Cornelia Frances has died

Kellicopter

16 minutes ago, Jen said:

Some beautiful tributes from the H&A cast. Thoughts and prayers with Cornelia's family and friends.

Morag was always one of those characters that it felt like they could just call at the drop of a hat and she'd turn up all guns blazing ready to defend or blast whoever needed it. She really was part of so many generations of H&A viewers' experience of the show. Iconic.

Where can we see the tributes from the cast?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, dee123 said:

There won't be an onscreen funeral. After the revelation that H&A does not want to put a spotlight on it's history and age in the fear it will drive away younger viewers (which is such a moronic idea, but that discussion is for another time) it's just not gonna happen. 

Morag was iconic and should be celebrated with a couple of characters returning for her funeral but like I said it ain't gonna happen. Would love to be proved wrong. 

I hope you are wrong too. She was a foundation character, major recurring one throughout the years and wanted a permanent role but the writers couldn't think up creative stories for her so nothing was really suited. Point is she is iconic. The least the current writers and producers can do is honour one of the greats from the show. Sadly, I think you are right but I am hoping commonsense and the right thing prevails here. Hell, I know how to write scripts. Maybe I can write something and send it in :P

2 hours ago, lozza018 said:

I'm devastated by her passing but Its lovely to see so much love for Cornelia. I absolutely loved her character on the show, however,  It's just a pity the Home and Away producer's were so oblivious to her popularity. She could outperform any of those younger actors any day! 

RIP Cornelia. You will be missed.

All they care about is how someone looks in Swimwear, acting experience not required.

7 hours ago, its.like.that said:

I hope you are wrong too. She was a foundation character, major recurring one throughout the years and wanted a permanent role but the writers couldn't think up creative stories for her so nothing was really suited. Point is she is iconic. The least the current writers and producers can do is honour one of the greats from the show. Sadly, I think you are right but I am hoping commonsense and the right thing prevails here. Hell, I know how to write scripts. Maybe I can write something and send it in :P

If they wanted to sever ties they'd have written Alf out, nor would you see Morag back every time someone was in court.

Hard to pick her at her best.  Probably the Ian Osbourne saga when he fitted a load of webcams in the Beach House.

4 hours ago, James Martin said:

If they wanted to sever ties they'd have written Alf out, nor would you see Morag back every time someone was in court.

Hard to pick her at her best.  Probably the Ian Osbourne saga when he fitted a load of webcams in the Beach House.

I completely forgot about that, or at least Morag's involvement in it.

Even though she wasn't a main character, she was such a huge part of 2001-2008. She shaped a lot of stories. I think Bevan Lee, Daniel Bennett and Coral Drouyn all understood the importance of her character and how she could be utilized more than any of the other Script Producers did. Well, it's demonstrably evident really.

Wasn't there a whole episode dedicated to her being investigated by Peter Baker, it was pretty much the only story in the episode. I can't remember though.

10 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Thank heavens for fans doing things like this. Tearful at the end

Haha 0:23 "She's coming. Gullible little FOOL." ?

So many moments I'd forgotten. Shame there's not more of Marilyn as Morag's housekeeper. I remember an episode where Marilyn is wittering on about what it must be like to travel and see different places, she then stops dusting and goes right into Morag's face and says, as if Morag's a child, "Have YOOOOOOOU ever been on holiday?" and Morag's like "Um, yes, once or twice."  I love the way Morag secretly liked Marilyn, for no explainable reason.

Yes, tearful at the end.

22 minutes ago, Trudy Heine said:

Just heard about Cornelia / Morag today, very sorry to her family and friends. One of my favourite Morag moments is when she's telling off Nicole when she first arrived. And when she's fishing with Ross and says "I hate fish!"

My favorite moment is when Alf is tired of Morag being so negativ and finale tells her off and when Tasha pushed her into the pool :P I wist these two scenes were on YouTube, would love to see them again ?

On 01/06/2018 at 10:31, Blaxland 89 said:

Thank heavens for fans doing things like this. Tearful at the end

Wow such a beautiful tribute video of Cornelia on Home and Away as Morag! I had really enjoyed watching her on Home and Away in the past as she was my favourite character.

RIP Cornelia. All my thoughts go to her family and friends. 

I loved the episode when Colleen was soo excited after finding out that she was Alf and Morag's older half-sister. Their faces were so priceless, haha. ? 

Archived