Cornelia Frances has died

Kellicopter

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this elsewhere as well but if anyone deserves a memorial episode in her honour during the 30th Anniversary year it is Cornelia Francis and her character Morag.  I don’t know the best way to appeal to the H&A powers that be.  Please have them find a way for Alf to grieve and mourn her passing and remember her many key moments. 

She became the champion of the underdog, the one person people could turn to for sage legal and personal advice. I can’t imagine another future courtroom drama without someone seeing if Morag could help.  She was unforgettable and a bedrock of the H &A canon. 

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2018/05/29/cornelia-frances-dies/

We've lost a true legend today.

We first became aware of Corney's illness back in November 2016 - we actually had an in-depth interview planned with her for the site, and she'd graciously invited Matt to her home in order to conduct it.

It was only a week before the interview, and only a week or so after she finished filming her final stint on Home and Away, that she received her cancer diagnosis. We obviously postponed and we'd all hoped to re-schedule at a later date, and she did keep in touch, but regrettably it never came to fruition.

We will be adding a fuller tribute to Corney in the next few days—whilst we sadly knew what was coming and had begun to make preparations, it's still come as a shock.

1 hour ago, cintim said:

I posted this elsewhere as well but if anyone deserves a memorial episode in her honour during the 30th Anniversary year it is Cornelia Francis and her character Morag.  I don’t know the best way to appeal to the H&A powers that be.  Please have them find a way for Alf to grieve and mourn her passing and remember her many key moments. 

She became the champion of the underdog, the one person people could turn to for sage legal and personal advice. I can’t imagine another future courtroom drama without someone seeing if Morag could help.  She was unforgettable and a bedrock of the H &A canon. 

It will be hard with current screening but surely they could find a way to film an episode where Alf gets the call and they do a funeral.

Not sure if its doable with all their schedules but surely if its possible Channel 7 wouldn't disagree with an extra episode for this year. Just film it in a couple weeks from now.

But it will be interesting to see how they play it in to the current script. Hopefully it isn't a quick 5 min thing where Alf gets a call and goes to the city and never been mentioned again.

With the little work Alf is doing they surely can give him extra work to grieve if they dont do the above. I'm sure Ray won't mind extra work in this situation.

Plus everyone knows this was coming so hopefully they were thinking ahead with a few things

RIP Cornelia Frances. A true legend. Too soon. Heart goes out to family and friends. For Morag's exit storyline it would be good if they got in Someone who knows the show's history well, like Bevan Lee or Dan Bennett etc, to write it properly. ?

For me and perhaps it’s a little too soon to discuss this, they’d have to get someone like Dan Bennett to write it, so it’s written for Cornelia to pay true justice to Morag. I believe Alf went to the city at one point because Morag wasn’t well, which is why she couldn’t represent Brody (I think), so they’ve set some seeds. Morag’s last wishes should be for her ashes to be scattered in the bay so she could be with Bobby, with her will leaving the majority of her estate to Sam (with Alf, Celia, Barbara, Colleen and Debra? mentioned - if not her nieces & nephews) - showing Morag had made peace with Summer Bay and had truly repented for what had happened with Bobby.

Edit: Actually, no, she should leave her estate to Pippa to donate to a foster care charity of her choice for being the Mother to Bobby that she couldn’t be.

Archived