2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis does indeed have the right to press charges against Christian for the assault/punch, had he been persuaded out of doing it before until after the internal investigation?  The assault had happened off hospital grounds so, I think that was the outcome, not a hospital matter, of course Lewis sees it them closing ranks. I imagine he, Lewis, is hoping for the best, in his eyes or worse in Christian's,  result that Christian is banged up and  gets struck off.  I'm no legal expert but depending on  whether Christian has a habit of going round hitting people and or as far as we have seen is a normal upstanding citizen,  he'll get fined and a GBB.  What that will mean workwise would be down to the Hospital Board.   I don't how how in earshot Tori and Jasmine were when Christian and Lewis were having their talk and how much they heard but they must have realised from their body language all was not well.  Christian was, under the circumstances, very calm  was just trying to get across to Lewis they needed to establish some sort of way they could work together, they, well  Lewis, is supposed to be a professional.  But he wanted none of it, doesn't he have  a boss Tori could talk to.  Would it normally be tolerated that a member of staff stands there gloating while another colleague, to keep it professional, is taken away by the cops?   

Jasmine is a right bind and he put her in a very awkward position when he just walked off his shift to go and report Christian  so she had to cover when Tori asked where he was.  Ideally one of them should transfer to another department so they are not in each others faces all the time or go, but which one?   

I like seeing this side of Dean and although Alf seemed a bit dismissive  of his suggestions he didn't completely shut them down.  Dean is finding out there is a lot more to putting on a Surf Comp than he realised,  but I suppose anyone who is just taking part wouldn't think a lot about what goes on behind the scenes.  Arranging sponsorships, who's doing what stalls, catering, banners, first aid, sorting insurance and a hundred and one other things.  He's roped in some of The Boys but others have their owns lives now  so can't commit. 

I hope Lelia gives them a good write up and doesn't make them look like idiots for trusting Susie/Imogen as much as the committee did.   As Alf explained to her, it wasn't just the Surf Club itself that would suffer, it would be the local community and local businesses.  It did appear John had grabbed the headlines though. 

Dean was well blind sided by Willow's news and did she really expect him to be overjoyed she was moving so far away?   Her telling him it was Amber's idea to get back in touch with Alex may not go down well.  As you say Red, Irene got it right, if it doesn't work out she can come back with 'her tail between her legs' but at least she would have tried and not spent the rest of life wondering 'what if?'

A nice, if extremely rushed, departure for Willow.She gets the necessary last chats with Dean and Bella, and a surprisingly big role for Amber who is definitely fitting in well.(That seems like Amber's first proper scenes with Bella since she got back: I think they were in the same scene for a few seconds after Ari was run over, but otherwise you'd forget they live together.)I was disappointed that Willow didn't get a farewell with Jasmine, but I guess she was one of the few that got to say goodbye last time.(Conversely, Alf, Roo and John get to say a quick goodbye just because they're in the episode.Yet nothing with ex-boyfriend Justin!)

Well, the article wasn't entirely complimentary about John, and maybe the surf club in general, but it seemed to do the job in gaining people's sympathy (or pity, as John put it).And yes, that's partly because John might have messed up but people know he's not a bad person, a lesson that Justin seemed to learn in their little bonding session.Justin's got his own problems of course.This doesn't seem like the tumour coming back, so I guess he's aggravated things again by going surfing before he was ready.

Willow's last departure was rushed but that was under different circumstances.   Amber managed to talk Dean round so enabling that talk between Dean and Willow on the pier, reminiscing about how far they'd come, in their life, it not geographically.  Was that a near kiss moment between them, they had been a couple a couple of times in the past.?  Nice that Roo, John and Alf got to say goodbye and typical John remark that she was the best gym manager they had, er so Robbo was rubbish? John was at Willow's last 'goodbye'. Jasmine missing the farewell do was one thing as she was working and it was spur of the moment but Justin(?) they meant a lot to each other at one time so yes odd that.  Things not thawed out enough between her and Ziggy then hence Ziggy's absence.  

Jasmine will have to advertise for  new gym manager again. 

Sweet, if brief, lunch with Bella, Amber, Dean and Irene, good she got a quite moment with Bella, thanking her again for letting her back into her life.  Rapid u-turn from Bella who from a few weeks ago, hated Willow, reconciled with her, now angry again  she is leaving and breaking up the family, Willow did say she was going nowhere, then forgiving her - again. You know if  he was still around Colby would be all for her finding happiness.  

John didn't help himself getting that headline as he hadn't phoned Leila back so she didn't get his side, just printed what others had said, suggested.  Great news that the local businesses do have enough faith in the Surf Club  to start making donations,  the one from the mum whose life had been saved due to the life guards trained by the club was really special.  

