2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

23 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Tori alone didn't make the decision to employ Lewis

It was Tori alone who specifically allowed Lewis to work there in the same department as Christian despite the fact that Jasmine told her about Lewis's wife shortly before she made that decision.

Well Ari seems to have gotten over the fact that he lost another baby quite quickly.  Although he was excluded so he never really had another baby to begin with.  Whilst I appreciate he was very empathic towards Mackenzie, the cynic in me wonders whether it's a relief as he's not tied down to her and can concentrate on his relationship with Mia, which I don't like how it's being paraded.  The episode was very Parata centric and I wonder if the main focus of the show is around them.  We have Bella complaining about how many of them there were previously when she was with Nikau (although she's OK with it now) and now Ziggy complaining that she doesn't even want to go home because she would rather spend time with Tane and the Paratas than Mackenzie.  And of course let's not forgot how wonderful Mia is being made out to be.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty light hearted episode all round after the drama of the previous days. 

It would have been nice to see Nik and Bella at the awards do, they did look very posh in their party dresses. Nice little mention of Colby btw. Liked Nik's little gripe that Bella couldn't put her award down long enough to be able to dance with him, did she take it to bed with her that night?  I can see why the woman who rang decided why Nik would make a good photographic model, he's an attractive young man and he's got great bone structure. But if he feels it's not for him, it's not, he's quite a shy, unassuming lad really, but I wonder if that is an end to it?  Good to see Bella wasn't put out and was up for him going for it if he wanted to and it would pay better than Alf does.?

Tane submitting his CV for the gym manager job was last minute as it seemed from what Irene said Jasmine had already sorted them out and short listed them.  I'm guessing she still had Mia's from earlier on when Willow was still there so didn't need a manager then.?  Evasive reason as to why Jasmine wasn't able to conduct the interviews - "she's feeling a bit crook", though of course we know why.? John does have slightly more knowledge of the gym than Irene does but not much, but interviews needed two people really.  Good, as Irene said, to see the old John back, he was very anti Mia for no apparent reason but once Irene took over and started asking the right questions she found her confidence she got her own back.   She did seem more than qualified, she knows folk in the bay so a no brainer really.  

Although reluctant initially it's good that Tane has decided to be Ari until he can get back to work, as Ziggy pointed out it'll be another box ticked on his CV.

That was rather sad at the end when John saw the For Sale sign, he's been there a while after all from when he moved in when Gina lived there. 

It is unfair that Ari gets to move on and be happy while Mackenzie's left alone, but as Ziggy says, you have to move on anyway.I'm not sure that getting rid of any Parata-hangers-on from the restaurant is the right way to do it though.I like Chloe because Ryder likes her, and did feel for her a bit given her talk of this being the best job she's ever had, but she did actively sabotage Ari and Mackenzie's relationship by setting him and Mia up with that dinner, so I guess there's an element of karma to this.

Dean looked pretty much like a rabbit in the headlights when Amber said she loved him, but he had a similar response to her mention of marriage and kids and I apparently misinterpreted that, so jury's out.It wasn't the best time for Hurricane Roo to show up.

That is the way life works out sometimes, either the guy moves on or the woman does and the other is left behind, it was made it more harder this time because of Mac's miscarriage. 

Although it's good to see Mac getting back into the groove and I don't know much about the legalities of Australian employment laws but I'm pretty sure Mac can't fire Chloe just because she is Ari's step daughter.  Even Alf was in agreement it wasn't a valid reason.  As far as we've seen she is doing her job well, gets on well with the customers which is very important in the hospitality  trade.  The only complaint the other Salt workers could make is the number of times her and Ryder decide to check how many tins of beans they have in the stockroom.  ?  Chloe may well have set up that dinner between Ari and Mia but they were the ones who took it to the next stage, it could have gone pear shaped. 

Were we meant to get the impression Chloe and Ryder haven't slept together yet??  I have warmed to her now, she's a lot calmer, but still perky. 

Dean was taken aback a bit, but I think it was because he never expected to hear Amber say it and I don't think she'd say it lightly. 

I get Roo is a whizz at arranging things but I thought she was a bit sneery at the sight of Dean's scribbled names of the judges on his crumbled scrap of paper, go on she could have given him half a ✔️.

I quite liked the sound of John's bungalow having read the ad blurb, three bed, master with en suite, two bathrooms, I guess built in meant wardrobes?   it's a good space,  with very decent sized back garden, have we ever seen it?  Off road parking.  Same layout as the Paratas' but without the pool. I did smile a bit at 'quite cul-de-sac', well most of the time it is, if you don't count the odd violent gang roaring up and having a punch up with your neighbours and the police being  called out. 

I'm actually glad Mackenzie is firing Chloe.  She gives Chloe a job and Chloe repays Mackenzie by setting up her mum to steal Mackenzie's boyfriend.  Putting that aside, Chloe's often quite annoying anyway so I wouldn't mind seeing her get some bad news.  The only thing I don't like about it is that she's getting Ryder to do it.  I would rather Mackenzie told to Chloe herself.

When I saw the preview with Amber, my immediate thought was oh dear.  Now that she's on cloud 9 and said the L-word to Dean you'd think that it doesn't bode well as I still believe Dean has some residual feelings towards Ziggy but we'll see what happens.

