenda's attitude annoyed me and I'm glad Gennie put her in her place.

I'm not sure about Katie's attitude towards Declan.Sure, he's shutting her out and being a bit thoughtless but he has just lost the girl he thought of as his daughter, he's going to be down for a bit.If it was only a casual relationship and she was worried it was all getting too serious, maybe I'd understand but she says she loves him so I'd expect her to stick it out.

For a few minutes there, I did actually thought they'd killed Amy's baby, which would have been quite a twist, but it looks like it's all going to come out now.The comparison with Debbie and Sarah, where she also gave birth on her own when none of her family knew she was pregnant(but one of the father's family did), is pretty obvious.Although I think Debbie did a better job of it, despite being younger.There's been a lot of speculation the baby's going to end up being a match for Sarah, given the relatively close blood tie.I won't be surprised if it happens but I'm not really sure about the legality of it.

I'm not happy about Jai and Charity calling off the wedding, they've basically given Cain what he wants.Except he hasn't and he's hardly going to stop now so it all feels a bit pointless.I guess the original Priya wasn't a very memorable character and the new one seems to have her attitude but I don't seem to remember her being quite that stupid.I'd get it if it were just Jai but with her entire family telling her Cain's scum why is she sticking around him?Is she really that infatuated or does she just not like being told what to do?

Cain being attacked sounds like a typical soap punishment where someone gets a bit hurt and then makes a complete recovery, so it's less of a punishment and more of a minor inconvenience.Or maybe they'll surprise me and actually kill him, which would be nice.If not, I hope no-one gets into trouble while he's left still swanning around.

• 2 weeks later...

It did occur to me the baby would be a possible match but we'll see what happens.

As much as I dislike Cain I really liked the stuff in the Wookpack on last Thursday with the villagers ralying around one another standing up to him and Chas refusing to serve him. I have to admit I especially liked the part where after walking out he came back into the Woolpack and told certain people how hypocritical they were being questioning his morality and listing their past actions. You often find that with soaps that just about every character that's been in it for some amount of time comes across as hypocritical at some point as they often would have performed some sort of indescrition in the past then try to call someone out or get self-righteous about something.

I'd seen the spoilers so I knew what was going to happen. TBH I don't have one iota of sympathy for him and I found it quite annoying seeing Chas and Debbie being so cut up about it. Not because they are his relatives but because he doesn't deserve it. As usual Debbie's been especially annoying. Even before Sarah got ill she was still getting on my nerves. I don't blame Amy for wishing he was dead. Even when he saw her he just couldn't leave her be. He just had to have a dig. Who do I think did it? Probably a bit early to say but I don't think it was Jai, Charity or John. Those people would be too obvious. I suspect it will be a woman as Cain would be less likely to shop her to the police. Cain looked geuinley shocked so I'm assuming he didn't think the person who attacked him had it in them. I think it could be Amy, Moira, Holly and possibly even Zack.

To be honest, it's hard to really care who hit Cain, other than not knowing whose hand to shake.I get that they're his family but I was a bit disappointed that the Dingles were all holding bedside vigils at the hospital, I was hoping that no-one who could care he'd been attacked and they'd all throw a big party at the Woolpack.Instead, it seems like his attacker basically did him a favour.If they'd left him alone, he'd have left the village with no-one wanting anything to do with him.Now, he seems to be on the road to recovery and he's got Chas, Debbie and Aaron all sympathising with him with the rest of them probably not too far behind.

I was kind of disappointed with Holly, at first I thought she was just worried John was a suspect but now it seems she actually thinks he didn't.I agree it's unlikely to be him, Jai or Charity, since we already know most of their secrets anyway.I could see it being Amy or Moira(nice to see a bit of interaction with Debbie and Amy, by the way, wonder if it's setting up the baby being a match...)but I'm actually starting to look at Priya and go "Hmm."It would explain why they've brought her back and why she seems so certain Jai and Charity are innocent.

I only started watching this again two weeks ago but I think it could be Amy. They have gone out their way to make it John, Jai or Charity as a suspect so I don't think it will be one of them but I could be wrong. Also, I don't know him very well at all having not watched for months till two weeks ago but Cameron crossed my mind. Like he seems to me like he isn't this nice guy but then I don't know as I haven't watched. But then didn't he find Cain? So it wont be him, just crossed my mind.

Holly is just annoying.