That was a nice moment Justin making his peace with John, after a good talking to from Leah, didn't John, personally lose money or am I getting confused?  Good analogy from her about him stuck in the sea and it was a good idea someone was there to help him and not just stand by, thinking "well you got yourself into this mess, you can get yourself out of it". 

I guess we could put most of Justin's grumpiness to his new back pain, that can really affect your mood, especially if he wasn't able to sleep, though as he said that was down to Tori and Christian talking most of the night.   Certainly sounds like it's something different and he's recognised he has to get it checked out and not just rely on dosing himself up with pain killers.   I said he'd been walking rather stiffly before the accident, maybe getting hit by that wave was the last straw?

I like Ryder and Chloe, to a lesser extent but I wanted to backhand both this episode!

If I were Nikau, I'd be telling Bella to play "We Will Rock You" on the pots and pans the following morning given the amount those two put away as they would be super hungover!

I actually quite enjoyed the youngsters' attempt at one-upmanship. Bella and Nikau did at least get a few hours together before the Ryder and Chloe hurricane swept through their peace and quiet: And yes, they know full well what they're doing.It was all done in good humour, complete with Bella's grumpy "I hate surprises."

I liked Dean almost accidentally getting Ryder on side by calling him the boss as well.He looked like he was going to run a mile from Amber last episode, so I was surprised that he actually seemed keen on the idea of the white picket fence deal with her here, and seemed to give her food for thought.

John offering Leah and Justin the house sale money was a nice thought but I can see why they turned it down.If he does sell, presuming he's not leaving the cast, where exactly is he going to go?

I suppose we could use the excuse Ryder and Chloe are a new couple to cover their exuberance and wanting to share it with  Nik & Bella, but I thought they would want time on their own.  The whole getaway was well planned so well done there Nikau, he must have been saving up for a while, does he pay rent as well and is Alf paying him too much?  It did look a lovely place and they had it to themselves, well for a while.  For all everyone slags off Mangrove River, it does have some nice secluded beauty spots.  It seemed to take forever to get there, but I thought Mangrove River wasn't that far away.?   Big mistake though Nik, leaving the address on the fridge, why not just his mobile number if Ari or anyone else wanted to get in touch?   Apart from Ryder's complaint "oh, it's dark, it's a long way" he and Chloe had been drinking.   Seems Bella did have a devious plan in mind to get rid of them.?

Dean was still evasive about what was wrong with Mac and how long she'd be off work, it's not really helpful, even if Dean did boost Ryder's confidence about him being boss while she's away.  How much clout does he have?

It seemed to me Amber was the more hesitant about her and Dean making their relationship official and having more children.   They did come to some sort of compromise as she didn't rule it out altogether, not just at the moment.  Jai has got more of her day  life back with Jai at school which she'd lose if she had a baby, though now Dean is around and he missed out on Jai's baby years.   No guarantee  Jai would immediately love or like a baby brother/sister, it doesn't always work that way. 

Good news then for Justin, was severe muscle strain, he just needs to take it easy which I'm sure he'll will this time.

More money coming into the club, Alf and John looked to be getting on well too.  That was a lovely gesture for John to make to Leah and Justin, especially as John can be, shall we say, careful with his money?, he also reconfirmed Susie had fleeced him of $50,000.     It wouldn't mean he'd need to leave the bay, there must be smaller places in the bay he can live, we haven't seen all of it.  It was sweet seeing him and Marilyn talking, his explaining that not all his memories of the place and it was his, not his and Marilyn's,  had been good.  I think, maybe, it belonged and if he is selling it, he must be the owner, not tenant, to him and Gina as she lived there before and when she died, her half became his? 

On 13/05/2021 at 21:11, H&Alover said:

Amber managed to talk Dean round so enabling that talk between Dean and Willow on the pier, reminiscing about how far they'd come, in their life, it not geographically.  Was that a near kiss moment between them, they had been a couple a couple of times in the past.?

Yeah I think they mentioned their past relationship and how they wished things had turned out differently for them as a couple.

Is it wrong that I found it utterly adorable that Ryder can recognise how Bella takes her photos? Anyway, the couple's prank war continued to be quite fun but it's for the best that they seem to have called a truce.I'm guessing the extra figure on the photo is just an enigmatic ending rather than leading somewhere. (Mind you, it looked like it could have been Nikau's shadow!)

Maybe it's not as simple as this but it feels like an obvious trick's being missed: Is it not possible for Leah and Justin to move into John's place? Even if they're just renting it off him? Still leaves the question of where John's going to live, of course. It's just Irene and Jasmine at the beach house now, right..?

Mackenzie opening up to Ziggy was a good start but now she seems to be trying to power on through without the power, and that was not the best time for Ari and Mia to decide to go out for breakfast.

Archived