Characters that felt lost once their family or makeshift family left ?,

j.laur5

11 hours ago, adam436 said:

I didn't think Kirsty fared that badly after Rhys and Dani left, perhaps because it was such a short period. Had she lingered around for another 2-3 years it probably would have been a different story. 

I don't remember much that she did other than find out she was pregnant and go on the run with Kane though.. 

- Became the first student to be referred to as "Mrs." at Summer Bay High when she married Kane (Hyde was formal like that)

- Lied about being pregnant 1st time and she and Kane nearly come to blows, with him getting an AVO.

-Got Pregnant for real, Miscarried.

- Managed to actually GET her HSC with all that BS

- Supported Kane through his testicular cancer

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

- Became the first student to be referred to as "Mrs." at Summer Bay High when she married Kane (Hyde was formal like that)

- Lied about being pregnant 1st time and she and Kane nearly come to blows, with him getting an AVO.

-Got Pregnant for real, Miscarried.

- Managed to actually GET her HSC with all that BS

- Supported Kane through his testicular cancer

Wasn't a lot of that while her family were still on the show?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe and will always believe that one of the biggest mistakes in the 2010s made by the writers was the failure to capitalise on the Maguire-Patterson family built up (Leah, Zac, VJ, Oscar, Evie, Matt, Billie) and make it a really memorable nuclear family for the show to rally behind. As it is, they all just went their own separate stories and now Leah's been kind of loss for a while being the last one. 

• Like 1

The show clearly wanted them to be the central family by shifting them into Summer Bay House. I think the problem was that by the time the producers got around to pairing up Zac and Leah and moving them in, it was too late. 

On 03/03/2024 at 22:27, D.B said:

I believe and will always believe that one of the biggest mistakes in the 2010s made by the writers was the failure to capitalise on the Maguire-Patterson family built up (Leah, Zac, VJ, Oscar, Evie, Matt, Billie) and make it a really memorable nuclear family for the show to rally behind. As it is, they all just went their own separate stories and now Leah's been kind of loss for a while being the last one. 

On 04/03/2024 at 07:25, adam436 said:

The show clearly wanted them to be the central family by shifting them into Summer Bay House. I think the problem was that by the time the producers got around to pairing up Zac and Leah and moving them in, it was too late. 

I agree, plus the kids were mostly at the end of/post High School which didn’t help. Having them keep Alf living there with them made it awkward too.

On 15/01/2024 at 10:26, adam436 said:

I remember she moved in with Vinnie and possibly some others like Jesse and James, but I don't recall her stories at that time other than getting shot and a love triangle with Vinnie and Justine. I'm sure she would have done more though. 

At what point did she move from that house into the share house that would later become the Hunter house?

She didn't start teaching until the early 2000s, and Flynn didn't arrive until 2001. I enjoyed the Sally/Leah/Shauna trio too, but again, that didn't happen until 2000. 

Hehehe, Jesse and James!

Team Rocket! XD

On to the topic at hand...

Leah did seem lost for a while, but once her and Justin started dating, she seems to have a purpose again.

Edited by Luigi Severus Fletcher
  • Haha 1