Quick Questions

Si-Co

On 03/04/2022 at 06:27, project90 said:

What regular characters have joined with some kind of Army background? I can think of Roman John and Logan that it. I'm not counting characters who leave to join the army like Lance and Jett talking about the ones who arrived in the bay having already left

14 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Tom and Alf.

Ben was another one (well, technically he was still in the army when he joined). Nev was mentioned as being a WW2 vet.

On 03/04/2022 at 06:27, project90 said:

What regular characters have joined with some kind of Army background? I can think of Roman John and Logan that it. I'm not counting characters who leave to join the army like Lance and Jett talking about the ones who arrived in the bay having already left

Travis Nash was in the peacekeeping forces.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, project90 said:

What are the ages of the following characters? Even rough guess would be fine

Alf

Irene 

Marilyn 

John

Roo

Alf would be 76 going by his age in 2005. I think we've been given an exact DOB for Irene at one point but it's been contradicted: I think she's about 69. Not sure if we've ever been given an exact age for Marilyn: I've heard it claimed she was 19 when she first appeared but I don't recall it ever being said and I think later comments suggest she's about 52. John was given a birthday on screen in 2011 but I think I forgot what it was, he might be 62. Roo would be about 51 going by her age in the first season, possibly she's meant to be slightly older these days but not by much.

• Thanks 2

On 04/05/2022 at 19:02, CaptainHulk said:

Maz was reported as 22 in 1990

Palmer did lie about his age to make himself younger in a birthday ep lol 

Yes this. I can't remember his age but I think it was early 50s (52 I think) and he was pretending to be late 40s. 

24 minutes ago, hapitoby said:

Yes this. I can't remember his age but I think it was early 50s (52 I think) and he was pretending to be late 40s. 

That's correct, he wanted people to think he was 49 but was busted when the cake came out with 52 on it.

John's DOB is on his character profile https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/john-palmer/