What are the best seasons from the Early Years?

Skylover

What are the best seasons from 1988-2000? I would say 1988-early 1990 was the show's first golden era, up until Tom, Celia, Lance and Martin all left. I'd say 1994-1997 is the second golden era. Mid 1990 to 1993 is a bit mediocre, and the loss of Pippa affected the late 90s.

1 hour ago, Skylover said:

What are the best seasons from 1988-2000? I would say 1988-early 1990 was the show's first golden era, up until Tom, Celia, Lance and Martin all left. I'd say 1994-1997 is the second golden era. Mid 1990 to 1993 is a bit mediocre, and the loss of Pippa affected the late 90s.

I’m at Episode 41 now gotta say 1988 is really slow until Barlow and the nutter kick off, I get setting everything up but still 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

I’m at Episode 41 now gotta say 1988 is really slow until Barlow and the nutter kick off, I get setting everything up but still 

It is slow, but that's kind of why I liked it, because it was so character-driven. I love 1988 and 1989. 1994 and 1995 are my second favourite and I really like 1996.

Just watched a few of the 1996 special episodes, eventful time with death of Shane, birth of Shane and death of Michael!

as a midwife I am having a bit of a chuckle at some of the birth experiences, there is no way the baby shown as angels baby is 8 weeks Prem.?
irene rocking the bleached hair, blue eyeshadow and denim mini, she had a good set of pins.

I'm not crazy about that first 1988 season. It brought us some well-remembered moments but it's a curate's egg for me. It's quite boring and uneven in places, though it definitely improved as the year went on. I am sorry that they've not made the later, better seasons available on Amazon Prime because the first season is no advertisement for the show. I have a soft spot for 1991 because Pippa married Michael, Karen turned into a delinquent, Bobby fostered Sam and we were treated to memorable baddies  like Revhead, Lois Crawford, Tracey Turner and Auntie Jean. Irene also made her first appearance but she was scary!