Does H&A need an overhaul at the moment?

adam436

4 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Walter should have been made a regular character. He was about Neville's age and he was the only regular character over 60 in the show.

And do what with him? Other than power games with Donald (which would have got old quickly), I can't really see what him being a regular character would have really added to things. 

• 2 months later...

I can see Donald and Walter's power games being similar to those of Vera and Erica's and Joan and Erica's/Ann's in Prisoner.

Might have been entertaining to watch and I can see Don going behind Walter's back to do as he pleases.

13 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

I can see Donald and Walter's power games being similar to those of Vera and Erica's and Joan and Erica's/Ann's in Prisoner.

Might have been entertaining to watch and I can see Don going behind Walter's back to do as he pleases.

"Listen careful, Mr Fisher. Relinquish Your Position *Immediately& or Face the Consequences. This doesn't have to be difficult! But it WILL get serious if you do not comply"

(Garbled voice down the  phone , Don stripe-shirted, looking Astonished. Freezes frame)

Edited by CaptainHulk

It could do with a return to the fostering element and some more blasts from the past, but it is definitely better nowadays than when it was a teen drama in the 2000s - 2010s. It was fairly distributed in the 80s and 90s with focus on The Fletcher/Ross family, Fisher, Floss, Neville, Lance, Martin, Alf and Ailsa, Shane and Angel, Irene, Finn, Damien, Jack, Chloe, Selina, Shannon and Curtis, etc. It was somewhat like that in 2018 and 2019 before Summer Bay High seems to have become abandoned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think there should be a natural disaster or serial killer or something to wipe out quite a few characters who have run their course Maybe Alf Tane Felcity Bree Theo Levi Marilyn Roo they all kind of bore me 

I'd love to know what the rationale was/is behind the move to being an entirely adult cast. As far as I know, the producers have never spoken about the change in the show. There was never really an official rebranding or revamp, the teenagers just sort of dwindled away with Ryder, Raffy, Bella etc, and then I assume Maggie was written out because there was no school for her to be principal for. 

I understand that demographics and viewing habits change, so it's probably a case of the audience being the same age as the majority of characters, but surely there people in their 30s or 40s with teenagers or pre-teens that could relate to their storylines. I would have thought enough for the show to invest a token 2 or 3. 

I remember when the 20somethings and early 30somethings used to be the minority group in Summer Bay with the bulk of the cast being teenagers or 35+ 

2 hours ago, pembie said:

I think there should be a natural disaster or serial killer or something to wipe out quite a few characters who have run their course Maybe Alf Tane Felcity Bree Theo Levi Marilyn Roo they all kind of bore me 

I'd be down for that. Maybe not Alf or Marilyn, but a serial killer would certainly generate some hype for the show, especially if we didn't know it was except it was someone in the regular cast. British soaps (Hollyoaks at least!) has had it's share of serial killers, but I don't think it's been done on an Australian soap before. 

H&A could do a plane crash, and a huge passenger airliner explodes over Summer Bay one dark July night, and fireballs rain down from the sky. Tane, Bree, Felicity, Roo and Levi are the Summer Bay residents who are killed. Although Tane kills Felicity and tries to use the plane crash as a cover up. Alf is temporarily blinded by aviation fuel and Levi is vapourised by plane flames and fuel.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

22 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

H&A could do a plane crash, and a huge passenger airliner explodes over Summer Bay one dark July night, and fireballs rain down from the sky. Tane, Bree, Felicity, Roo and Levi are the Summer Bay residents who are killed. Although Tane kills Felicity and tries to use the plane crash as a cover up. Alf is temporarily blinded by aviation fuel and Levi is vapourised by plane flames and fuel.

Flick would drive anyone to murder tbf lol so I like that part but it smells a bit... "Emmedaley"😁

*walks away whistling theme song*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2024 at 11:22, CaptainHulk said:

Flick would drive anyone to murder tbf lol so I like that part but it smells a bit... "Emmedaley"😁

*walks away whistling theme song*

I literally heard that annoying crash of wind (only way I can describe it) before the very beginning of the EM theme tune as I read this! Thanks for that 😡😡😡🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 26/03/2024 at 15:01, Homeandawayfan. said:

And Emmerdale can sue Channel 7 for copyright for stealing their plane crash idea. 😀

Reminds me of the South Park episode "Simpsons did it!"