Alf's episode count this block:Four.

I feel much the same as Slade where Mackenzie and Chloe are concerned. It was quite amusing to see Ryder trying to hide the fact Chloe was still working there and then giving up.As it turned out, Mackenzie fired Chloe quite politely, to the point that I actually wish she'd been harsher: In fact, she seemed to give Ryder a harder time! If, as the promo suggests, the tone of the next episode is going to be "Poor little Chloe has been sacked by big nasty Mac", I will not be impressed.

Well, Dean managed to put out that fire, just. I guess it remains to be seen whether Amber's happy being with someone who doesn't love her in the same way he perhaps loved Ziggy or Willow but is committed to her all the same: There does seem to be an element of it being because she and Jai come as a package, but there are worst reasons.

Typically, Leah seems to have found out more about Susie in an afternoon than the police have done in weeks: Do none of these police forces talk to each other?! Justin seems to have been downing pills nearly every time we see him, but him shopping around to find someone who'll give him more really doesn't bode well.

I won't be giving Ziggy any rewards in the counselling department anytime soon with Mackenzie she was pretty harsh with her I thought 

I'm not sure getting a motor bike for Ari to work on is classed as taking it easy either 

I got abit bored of Lewis once it turned out he was wrong about Christian

The interaction between Amber and Mackenzie felt weird initially.  Amber didn't want to be there and Mackenzie didn't want Amber there either.  They don't have much in common, there's an element of snobbery about Mackenzie and Amber is more your average girl but as Amber herself said with Willow gone, they're pretty much bound together by default (Ziggy would arguably be a better choice for Amber but she can't because of Dean).

I do respect Dean for being honest.  I think a lot of guys in that situation under pressure may have simply told Amber what she wanted to hear.  But if he's not feeling it, he's not feeling it.  The best chance is for Amber not to force things and just be patient.  She can't really do more than that.  I am in agreement that Dean's main motivation is Jai.  There is also a concern in addition to that (and I think Amber felt this initially) that Dean is on the rebound.  That's why Amber herself had reservations about moving in and getting involved in a relationship.    In one sense what Dean's doing is commendable but I'm not sure if that's enough for his feelings to change from somebody who is simply committed to raising a family to falling in love with the mother of his child.

So Mackenzie did actually do it herself...good.  I hope the fallout doesn't come back too badly on Ryder but I'm still glad she's fired Chloe.  I did feel  a little bit sorry for Chloe but that soon went after I saw the preview.

Again Justin's commentary - Referring to the intel Leah gathered on Susie as an encyclopedia was slightly amusing.

Chloe cannot be fired for personal reasons, it's unethical and pretty sure any employment tribunal would agree it'd be unfair dismissal.  Not a good message for any of her other staff "Your family better not upset me or you're out". OK Chloe did set Ari and Mia up but there was no guarantee  it'd work.  Besides, no-one 'stole' anyone, people aren't inanimate objects that can be picked up and run away with so why do people use that inane expression.?  Chloe's got a good work ethic, I'm guessing she turns up on time, is popular with the customers which is a very good asset to have in the hospitality industry.  I know I've repeated what I've said before but they are important points to make, she should be judged on her work NOT who she is - Ari's step daughter, Mia got it right in that respect, not that Chloe will thank her for interfering. She was very astute in dealing with the phone customer, but she has said previously I believe she'd work in bars/restaurants before so has picked up some pointers. 

Ryder didn't fire her, because he didn't agree with it.  Mac took her on, she should've have been the one to fire her.  Her 'reason' they are overstaffed, ?does the old 'last in in, first out' rule still apply or even legal?  I wasn't keen on Chloe when she first arrived but she's grown on me. 

Amber's another one I've warmed to, it's good to see her non prickly side.  Her "I love you" was an OMG moment and as I thought not said lightly, damn Roo stomping in just after not giving Dean the chance to respond, but then again maybe it was a timely interruption, giving him time to think.  Amber has been second best before, last time it was Willow Dean was rebounding from, but I think enough time has elapsed since his break up with Ziggy for it not to be the same case this time round. Amber and Dean were doing fine as a 'couple' who were living in the same flat and just happened to have a child between them.  Dean has matured a lot, the 'old' Dean would have run a mile, even without factoring Jai into the equation.  But he consulted Mac, who had already had Amber bending her ear about the same thing.  If Willow had been around I dare say he'd have been talking to her, she did know them both very well, a lot better than Mac. He was very honest with Amber, he doesn't want to tell her loves because he feels he ought to and it's the 'right' thing to say until he's means it as it so easy to say  it when you don't or aren't sure. Amber took it well and is willing to take things as they are, he does care for her and not just because she's  the mother of his son and they do get on well. 

The police do have other cases on their books and probably don't have the resources and going by what we've seen it's taken Leah an inordinate amount of time to find out what she has and a lot of people may not have reported 'Susie'/'Imogen'/? as they would felt ashamed to admit they'd been taken in so easily.  She's an experienced con woman so of course she'd have many names and likely changes her appearance every time. 

Meanwhile Justin is popping pain killers like they are Smarties and she's oblivious.  What's his plan, change doctors every time he needs a new prescription?  That's a very dangerous road to go down.   Brody was addicted to hard drugs but just as easy to get addicted to pain killers.  

Archived