2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I didn't see Mac withholding the news about the baby from Ari was because she was bitter about the breakup either.  She was upset, of course she was, but Ari had been honest with her.  She didn't want to tell him because if she had decided from the beginning to keep him/her  I feel she didn't want him to feel torn between her and the baby and Mia.  And why is feminism/women's rights being dragged into it??

I guess it is pretty? seeing another couple being as lovey dovey as Chloe and Ryder were, when your own passion has cooled like Nik and Bella's has, not that they don't love each other any the less but they've got over that first flush of a new romance.?  Chloe and Ryder could have taken the hint and left Bella and Nik alone, but weren't able to use the house as Ari was resting up.  Said something that Nik got fed up with Chloe. 

Bella, so far, has only been seen/lived with a limited number of people.  Started off from when she was a little 'un her, her mum, Ross and Colby, then her, her mum and Ross then for years just her and Ross.  Then when she was freed just her and Colby, Dean later joined them. When she first joined the Parata's it was just Tane, Nik and Ari, she could cope with that, now it's going to be Tane, Ari, Nik, Mia and Chloe.  At least back at home, it'd only be her, Dean, Amber and Jai which is more manageable in her eyes. 

Cold shower time Red.??

Roo, finds out, belatedly, about Chloe and Ryder - did she really have no idea, she didn't like being left out of the loop.  

It certainly did look like it was John's account Susie emptied - it explains why it 'said John Palmer' so he is skint as well seeing as she emptied $50,000 from it.  Confused.com a bit as Alf said there was Leah and Justin's $90,000 and this other amount making $150,000, so where'd this other $10,000 come from??  At least they have established the Surf Club funds are intact, but what to do regards  the  Surf Comp, they'd have to near on empty those funds to pay for it or not put it on and still lose out  and get sued in the process.  Then of course there is still the mystery of the account Susie set up where all the donations went.

Roo got it right and wrong  Leah and Justin were dealing with it in their own way, Leah being all business like and hoping helping Alf by going over the accounts she'd find a clue about how Susie/Imogen/? and how she operates.  It's her way, Justin has another way, just want's to forget and move on.  If they stopped and calmed down, easy to say I know, and talked  and listened to each other they could meet halfway.  Btw what was with the inane smile Roo had on her face when she went to see Justin? It jarred with me and didn't seem to fit the seriousness of the scene.   I thought we saw from the flashback John did introduce Leah and Justin to Susie, but didn't they already 'know' her because Tori and Christian used her to house hunt for them?  I know it was decided  that she was OK and knew her job so that is why they let her go ahead to look for a place.  If I remember correctly and forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but didn't Leah check out the broker guy or at least the place where he worked and said he was kosher?   Maybe he is most of the time.  She has been a business woman for quite  a few years and would be wary of anything being too good to be true. 

Leah and Justin sniping at each other isn't helping either of them, but I guess in Justin's eyes and it may be an old fashioned way of thinking but for the first time ever he was going to have his own home and as a man it's his 'duty' to ensure everything is in order and he feels he's failed in Leah's eyes who has over the years to have her own place, own business, putting him in the shade. 

Sadly, in the absence of Miss ?, John is the only one that anyone can have a go at, but he blames himself enough already, but it's not just guys that can get conned, women do too.  I think someone said ? picked on John because of his profile on that dating app, maybe, knowing John, he bigged himself up a bit too  much and when ? arrived and found out he wasn't as powerful as he said he was, instead of walking away she decided to her persuasive skills to use?  

Probably what most of us would do,  but Leah shouting out Justin's name wasn't going to do any good as he couldn't hear her.  In that long shot from the sea back to shore didn't we  see two figures, one I'm guessing Leah and the other Dean who it looked like was taking a while to twig something was wrong? ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/05/2021 at 14:37, H&Alover said:

Then when she was freed just her and Colby, Dean later joined them.

I'm pretty sure there was a point early on where she was living with Colby, Robbo, Jasmine and Grace.In a three bedroom flat.(Or was it only two then?)

