2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only thought the Ryder and Theo and getting buried alive was good and packing Ryders lunch of ghost chill reapers was a amusing touch but it did seem odd that Ryder was the one who came up with the idea 

They really haven’t written Matthew well I don’t think I felt sorry for him throughout this story and the worst thing to happen between him and Mia I thought was a drunken one night stand he certainly didn’t deserve to die just for shouting at Mia

Martha wants to take hours a few times a week for her kidneys just have the operation silly woman 

They did pack a lot into half an hour!   

I had recorded it and did get a G warning and it was a pretty tough episode to have been shown early afternoon. 

That was one intense row between Matthew and Chloe and yes I agree what happened with Mia and him 20 years ago wasn't seen the same way as it is now and possibly it took years for Mia to realise it but Matthew didn't seem able to see it that way so as to be able to understand why Mia feels the way she does.  Once upon a time the a husband could rape his wife and it wasn't seen as a crime - just a domestic.  If he'd just acknowledged the possibility he'd got it wrong who knows how things would have turned out.  Chloe was very articulate in her argument as to did he just 'assume' because Mia didn't say no she was 'up for it'? She wasn't able to say yes or no, she did make the point just because he hadn't pinned her down didn't mean it wasn't rape.   Depending on what type of  barrister he is he  must have come across cases like this where it's the man's word against the woman's.  Matthew, it seemed, took it into his head Mia was behind Chloe telling him to do one, but she is an adult and perfectly capable to making a decision all by herself so no need for him to go charging round to the Parata's and having it out with her.  Feelings were high all round so what may have looked quite innocuous to anyone else to Chloe it looked liked Matthew was assaulting her mum so whacked him one to make him stop that's all she meant to do.  No way did she intend him to die but where she hit him, just behind the ear, is a very sensitive spot and a hard blow like that and that's it - you're dead.  How  Cash get to be following her so quick?  Was there actually someone at home  in the cul-de-sac and hear the whole row and see Mia drive off?  I guess we'll have to agree to  disagree regarding Chloe & Mia Red, agreed Chloe can be a right little madam but she is loyal to those she loves which says a lot about her and I do like Mia.  We'll have to see have to see how it pans out this week after Cash discovers the body in the boot - was that Matthew's car she took off in? I have read what occurs but my lips are ?.  

Theo and Ryder - another cliff hanger.  We should have guessed Theo wouldn't be hanging around the 'burial' site but only an hour has gone by so no need for panic or safe words just yet.  There's obviously a very strong signal wherever they are even including the fact Ryder is underground.  Text messages from both sides, some urging him to give up, others urging  him to carry on.  Just as well I'd recorded it, wouldn't have been able to read them all otherwise.  Why do the P'sTB do that - it is so annoying?!   I saw the meeting between Chloe and Theo differently - he seemed  genuinely concerned and  there didn't seem to be any hidden agenda. He didn't push about for further information just said if she wanted to talk he'd be back later.  Seems it's going to be a lot later than either of them reckoned it would.  I guess 'we' are to expect something to go wrong and Ryder will be in a desperate situation and running out of air and of course unable to reach Theo due to him being out cold and injured. Of course Theo is going to get blamed when for once it wasn't his idea. 

Btw  how is Ryder going to last for five hours without a loo break??

I'm wondering if Martha's sudden u-turn is because deep down she is feeling guilty about how she deserted Roo all those years ago and feels she doesn't deserve to receive her kidney? ? I'm guessing Martha's surgeon/consultant had been to see her when we moved away from them?  Although he didn't have to be there I liked how Logan went to see her before she had her op - or not as it turned out - as he was there at the start of it all.  Was that silent scene of Alf in the chapel meant to be him acknowledging he'd got his answer to his question by Martha's refusal so that is how things are meant to be? 

I saw the positive with Tane managing to persuade Flick to actually listen and talk to Cash after relating how it was between him and Ari for years after Mikaere was killed and how they were estranged for so long.  Talking with Cash is a start and she actually came out and said she hadn't realised how hard it must have been for him all these years, the hug between them was quite moving.  Why their dad didn't feel they were enough to carry on will never be answered.  Now maybe she and Cash can start to heal. Who would have thought few weeks/months back Tane and Cash would be on such amicable terms. 

Was it just me or was Jasmine shuffled off to one side again - she disappeared into her bedroom when Flick came back. 

Another positive - depending on how you look at it of course - was Mac congratulating Ari and Mia on their engagement and meaning it. 

Will we be starting on 2022 season next week? 

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

How  Cash get to be following her so quick?  Was there actually someone at home  in the cul-de-sac and hear the whole row and see Mia drive off?

It's probably safe to assume Mia was speeding and it was just a chance encounter. ?

We should have guessed Theo wouldn't be hanging around the 'burial' site but only an hour has gone by so no need for panic or safe words just yet.

What if the lid of the coffin had given way under the weight of the earth though - he should have stuck around to supervise regardless. ?‍♂️

Btw  how is Ryder going to last for five hours without a loo break??

Residents of Summer Bay only go to the toilet once or twice a year - it must be all that ozone in the seaweed (two points if you get that one).

17 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Yeah, Dan will unlock it tomorrow.

It will actually unlock itself at midday - I know, all the mod-cons here! ?

As a sidenote there's only 6 more posts needed in this thread to reach 1000 posts....

So pre-swerving-to-avoid-a-kangaroo-Dean is back.

Didn't like Irene guilt-tripping Roo like that although Martha isn't doing herself any favours.

Mackenzie sulking and whining about Logan was funny.

Whilst I think he should have been mindful re Ziggy, I did find Justin's remark about Mackenzie and Logan moving in together so soon quite amusing.

I do like how committed Tane is to Felicity and in addition to being held hostage by Anne they also share having lost a loved one but there is a concern with regards to her being high maintenance that he might get fed up eventually.

Given that he travelled from the city to see Chloe there was no way Matthew was going to give up without talking to her first.  I was disgusted with Mia.  Firstly for not calling an ambulance or the police after Chloe smashed the rock against the back of his head and then trying to get rid of him.  I have to admit I did laugh after Cash pulled her over, he got out, walked to the car and she sped off.

I initially thought judging by the return of the semi-comical nature of their scenes, the Ari/Mia show was back on.  And Mackenzie even appeared to seem genuinely happy for them, at least in front of them.  But given what's happened I don't think the wedding's going to happen anytime soon.  Good!

20 hours ago, Dan F said:

It's probably safe to assume Mia was speeding and it was just a chance encounter. ?

What if the lid of the coffin had given way under the weight of the earth though - he should have stuck around to supervise regardless. ?‍♂️

Residents of Summer Bay only go to the toilet once or twice a year - it must be all that ozone in the seaweed (two points if you get that one).

It will actually unlock itself at midday - I know, all the mod-cons here! ?

As a sidenote there's only 6 more posts needed in this thread to reach 1000 posts....

Cheers for that Dan F.

• 1 month later...

Archived