Does H&A need an overhaul at the moment?

adam436

On 08/04/2024 at 20:22, nenehcherry2 said:

I literally heard that annoying crash of wind (only way I can describe it) before the very beginning of the EM theme tune as I read this! Thanks for that 😡😡😡🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reminds me of the South Park episode "Simpsons did it!"

It's as a light Cymbal effect, like the 1998-2011 theme.

Seems.a lot seems to get your goat lately, tv intros, Craig McLachlan (I can see how he can be Marmite to some)😁

I often feel like Executive Producers of soaps should have a limited appointment. If a new EP came in every 4-5 years, it would help soaps fresh as they come in with their own vision and ideas. 

The producers would obviously be subject to other pressures like budget, network influence etc. 

The producers of both Home and Away and Neighbours have been around for too long and the shows have suffered as a result. 

We've clearly had different eras of the show under Lucy (the Braxton era, the Morgans/Astoni era, the Parata era and currently Lyrik), but ultimately it's still the same show with crime, evil guest villains and relationship merry-go-rounds with the twenty and thirty somethings being the key themes of each. 

It's time for a change.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, adam436 said:

I often feel like Executive Producers of soaps should have a limited appointment. If a new EP came in every 4-5 years, it would help soaps fresh as they come in with their own vision and ideas. 

The producers would obviously be subject to other pressures like budget, network influence etc. 

The producers of both Home and Away and Neighbours have been around for too long and the shows have suffered as a result. 

We've clearly had different eras of the show under Lucy (the Braxton era, the Morgans/Astoni era, the Parata era and currently Lyrik), but ultimately it's still the same show with crime, evil guest villains and relationship merry-go-rounds with the twenty and thirty somethings being the key themes of each. 

It's time for a change.

Some would argue Neighbours got the kick up the arse it needed and Amazon seems to be good for it. Still the core theme of the street, friendship and family.

And some say Neighbours and H&A should have ended years ago. In a way that would have been good if they had ended c1997-2000 while still on a high. Helen's death in Neighbours and Ailsa's death in H&A would have made good final episodes, with other stories wrapped up as well, then the residents of Summer Bay and Erinsborough could live happily ever after 😀, like in one of those story books you read as a kid.

I feel Jason Herbison has done better than Lucy Addario but both Jason and Lucy have surpassed the durations of any previous producer. I think it was a refreshing thing to do in 2011 to bring in the raucous Braxtons to cause trouble in Summer Bay. This was just before Lucy became EP. But they soon became overrused.

In real life I know of a family similar to the Braxton's who live in a small coastal town as well, who cause trouble and if you stand up to them in a pub or the street, if any other of the family members are nearby, you just get kneecapped by them all, they have an all for one attitude even if you are up against the toughest most independent member of the family, they just automatically back each other up.

3 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

And some say Neighbours and H&A should have ended years ago. In a way that would have been good if they had ended c1997-2000 while still on a high. Helen's death in Neighbours and Ailsa's death in H&A would have made good final episodes, with other stories wrapped up as well, then the residents of Summer Bay and Erinsborough could live happily ever after 😀, like in one of those story books you read as a kid.

I feel Jason Herbison has done better than Lucy Addario but both Jason and Lucy have surpassed the durations of any previous producer. I think it was a refreshing thing to do in 2011 to bring in the raucous Braxtons to cause trouble in Summer Bay. This was just before Lucy became EP. But they soon became overrused.

In real life I know of a family similar to the Braxton's who live in a small coastal town as well, who cause trouble and if you stand up to them in a pub or the street, if any other of the family members are nearby, you just get kneecapped by them all, they have an all for one attitude even if you are up against the toughest most independent member of the family, they just automatically back each other up.

I'm glad it didn't end when old Granny Helen died.... 1998 was one of Neighbours' best ever seasons for me! 

Edited by nenehcherry2

53 minutes ago, nenehcherry2 said:

I'm glad it didn't end when old Granny Helen died.... 1998 was one of Neighbours' best ever seasons for me! 

It had it going on; Ben's recovery, Karl's confession then one nighters with Sarah, The infamous slap, Ruth's cancer scare and subsequent wedding to Phil, Lance turning himself orange... Hannah buggering off to France for 6months!

Yes, great yeara!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

It had it going on; Ben's recovery, Karl's confession then one nighters with Sarah, The infamous slap, Ruth's cancer scare and subsequent wedding to Phil, Lance turning himself orange... Hannah buggering off to France for 6months!

Yes, great yeara! 

💯💯💯💯💯!

"Yeara?!"... Love it, might use it myself sometime if not copyrighted by CaptainHulk 😅

1997 was great too. Helen made no impact in 97. In fact, she's hardly there for most of that season, prior to her death episode (presumably Anne's operations or whatever it was that she had). I didn't even notice her absence.

Edited by nenehcherry2