On 07/05/2021 at 14:37, H&Alover said:

I thought we saw from the flashback John did introduce Leah and Justin to Susie,

If you mean that bit in the recap of John telling Justin they could trust her, I think that was actually from Susie's last episode, when they should have known full well they couldn't trust her!

Anyway...Justin's brush with death was resolved pretty painlessly and Dean even managed to save the board.(Goodness knows where the owner was though.)If I'd been in Justin's shoes, I'd be tempted to tell Leah "Oh, now you want to talk", but good that they did finally sort things out.I also liked the little domestic quasi-family stuff with Dean, Willow, Amber and Jai.I'm not sure what grounds the surf club committee have for overturning the election result, but John's already resigned so giving the job to the other candidate makes sense.Alf and Dean is a team-up I was not expecting to see, wonder how they'll handle that!

Oh gosh, I wonder what the hospital will say to Christian...oh. They've shown us in the promo.Never mind.

On 08/05/2021 at 01:09, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm pretty sure there was a point early on where she was living with Colby, Robbo, Jasmine and Grace.In a three bedroom flat.(Or was it only two then?)

If you mean that bit in the recap of John telling Justin they could trust her, I think that was actually from Susie's last episode, when they should have known full well they couldn't trust her!

You could be right there, I get a bit confused sometimes with everyone moving in and and out.

No that scene with Soos and John was definitely an earlier one, John was introducing Leah and Justin to Susie , we didn't see John and Susie together at all in the last couple of episodes, she was in, she was busy avoiding everyone and John saying Leah and Justin could trust Susie was after he spoke to her on the phone.   

Anyways the other person I'm sure I saw on the beach?wasn't Dean, he just happened to turn up in time to go and rescue Justin. Well if he/she will leave their board lying around on the beach? Is it being picky to say Justin wasn't surfing, he'd turned round, saw Leah and was paddling back when the wave hit.  Why, why does he still have be so stubborn about going to hospital?  Though I had to laugh at him crumbling when Christian threatened him with the Tori!  Christian and Justin back on baby sitting duties then, Justin has an excuse for not doing anything,  I guess Ziggy knows her boss is out of action again, but has to be frustrating for Christian.  He hasn't actually treated Justin so hasn't broken any rules there, just doing what anyone could do and offered advice. 

Very deep conversation between Amber and Willow, btw did my eyes deceive me but was that an actual meal cooked in the flat?   Amber was right, Willow's sorted everyone else's life  out, now she needs to sort her life out.  Was that  a big clue being dropped by the mention of Alex? 

The Surf Club committee don't have a leg to stand on re the election they voted for John who has now stepped down.  Does the role automatically go to Alf, seeing as he was the only other candidate   or does there have to be a EGM? Not only has Dean 'bonded' with John, he's now offering advice to Alf about the Surf Comp and how there has to be a way round it and Alf is listening!   They either have to use the Surf Club fund  money to stage it and leave themselves broke or not stage it and get sued which will leave them - er - broke!   As Alf might say "they've got Buckley's".

Oh dear we have a very unhappy Lewis,? who I have to say I've gone right  off of.  I did have sympathies when he first explained what had happened, but it's obsession with Christian and no-one else being to blame has turned me. From what I could read Christian did everything right during the op, it was later complications set in.  Of course his theory would be the top lot are closing ranks and protecting one of their own.  That is a double edged sword though, they wouldn't want to admit someone of Christian's calibre  keeps making mistakes and their patients keep dying as it reflects  on all of them,  but there other lives  they have saved so decide to leave them where they are.  But they could shuffle them out quietly, but still keep their reputation intact. 

I agree, hints are much better than huge giveaways - a shocked expression on Lewis' face would have been a lot better as although we might have guessed what it could be, we wouldn't have been sure until we saw it.   As an aside would he have been able to access that info, wouldn't it have been private? 

Alf's episode count this block:Four.

