Does H&A need an overhaul at the moment?

adam436

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Thing about Maz and Palmer is they've just been apart too long for it to work again.

Paul, now all of 20-odd would be welcome addition as would  his brother Mark (The child Barry and Fin got to have themselves)

Nathan Roberts and his wife (I think she was a nurse?) have also been away long enough to be head of a central new family unit too if they needed one. 

I disagree about John and Marilyn. They need to reunite. But it would need to be a slowburn/subtle reunion. If they suddenly reunited in the next episode, it would seem forced. 

41 minutes ago, adam436 said:

Nathan Roberts and his wife (I think she was a nurse?) have also been away long enough to be head of a central new family unit too if they needed one. 

I disagree about John and Marilyn. They need to reunite. But it would need to be a slowburn/subtle reunion. If they suddenly reunited in the next episode, it would seem forced. 

Nathan and Grace apparently live in ?? (Let's not get into VISA gymnastics, what with his record and all) according to Irene (same convo about Damo living in ??)

18 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Thing about Maz and Palmer is they've just been apart too long for it to work again.

Sadly I agree. Before the Heather story I would have loved for John & Marilyn to reunite but Marilyn is just too critical and spiteful towards him. It feels like the love has truly long gone along with her likable character traits. 

Though I can definitely see the writers forcing them together later down the track in order to give them a storyline without much thought or effort.

4 hours ago, Skylover said:

If there was ever one pivotal sign never to watch H&A again, it's the story about Marilyn's psycho kid. It's like the exact pinpoint thing that is so emblematic about why the show is so bad now.

Here here! the show has been a slow burning dumpster fire since the River Boys came in, sadly i don't think it can be saved now it may be time for the axe

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Here here! the show has been a slow burning dumpster fire since the River Boys came in, sadly i don't think it can be saved now it may be time for the axe

I think it can be salvaged. Get rid of deadweight characters and have better writers. Unless that happens, then it'll just continue the way it is. This year has been easily one of the worst written for the show imo.

7 minutes ago, hapitoby said:

I think it can be salvaged. Get rid of deadweight characters and have better writers. Unless that happens, then it'll just continue the way it is. This year has been easily one of the worst written for the show imo.

i don't watch and haven't for the last 10 years but i do see the odd spoiler and people tell me about it, the Heather stuff was pathetic IMO and ruined a long standing character in Maz H&A is done in my mind unless Lucy leaves which i can't see

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

i don't watch and haven't for the last 10 years but i do see the odd spoiler and people tell me about it, the Heather stuff was pathetic IMO and ruined a long standing character in Maz H&A is done in my mind unless Lucy leaves which i can't see

I wonder if they genuinely think the stuff with Marilyn's daughter is good? Are they really that stupid? Lucy Addario will never go, she seems content there and is happy keeping the network bosses happy with whatever she's doing.

Edited by Skylover