Martha Stewart Sr - Belinda Giblin

Blaxland 89

Just saw the new profile for Martha. Thanks Dan. 

And reminded me of a conversation in the old days about how bobbys life with al and Doris was actually okay until the anonymous money stopped coming in. With Martha as the go between gone, al turned nasty as he never wanted Bobby really any way. 

Would have been good if this was addressed the year but just makes it even more farcical. I still don't know how a simple country girl managed to come up with this elaborate plan of a fake drowning. What about her parents? We know nothing. So many unanswered questions.

On 12/09/2018 at 08:33, Blaxland 89 said:

And reminded me of a conversation in the old days about how bobbys life with al and Doris was actually okay until the anonymous money stopped coming in. With Martha as the go between gone, al turned nasty as he never wanted Bobby really any way. 

Would have been good if this was addressed the year but just makes it even more farcical.

I mentioned this in the thread about Martha's return "storyline". Did she really, knowingly, abandon Bobby with no means for Morag to get money to her? Highly farcical... even if she was depressed and not thinking straight, Alf would have mentioned this during their reunion.

Edited by Sally Keating
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 03/10/2018 at 14:29, j.laur5 said:

I would like Anne Charleston to play her as she has never been in H&A. 

Deirdre Kean, eh?

I like Belinda Giblin, she seems like a great Martha.

Now onto my own post...

How much was Martha brought up after 1988/1989? Did Alf possess her "death certificate" or not?

Edited by Luigi Severus Fletcher

7 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Deirdre Kean, eh?

I like Belinda Giblin, she seems like a great Martha.

Now onto my own post...

How much was Martha brought up after 1988/1989? Did Alf possess her "death certificate" or not?

a few times in 88 particularly at Mother's Day and when Roo was jealous of Ailsa and after Martha Jr was born once in 1989 as i recall when Bobby was trying to find her parents and Alf told Ailsa (who in turn told Bobby) about the diaries Martha kept which had the identity of her mother in them as to the death certificate one would have been issued in 1984/85 when Martha Sr was presumed dead but we never saw Alf with it