Cancellation/Timeslot Change Rumours

Bri1231

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

Whole thing was completely misleading as Sam Frost only was talking about they might run out of episodes to air if they don’t return to film after few months. 

Yes.  When you actually read it, the ratings decline is for another show entirely, not H&A.  676,000 for the Metro area sounds pretty good to me.

I guess that's why they call it the 'Daily Fail'.

It'll be fine.The same rumours are constantly going around in circles.They probably will have to cut episodes at some point simply due to the fact that they haven't filmed for a few weeks and it seem unlikely that they will be anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, ~Lynd~ said:

It'll be fine.The same rumours are constantly going around in circles.They probably will have to cut episodes at some point simply due to the fact that they haven't filmed for a few weeks and it seem unlikely that they will be anytime soon.

Seven must be fairly confident of keeping the show on screen in some capacity for a period of time after bringing it back in the regular Mon-Thu slot.  They could always reduce the number of screenings (like the UK), rather than take it off air completely again.  I guess ratings and what happens with the virus will determine what they do.

On 12/07/2019 at 17:36, CaptainHulk said:

Home and Away has never really had threats on its life like Emmerdale or Neighbours have.

This is true.  Emmerdale was hugely under threat before Yorkshire Television really started to invest in it in the 90s and become the second soap, a role Crossroads had vacated in the late 80s.  Neighbours has always had the UK market to fall back on, but in Australia it's not a big deal at all from what I can gather.

Viewing patterns in all markets will be all over the place, it's been mentioned elsewhere the evening showing in the UK was performing very badly and one wonders if it will come back post-Pandemic.

I would imagine Seven will need to ration episodes at some point, but showing four a week does mean they will have a decent stockpile.  The fortnight break will have also helped, although that's offset by there being no Olympics.

Archived