Cornelia Frances has died

Kellicopter

She will be missed.

Cornelia worked best with Ray, Nicolle, Lyn, Peter, Norman and Fiona. 

I think it would be fitting for them to retire her character in the near future, preferably within the next year.

Here's to you, Summer Bay's ORIGINAL Savage.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such sad news. 

Also TV 2 Norway, the channel which air "Home and away" has an article about her death on their website. It was similar to the articles in Australian media. https://www.tv2.no/a/9885930/

And even on the website for the tabloid magazine "Se og Hør", there is a small article about her death. 

Morag was one of my favourites. She was hard and tough, but in the 00's she softened and got more realistic. That version was the one I loved. I really loved her interaction with the younger cast as Martha, Rick, Cassie and Aden. And I loved her with Alf and with Colleen. The episode when Colleen was finding out she was a Stewart with the reactions from Morag and Alf, that is one of my favourite episodes ever. Cornelia played Morag so well! 

1 minute ago, jodlebirger said:

Such sad news. 

Also TV 2 Norway, the channel which air "Home and away" has an article about her death on their website. It was similar to the articles in Australian media. https://www.tv2.no/a/9885930/

And even on the website for the tabloid magazine "Se og Hør", there is a small article about her death. 

Morag was one of my favourites. She was hard and tough, but in the 00's she softened and got more realistic. That version was the one I loved. I really loved her interaction with the younger cast as Martha, Rick, Cassie and Aden. And I loved her with Alf and with Colleen. The episode when Colleen was finding out she was a Stewart with the reactions from Morag and Alf, that is one of my favourite episodes ever. 

I actually always got impression that Morag like Colleen better then Celia. 

20 hours ago, its.like.that said:

For an on screen funeral the main characters you need to come back are Fiona and Lyn. Everyone else is there. So it shouldn't be that hard to organise. 

It's doable. 

There won't be an onscreen funeral. After the revelation that H&A does not want to put a spotlight on it's history and age in the fear it will drive away younger viewers (which is such a moronic idea, but that discussion is for another time) it's just not gonna happen. 

Morag was iconic and should be celebrated with a couple of characters returning for her funeral but like I said it ain't gonna happen. Would love to be proved wrong. 

9 hours ago, jodlebirger said:

Such sad news. 

Morag was one of my favourites. She was hard and tough, but in the 00's she softened and got more realistic. That version was the one I loved. I really loved her interaction with the younger cast as Martha, Rick, Cassie and Aden. And I loved her with Alf and with Colleen. The episode when Colleen was finding out she was a Stewart with the reactions from Morag and Alf, that is one of my favourite episodes ever. Cornelia played Morag so well! 

I liked the relationship she built up with Romeo back in 2011 when she was there for a half year

I'm devastated by her passing but Its lovely to see so much love for Cornelia. I absolutely loved her character on the show, however,  It's just a pity the Home and Away producer's were so oblivious to her popularity. She could outperform any of those younger actors any day! 

RIP Cornelia. You will be missed.

Some beautiful tributes from the H&A cast. Thoughts and prayers with Cornelia's family and friends.

Morag was always one of those characters that it felt like they could just call at the drop of a hat and she'd turn up all guns blazing ready to defend or blast whoever needed it. She really was part of so many generations of H&A viewers' experience of the show. Iconic.

Archived