Alf's sisters

EndlessSummer

What does everyone think about Alf and his relationships with his sisters (Morag, Celia, Barbara, Colleen and Debra)?  In my opinion Alf is closest to Morag and Colleen and has a strained relationship with Celia, Barbara and Debra. 

Would anyone like to see a return of Barbara, Celia or Colleen? Also what does everyone think about his unseen sister Debra? Should she be introduced to the bay? 

• 2 weeks later...

He was close to Celia in the early years and really didn't have much time for Morag (especially as Morag bullied Celia a lot and she also hated his wife Ailsa). He became close to Morag in the mid 2000s when Morag started making regular appearances and was no longer nasty in a villainous manner, so they gradually got closer.

I wouldn't say he has a strained relationship with Celia at all, unless it's just for comedy purposes.

I’d like more to be made of some of Alf’s relationships in the bay currently before we bring in more. He and Irene for example act like total strangers at times, not people who’ve known each other for 28 years. There’s the odd “love” or “Irene Roberts is a good woman” but very little sign of a friendship, which there was in the past. I’d kill for someone to mention Ailsa, but she’s almost been wiped from the history books these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2019 at 12:14, EndlessSummer said:

Could anyone like to see a return of Barbara, Celia or Colleen? Also what does everyone think about his unseen sister Debra? Should she be introduced to the bay? 

I'd never like to see a return from Colleen :lol:

One of the most irritating and OTT characters the show has ever had. 

I didn't like Barbara much either - I guess she was the "normal" one compared to Alf, Celia and Morag. They were all so stubborn and had such strong personalities, whereas I feel Barbara was a bit boring in comparison. 

I'd love to see Celia back and I loved her relationship with Roo in the early years, but what would she do? Just catch up with Alf and Roo and disappear again?  

As for Debra, it's a mystery why we've never met her. Surely there is a completely blank canvas for Stewart relatives in future years. 

On 10/11/2019 at 18:34, adam436 said:

I'd never like to see a return from Colleen :lol:

One of the most irritating and OTT characters the show has ever had. 

I didn't like Barbara much either - I guess she was the "normal" one compared to Alf, Celia and Morag. They were all so stubborn and had such strong personalities, whereas I feel Barbara was a bit boring in comparison. 

I'd love to see Celia back and I loved her relationship with Roo in the early years, but what would she do? Just catch up with Alf and Roo and disappear again?  

As for Debra, it's a mystery why we've never met her. Surely there is a completely blank canvas for Stewart relatives in future years. 

I found Barbara to definitely not be normal in 1996. 

I didit think there was ever  anything that was not  normal about Alf and even Celia was not someone i call not normal if i knew someone like Celia in real life

• 2 months later...

Archived