Frustratingly, it feels like we're only getting half the story.We're told that Christian wasn't to blame for all these deaths, but what exactly is the cause of death? Are they saying that Christian did the best he could but the injuries were too severe? It's not enough for Lewis anyway, who's becoming more and more brazen in his vendetta against Christian.It's got Jasmine looking worried now and Irene's spider-sense seems to have belatedly triggered again.At least Jasmine and Christian cleared the air.

Amber was a bit like a dog with a bone in her attempt to get Willow back with Alex, but I guess she thinks she's got Willow to thank for her having another chance with Dean and wants to return the favour.

Mackenzie doesn't seem to want to engage with anyone and can only show emotion when she's alone.She should be going through this with Ari of course but that's not an option.(It's uncertain how useful he'd be given his history but hopefully he's matured since everything that happened with Mia.)She might have made her choice but it's still hitting hard to have it taken away from her.

From what  I could read of the Coroner's Report, having recorded it I was able to freeze the screen and read it,  It established Christian followed all the protocols that were required for the woman that died and that is what this inquest was all about, hers no-one else's, and maybe he did more than was needed and it was nothing to do with the op or anything going wrong during it. I gathered that meant her death wasn't his fault as he was cleared.  Had Lewis sneaked back into his office, I guess he has one as Senior Nurse/Head of Nursing, when Tori had gone and brought up the verdict.  Jasmine was right, the Coroner had no nothing to gain by being  on Christian's 'side' and she did look disturbed by his reaction and anger. 

It didn't help when Christian was also 'cleared' by the Hospital Board of the assault and he was reinstated, she is definitely seeing  a darker side to him.  Before she was sympathising with Lewis' suspicions about Christian causing Anna's death, but now she is getting worried, he's turned on her twice now.  Now, due to another trailer spoiler, he's brought assault charges against Christian himself.   It's good Jasmine has confided in Irene although she did play it down.   

It did get a bit chilly in Salt when Lewis and Jasmine walked in and saw Christian and Tori sitting there. 

Tori being Christian's boss must make things awkward as they can't talk about 'it' at home, not good for a relationship, not easy when you just work together as colleagues but having your other half as your boss - same as Jasmine and Lewis.  Would he make things difficult for her if she didn't side with him 100%?

I liked how Christian apologised to Jas about taking the feud with Lewis out on her.

Amber certainly didn't give up and wore Willow done enough to finally ring Alex.  Btw how did Amber track her down, all she knew was her name was Alex, she was a doctor and lived in Queensland.?  Quite an in depth talk between Amber and Willow and her reasons for not going with Alex before.  Me, I don't think she was ready then and it would only have ended in tears, but now even if it's only a year, things have changed a lot.  Still let's not get ahead of ourselves, Alex hasn't rung back yet.

Mac still seems to be  in an awful lot of pain, should she be out of hospital?   I guess Tane being there reminds her of Ari so ergo the baby.  She does seem very closed down around other people but she has come across as the independent type so to be seen as so vulnerable would be a big thing for her.  The fact the first thing she saw when opening her laptop was the mums and bubs club would have hurt, even if she wasn't going to be a mum just yet.   Does Jasmine still run that btw? 

As for how Ari, if he had known and how he would have reacted, hard to say, yes hopefully he would have learnt from when Mia lost their baby after all their miscarriages.  Sexist maybe, but men do react differently from women, not always, sometimes it's them who find it hardest to cope and of course them being men they aren't 'allowed' to show their true feelings.  No set rules for any couple going through, miscarriage, baby loss, still birth, abortion even. 

56 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

From what  I could read of the Coroner's Report, having recorded it I was able to freeze the screen and read it,  It established Christian followed all the protocols that were required for the woman that died and that is what this inquest was all about, hers no-one else's, and maybe he did more than was needed and it was nothing to do with the op or anything going wrong during it. I gathered that meant her death wasn't his fault as he was cleared.  Had Lewis sneaked back into his office, I guess he has one as Senior Nurse/Head of Nursing, when Tori had gone and brought up the verdict.  Jasmine was right, the Coroner had no nothing to gain by being  on Christian's 'side' and she did look disturbed by his reaction and anger. 

