2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

10 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I thought Tori already knew about Lewis and Jasmine but Jas had assured her it wouldn't affect her work, didn't it come out the other week? 

I didn't think they'd been together that long? It feels like only a week or two since Jasmine wouldn't kiss Lewis when Tori and Christian were nearby.

Lewis' delusions take another hard knock, as events fail to follow the narrative he's got in his mind again and it turns out Christian actually has saved Ari. Whether this will be enough to bring him back to reality and accept that Christian's not the person he wants him to be remains to be seen. Jasmine really should be picking up on all the red flags by now, with Lewis practically relishing the prospect of Ari dying.

Not a lot else going on.Justin surfing didn't seem like a very good idea, especially going out on his own, but seems to have worked out.It's hard to really care that Tane knows about Mackenzie's pregnancy, it's Ari finding out that will affect things.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rest of the staff at ND would have spotted the closeness between Lewis and Jasmine, hospital folk are quick to pick up n things like that, so I think Tori would have picked up on it too. 

I'm guessing that whatever Lewis was going to inject Ari with would have been undetectable so his death would have been attributed to his op  and the blame laid at Christian's door.  I thought I spotted Jasmine give Lewis some odd glances when he was coming out with some of the remarks he was making about Christian, nothing you could say was a deliberate slur, just on the snide side.  He did immediately assume it was bad news when he saw Chloe and Mia crying and hugging but his smile was soon wiped off his face when they said they were happy tears.  I was hoping Mia would thank Lewis again for being there for Ari the night before in front of Jasmine but she didn't.

The Parata's were doing what anyone else would have done, all second guessing what Christian would be asking/telling them regarding Ari's condition and the next steps.  Although not actual family I liked that Mia and Chloe were there for the conference.  Christian was honest about what taking Ari off the ventilator and bringing him out of the induced coma could mean.  No-one got angry and demanded to know why he didn't know which is a change.  Quite a few tense moments whilst waiting, but then he took his first unaided breaths and sighs of relief all round, not least I guess by Christian. Amazingly Ari hasn't seemingly suffered any brain damage, has kept his sense of humour by teasing Tane about asking who he was.  Mia slipped from the room, I'm thinking because as she had finished with Ari she felt she had no right to be there.  Not sure how long he's been in the coma but would he be sitting up already?  

Martha has then gone into a different hospital, one that treats people with conditions like hers.  Alf seemed a lot more relaxed knowing she is getting the help she needs and is happy there and he can visit her. 

Have I missed an episode when did Tane find out about Mac's pregnancy?  Last I saw she didn't even reveal it to Jasmine when they were at Salt and she was asking about Ari being brought out of his coma and assuming everything would be OK.  

Did Justin actually surf or just go out lying on the board?  Why, if he was annoying her so much by keep checking his phone, didn't Leah just take it off him? 

I don't suppose we know when we might be getting that extra episode?

11 hours ago, H&Alover said:

when did Tane find out about Mac's pregnancy?  

Did Justin actually surf or just go out lying on the board?  

I don't suppose we know when we might be getting that extra episode?

At the end of yesterday's episode. Yes, we saw Justin catching a wave. I don't think we even know if we're getting one.

I get where Tane's coming from but I don't really agree with him. It'd certainly be cruel for Mackenzie to tell Ari that she's pregnant with his child but she's getting rid of it, but we're not there yet.While Tane was right to fill Mackenzie in on Ari's history so she knows what she's dealing with, I think Ari's still entitled to give his opinion on the situation while Mackenzie's undecided.As both Dean and Tane said, she was literally ringing him up to tell him when she found out about the accident, so what's changed? That was a tragic story about Ari anyway.

Whilst Leah should probably do a complete shift at the Diner some time, I do kind of like how she and Justin still act like a couple of frisky teenagers.Ryder would have been better off keeping quiet than letting Roo stick her oar in.

Dean and Amber together...It could work.I think they do both like this family situation they've found themselves in and that's part of the reason for this.I think Amber made that comment about conceiving Jai on a beach before, but back then she was saying it to make Ziggy uncomfortable so Dean probably wasn't paying attention!

2 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

As both Dean and Tane said, she was literally ringing him up to tell him when she found out about the accident, so what's changed?

She saw Mia at Ari’s bedside and realised she didn’t want to play happy families with a guy who ditched her for some other girl.

The fact that Dean saw Mackenzie see that scene and assumed she was freaked out by Ari being in a coma, um no it was because Mia was their!

Also Nikau realised too late why after letting Mackenzie go see him and then apologised when she came back 2 seconds later after realising Mia was their and she didn’t want to see that!

7 hours ago, christine king said:

She saw Mia at Ari’s bedside and realised she didn’t want to play happy families with a guy who ditched her for some other girl.

That seems a bit weak. She already knew Ari and Mia had been together, and she's still undecided about keeping the baby, so I don't see how that changed anything with regards telling him.

