Cancellation/Timeslot Change Rumours

Bri1231

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine it would be cancelled over in Aus as it seems more popular than Neighbours.

Also Five has a lifetime deal for H&A, so it'd be silly of them to drop it.

I think the press have been saying the same about Hollyoaks as well, even though they've won awards recently and it still seems very popular, so I can't imagine it'll actually happen.

33 minutes ago, Lunar said:

I can't imagine it would be cancelled over in Aus as it seems more popular than Neighbours.

I think the press have been saying the same about Hollyoaks as well, even though they've won awards recently and it still seems very popular, so I can't imagine it'll actually happen.

The issue is in Australia though not Channel Five here. The cancellation would be a total one. 

54 minutes ago, Skylover said:

I doubt it'll end. It'd be more likely to move to digital I'd have thought.

Hopefully it will be that option. Would hate for it to end! 

It's worth a full read of the original story that the tabloids are using selective snippets of to provide their clickbait:

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/1/15/seven-home-away

The claims made there talk about the options that Seven are allegedly considering in regards to channel/timeslots. Nowhere does it mention that they are considering axing it altogether.

3 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

The issue is in Australia though not Channel Five here. The cancellation would be a total one. 

Hopefully it will be that option. Would hate for it to end! 

Oh I know, I just meant I can't see Australia cancelling it or Channel Five dropping it if that was rumoured as well. 

I think it would make sense to maybe change the time slot and possibly scrap the triple episodes. It would save them having the one episode on the main Seven channel and then people having to switch over to 7Two sometimes for the others, as I imagine that might cause a viewer drop during those weeks.

3 hours ago, Dan F said:

It's worth a full read of the original story that the tabloids are using selective snippets of to provide their clickbait:

The claims made there talk about the options that Seven are allegedly considering in regards to channel/timeslots. Nowhere does it mention that they are considering axing it altogether.

Have read it. There are options! I can never see it ending! I hope not. 

25 minutes ago, Lunar said:

Oh I know, I just meant I can't see Australia cancelling it or Channel Five dropping it if that was rumoured as well. 

I think it would make sense to maybe change the time slot and possibly scrap the triple episodes. It would save them having the one episode on the main Seven channel and then people having to switch over to 7Two sometimes for the others, as I imagine that might cause a viewer drop during those weeks.

They just need to adapt the time. The triple eps have been a disaster also. And I cant speak for Australians but a different time? As the competition seems too much? 

4 hours ago, Dan F said:

I think the issue is they alienated the core and steadfast audience, so now when characters leave like the original River Boys there’s seen to be a ratings “crisis” - Neighbours (or at least the network) did the same thing and have never recovered.

It would be terrible if the show was cancelled full stop, particularly as I've only just started watching it again and am really enjoying it.

I think the streaming option, followed by five nightly eps on 7TWO sounds like the most sensible idea.

Do viewers really care what time or channel a show is on at anyway?  If they want to watch it, they will go and find it.

If the show was being cancelled and it was to be at the end of the current season, they must be getting close to filming the 2019 finale now.  

6 hours ago, Lunar said:
6 hours ago, Lunar said:

Clickbait just like the press tried to claim about Hollyoaks being axed rumours, which didn't take long for Channel 4 to strongly dismiss and reaffirm their strong commitment to the show.  H&A definitely has more life in it, it's improving IMO and is more character driven and moved away from the constant gang focused, it's better than Neighbours for me atm, but Neighbours is obviously more popular...

Archived