Jump to content

The search for Helena Bozich


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

Does anyone ever really visit websites anymore?

I do. I pop onto that site every now when I want to find out what episode something happened. It is a far more useful H&A resource for episode numbers, dates and character info than Wikipedia. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

When did that happen?

It was a couple of years back now - http://ebb-flow-therapies.com.au/about-us/ - contact was attempted but there was no reply, so I presumed she wanted to leave the show in her past and didn't pursue it further.

Unfortunately the page on the site is in a section on our old publishing system, which has been broken for quite some time, so I haven't been able to update it. Chris is gradually working on getting more parts of the site over to the new system.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Dan F said:

It was a couple of years back now - http://ebb-flow-therapies.com.au/about-us/ - contact was attempted but there was no reply, so I presumed she wanted to leave the show in her past and didn't pursue it further.

Unfortunately the page on the site is in a section on our old publishing system, which has been broken for quite some time, so I haven't been able to update it. Chris is gradually working on getting more parts of the site over to the new system.

Has there been any attempts to contact Nicholle? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/04/2021 at 16:15, Summer's Bay said:

Has there been any attempts to contact Nicholle? 

Assume you mean Nicolle Dickson? I found her on LinkedIn as Nicolle Bell with no profile picture (based on the school she attended, as well as the years of attendance and working as an accounts assistant in Western Sydney). Bizarrely, she accepted my connection request but never read or responded to my message. She's connected to a few former H&A cast and crew such as Andrew Howie, Bruce Roberts and Tina Thomsen which implies that it is THE "Nicky" (you can only view her connections when a 1st degree connection yourself). She never seems to post, like or comment.

I also found both of her sons on Facebook. Lincoln (her eldest) is connected to Mat Stevenson as well as a woman who looks like an older Nicolle called Cheryl Dickson (her mother's name). He posted about Nicolle's father dying recently (verified by this link here); I have interviews where she states her parents' and sisters' names. The Dicksons seem like a very close & happy working-class western Sydney family. Based on a picture of her parents that Lincoln shared, Nicolle clearly has her father's eyes (further inherited by Lincoln!) but her mother's height! Felt rather inappropriate to message on a private social media channel at a difficult time, so refrained from contacting him.

Edited by nenehcherry2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/04/2021 at 08:35, nenehcherry2 said:

Assume you mean Nicolle Dickson? I found her on LinkedIn as Nicolle Bell with no profile picture (based on the school she attended, as well as the years of attendance and working as an accounts assistant in Western Sydney). Bizarrely, she accepted my connection request but never read or responded to my message. She's connected to a few former H&A cast and crew such as Andrew Howie, Bruce Roberts and Tina Thomsen which implies that it is THE "Nicky" (you can only view her connections when a 1st degree connection yourself). She never seems to post, like or comment.

I also found both of her sons on Facebook. Lincoln (her eldest) is connected to Mat Stevenson as well as a woman who looks like an older Nicolle called Cheryl Dickson (her mother's name). He posted about Nicolle's father dying recently (verified by this link here); I have interviews where she states her parents' and sisters' names. The Dicksons seem like a very close & happy working-class western Sydney family. Based on a picture of her parents that Lincoln shared, Nicolle clearly has her father's eyes (further inherited by Lincoln!) but her mother's height! Felt rather inappropriate to message on a private social media channel at a difficult time, so refrained from contacting him.

Thanks for the update.

I was reading some comments under an article discussing her appearance on the Endless Summer special a few years. One person said Nicolle had been doing some local theatre and he/she thought she was terrible. I was very disappointed to read that, but that is just an opinion.  However its great that she's still somewhat not completely divorced from acting. Unlike Helen, Nicolle does pop up now and again when there is a reunion of some sorts. Now that her children are all grown, if the fight part comes along, maybe we will see her act again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Thanks for the update.

I was reading some comments under an article discussing her appearance on the Endless Summer special a few years. One person said Nicolle had been doing some local theatre and he/she thought she was terrible. I was very disappointed to read that, but that is just an opinion.  However its great that she's still somewhat not completely divorced from acting. Unlike Helen, Nicolle does pop up now and again when there is a reunion of some sorts. Now that her children are all grown, if the fight part comes along, maybe we will see her act again.

 

You're welcome. 

I have access to British Newspaper Archive for business reasons and have been known to do the odd H&A search 😜 Nicolle came to the UK to do panto every Xmas between 1990 - 1994 and some of the reviews of her panto performances even then were rather scathing. Tbf, that could just be attributable to the early 90s UK establishment's general view of Australian soaps or it could be that Nicolle is better at dramatic screen acting than stage performance, who knows without seeing it in person? 

RE reunions, well Nicolle has clearly kept in touch with (at the very least) Emily (her real-life best mate), Alex, Ross, Judy, Debra and Rebekah (and no doubt other former co-stars) whereas Helena seems to have lost touch with them all. In fact, someone tweeted Kate about the Helena mystery and she ignored it, so my guess is that she is not in touch with any of the original H&A team / crew. 

2 minutes ago, nenehcherry2 said:

 

You're welcome. 

I have access to British Newspaper Archive for business reasons and have been known to do the odd H&A search 😜 Nicolle came to the UK to do panto every Xmas between 1990 - 1994 and some of the reviews of her panto performances even then were rather scathing. Tbf, that could just be attributable to the early 90s UK establishment's general view of Australian soaps or it could be that Nicolle is better at dramatic screen acting than stage performance, who knows without seeing it in person? 

Forgot to add - with the exception of 1991 - 2 (where she performed with Mark Little, aka Joe Mangel from Ramsay Street), she appeared opposite Alex Papps in all 3 other other years 😍😜

Edited by nenehcherry2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/04/2021 at 17:06, Dan F said:

It was a couple of years back now - http://ebb-flow-therapies.com.au/about-us/ - contact was attempted but there was no reply, so I presumed she wanted to leave the show in her past and didn't pursue it further.

Unfortunately the page on the site is in a section on our old publishing system, which has been broken for quite some time, so I haven't been able to update it. Chris is gradually working on getting more parts of the site over to the new system.

I missed that too. She was “hiding” in plain sight then, same name and same city.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.