Seen it now, Tane joking about Mac being pregnant then being told she was.   Justin did go for a quick surf, wasn't pushing himself though, just seeing if he could still do it, he did look a bit wary before entering the sea.  Alf back into giving good advice mode.  Definitely nothing wrong with Justin's back considering all the other exercise he's been getting. ?

Hadn't Mac found out Ari and Mia had split because of the all the trouble with Paul  and Chloe getting kidnapped so was going to tell Ari about the baby but saw Mia with him so changed her mind.  Her original reason for not telling him was because they weren't together anymore and she didn't want him to come back to her because he felt he ought to 'do the right thing'.    It would have been a very Ari thing to do. 

In two minds about Tane telling Ziggy and Mac about the pain Ari and Mia had gone through, three miscarriages then losing your premature son at 10 days old.?  Tane had been there through it all so knew how hard both of them had suffered and what it could do to him.  I know it's no excuse and  everyone has some control over what they do, but from what Tane said losing Kody tipped Ari  over the edge and into criminal activities and so to prison. If I understood him right Tane was saying Mac should only tell Ari she was pregnant if she was intending to keep the baby. Mac telling Ari she was pregnant but was having an abortion would be cruel, but that shouldn't force her into having the baby because she'd feel guilty not having it.  It'd be no use her doing it on the quiet either because these things always, always have a way of coming out.  

Yes indeed Dean and Amber a couple, was going to say as long as they don't rush it, but oops too late. Her pacing up and down showed her state of mind as to whether she should risk going there. ??  One delighted Jai the next morning.?  Rather lovely hearing them reminisce like that, but as Amber said before they (or she) has Jai to consider if things go wrong.  Dean is a lot more stable shall we say then he used to be, but can still go off half cocked on occasions.  He was more thoughtful this time round and told Amber where he was off to when he got the call from Ziggy so he could be there for Mac and didn't just disappear. 

Does anyone else see red flags being raised and sirens winding up regarding the purchase of Leah and Justin's house?  You know, in soaps, when things are going too well something will happen and we did get  a quick mention of it when Justin finally got his call. 

You have met Roo, haven't you Red? She is right though Ryder and Chloe can't kept dancing round each other, they need to know where they stand, either be a couple or friends. 

The Jai springing Dean and Amber in bed scene brought back memories of Ollie busting in on Aden and Belle in the Beach House!

"MUMMY AND DADDY SLEEP IN THE SAME BED!"

Outta the mouths of babes, eh?

And it looks like Susie's stitched Lustin up good and proper and is riding out of the bay on the first broomstick cackling evilly!?

On 25/04/2021 at 11:43, CaptainHulk said:

No Alf count this week? Ya feeling okay, Red?

Unfortunately, their "weeks" are no longer the same as our weeks.Hence...

Alf's episode count this block:Five!

I find Chloe a bit annoying, but if she makes Ryder happy, then she'll be in my plus column.And their interaction was rather sweet here. Their staged argument in front of Bella and Nikau was so unconvincing (seriously, they run out together like a couple of naughty school kids!) that I'm astonished their friends seemed to fall for it.

Dean and Amber could have done without Willow's attempt at an intervention, which just added a level of awkwardness.That said, I do understand why Willow felt the need to say something and she made some valid points, especially about the possibility of Amber disappearing again.Time will tell.It's hard to know whether Willow and Bella talking will change things or not.As Willow pointed out, they've had this conversation before and I don't think Bella has changed her stance since then.

Evidence that Susie is dodgy is becoming ever more compelling.I suspect I'm going to end this with a lot of unanswered questions but let's start with...what exactly is Susie meant to be? She's referred to as if she's a real estate agent, but there seems to be an agency handling the house sale, who Leah and Justin know about but have apparently never spoken to before.Was Susie meant to be working for them?Or was she always meant to be some sort of go-between?

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Unfortunately, their "weeks" are no longer the same as our weeks.Hence...

Alf's episode count this block:Five!

I find Chloe a bit annoying, but if she makes Ryder happy, then she'll be in my plus column.And their interaction was rather sweet here. Their staged argument in front of Bella and Nikau was so unconvincing (seriously, they run out together like a couple of naughty school kids!) that I'm astonished their friends seemed to fall for it.

Dean and Amber could have done without Willow's attempt at an intervention, which just added a level of awkwardness.That said, I do understand why Willow felt the need to say something and she made some valid points, especially about the possibility of Amber disappearing again.Time will tell.It's hard to know whether Willow and Bella talking will change things or not.As Willow pointed out, they've had this conversation before and I don't think Bella has changed her stance since then.

Evidence that Susie is dodgy is becoming ever more compelling.I suspect I'm going to end this with a lot of unanswered questions but let's start with...what exactly is Susie meant to be? She's referred to as if she's a real estate agent, but there seems to be an agency handling the house sale, who Leah and Justin know about but have apparently never spoken to before.Was Susie meant to be working for them?Or was she always meant to be some sort of go-between?

Susie seems to be like an American realtor, she finds the houses for her client but the homes are being sold by various estate agents.

Archived