It didn't help when Christian was also 'cleared' by the Hospital Board of the assault and he was reinstated, she is definitely seeing  a darker side to him.  Before she was sympathising with Lewis' suspicions about Christian causing Anna's death, but now she is getting worried, he's turned on her twice now.  Now, due to another trailer spoiler, he's brought assault charges against Christian himself.   It's good Jasmine has confided in Irene although she did play it down.   

It did get a bit chilly in Salt when Lewis and Jasmine walked in and saw Christian and Tori sitting there. 

Tori being Christian's boss must make things awkward as they can't talk about 'it' at home, not good for a relationship, not easy when you just work together as colleagues but having your other half as your boss - same as Jasmine and Lewis.  Would he make things difficult for her if she didn't side with him 100%?

I liked how Christian apologised to Jas about taking the feud with Lewis out on her.

Mac still seems to be  in an awful lot of pain, should she be out of hospital?   I guess Tane being there reminds her of Ari so ergo the baby.  She does seem very closed down around other people but she has come across as the independent type so to be seen as so vulnerable would be a big thing for her.  The fact the first thing she saw when opening her laptop was the mums and bubs club would have hurt, even if she wasn't going to be a mum just yet.   Does Jasmine still run that btw? 

As for how Ari, if he had known and how he would have reacted, hard to say, yes hopefully he would have learnt from when Mia lost their baby after all their miscarriages.  Sexist maybe, but men do react differently from women, not always, sometimes it's them who find it hardest to cope and of course them being men they aren't 'allowed' to show their true feelings.  No set rules for any couple going through, miscarriage, baby loss, still birth, abortion even. 

I didnt have any sympathy for Jasmine in this situation, because she has been more or less egging on/enabliing Lewis behavior. And Tori has been just as bad. She's fully aware of Lewis' grudge and his behavior towards Christian. The man applied for this job for the sole purpose of harassing Christian. Yet the most she has been willing to do is tell Christian to try harder to appease him, ignoring the fact that Lewis does. not. want. it. 

And I understand that Tori cant afford to just take Christian's side automatically at work, but Im pretty sure as his boss, she's still obligated to look out for the wellfare of her staff. She could have reported Lewis's behavior or gave him a warning. And I know that gender wasnt the issue in the situation, but female on male stalking storylines like this irritate me because of how much they rely on double standards to preserve the tension and drama.

And HA Lover, to adrress your question about the earlier Mac storyline. I mentione it being a women's rights story because of how Ziggy and (to a lesser degree) Mac had been acting the whole time. It was like the writers couldnt figure out a way for them to defend against Dean's arguments, so they just had them treat it like a normal abortion storyline, making Dean the metaphorical mysoginist in the situation and have the two ladies quoting pro life jargon as a response.

Lewis is well and truly off the deep end by now.To be fair, reporting Christian to the police for assault is one of the most reasonable things he's done, it's just this obsession with the patients being in danger and determination to make Christian pay by any means possible. Jasmine is finding it harder and harder to support him, even if she did cover for him here.Still, if there's one plus, it's that Christian and Tori seem to have fully got over their blip from last week with her supporting him unconditionally.

Well, credit to him, Dean's pulling out all the stops to get the surf competition happening.Roo's idea of telling their side of the story to the papers had merit, but she and Alf really should have noticed Leila's eyes light up when they started talking about John.(The same actress played the unnamed journalist Marilyn spoke to about Ari early last year, by the way:Presumably it's the same character.)Of course, Dean isn't too keen on Willow's latest life-changing idea.Moving to Queensland and hoping Alex is glad to see her does seem like a pretty vague plan, but as Irene pointed out, she seems to be quite good at getting people to give her a second chance.This has kind of come out of nowhere in the space of about three episodes though!

Archived