2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

My thought on the car was that presumably it needs petrol so either Ross is a mechanical genius who's running a self-sufficient car, or he does a lot of sneaking into petrol stations after hours and poking holes in the tanks, or he gets money from somewhere.As for where Dean was when the rest of Colby's friends were at Salt, he was at the flat with Bella.(So why weren't they both there?Don't ask me, I only watch it...)I forgot to mention yesterday that Robbo evidently does know Bella's around, even though we've had no reaction from him to sharing his flat with her.

Anyway...Tori is now lying not only to Robbo but also to Justin.We did at least get clarification on the legal situation but as Justin said, that's not really the point.She knows what she's doing is wrong but she's so fixated on this being her "last chance" that she's justifying it.And I'm getting this horrible feeling that if the implantation works and she goes to term, at some point Robbo is going to be happy about it and forgive her and the show will be sending out the message that what Tori did was okay because it turned out for the best.

Not much to say about Brody/Ziggy/Simone other than to reiterate my thoughts from last week: Brody is being a bit naive and possibly giving Simone the wrong signals but Ziggy isn't doing herself any favours by being so confrontational all the time.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D.B. The fact Robbo and Lauren had their honeymoon on Fiji would make it more of a no-no, not that Jasmine had any idea until she asked him why, not that he didn't want to go on holiday just not there.   I do like that although he comes across as this tough guy whose still getting to grips with being a people person now again like then we see his vulnerable side. First we have heard he does know about Bella when he told Jasmine she SG and Colby had gone away for a few days. On that subject have I missed something or has Colby not been working for the past few weeks, first he was off overnight tracking down Bella then the few days he was with her de brainwashing her and now he's off again. That's two cops Yabbie Creek cop shop are down.

Good to see Robbo is still supporting Willow, Jasmine ready to pitch in too and she seems to be getting to grips with her studying but isn't that going against all she was whinging to Jasmine & SG about the other week that she wasn't the person she used to be or was that just Justin? 

Oh T what have you done!:angry::o  Exactly Red, the legal side of it doesn't really come into it it's the moral side. She had no right to browbeat Jasmine like that, though some could argue she had no right to speak on Robbo's behalf, Tori was lucky Jasmine forgave her like she did. Yes it was Tori who went through the miscarriage but it doesn't just affect the mother if a father is involved it affects him too more so sometimes perhaps as everyone supports the woman, in this case Robbo more than it would another bloke.  I was convinced like Justin she had accepted it, but something went ping in her brain to change her mind.  OK let's assume it works she's not going to be able to hide the pregnancy for ever what then?  Mason knows something is going down even with his fretting about his internship but very wisely keeping out of it. I know you are going to disagree here Red but with all this tension with Tori and Justin,  it looking like Mas didn't get good news and  the potential time bomb with Brody and Ziggy maybe Raffy is better off at John & Marilyn's.

Simone aka Demelza - sorry - I don't know whether to believe  her excuse the fact she had her and Brody's photo on her phone was because she changes it every week or because she does have a thing for him.  Ziggy as I  said before is not very good at doing restrained/subtle.  Her suggestion/hint of what Simone would do at the end of her placement - hey go to the city - plenty of opportunities there!  Simone's not quite griping to Brody about Ziggy stirred things up, deliberately (?). :unsure:  Ziggy not really helping either by dropping the word husband into most conversations.  Brody was right something they should talk about at  home not where he works and in  in front of everyone. Another bloke may have caught on before now if Simone does have a thing for him but I don't think Brody has been in that position before.

Robbo was present on Wednesday when Colby and Chelsea were chatting about going away with Bella, so he must have known she was around by then.

Alf's episode count this week:Four. For some reason, Leah didn't appear at all.(Neither did Roo and Coco but we know where they are.)

So, Simone has definitely crossed the line now.I'm almost glad about it because it felt like we were getting the same "Ziggy gets jealous of Brody and Simone and causes a scene then realises after a pep-talk that she trusts Brody" storyline every week.I meant to mention yesterday that Brody obviously knew the photo was being taken (and so did Ziggy actually) so her response was a bit over the top.I wouldn't say Brody kissed her back but he took his time pulling away and his response of "I'm married, I can't do this" rather than something along the lines of "What the heck are you doing?" is somewhat worrying.Is he saying he had to think about it?

Poor Mason, the universe really does like dumping on him.I'm guessing that his disciplinary record factored into it here: I think he's a decent chap but I can see how it would look bad on paper.I get why he's crushed at the moment and not ready to think about things like that, as he indicated to Justin, but I'm assuming he's still qualified and at worst he can apply again with the next intake.Of course, then he'll be competing with next year's graduates.Maybe he can apply if someone drops out?Or look further afield?

I'm slightly annoyed at John and Marilyn deciding to drag Raffy off to Canberra with them, even with a token "Justin agreed it was a good idea".(No word on whether or not they asked Raffy but I imagine she'll be up for it if they do.)I guess if it's just for the weekend that's fine, although "two or three nights" seems like pushing it, but I wouldn't be happy about them dragging her out of school rather than leave her with her family so they can act as though Jett's her brother now.

Well I guess Simone snogging the face off Brody puts paid to any doubts about how she feels about him.  I know it's an old cliché but he didn't have much choice about it as she was holding onto his face while doing it.  Was  a strange reaction - she already knows he's married. I did notice in that 'private' talk between Brody & Ziggy Simone was visible in the background so must have a good idea of what was going down between them.  True Ziggy & Brody knew about the selfie, but Simone putting it on her phone as a screen saver was a different matter.  Was Brody just being a caring employer when Dean was cracking onto Simone or something more?:unsure:  Liked the scene between Ben & Maggie when he was dithering about whether to have  a word with Brody, which he did anyway, then Marilyn came over and was talking about her not interfering with John's hang up over Dean the look Maggie gave him said it all.

Loved the stand off between Dean & John when Ben gave Dean the keys to  lock up and John didn't want to leave Dean alone and Dean was deliberately staying put.:D

I don't how whoever decides who gets what internship works but the way the letters were sent out seems a bit random.  Do they send out letters of confirmation first then the ones that didn't get a place and was Mason the only one not to get  a place? He must be devastated that after five years of hard work  he's got nothing.  Wasn't too keen on Justin suggesting he could get Tori to have a word , I imagine Mason would want to get it on merit not because a relative pulled strings.

Do Jett & Raffy even know each other?  At least Justin did get a mention and they aren't taking her without getting his OK.

Can't believe Justin let Raffy go so easily.  My jaw dropped when he told Marilyn that Raffy could stay with them permanently.

Over the moon about Ryder and Raffy though.  I always thought these two had chemistry and I can't stop smiling through most of their scenes.  I actually can't wait till Coco finds out (Judging by the preview it looks like the best case scenario).  And regarding what Raffy said, I hope that she and Ryder do rub it in Coco's face.

Continuing to hate John given his attitude towards Ben when he wouldn't watch his shop for 5 minutes when Dean was AWOL.  Glad Ben was the better person and helped John out when he needed it.  John also annoyed me the way he went up to warn Ryder as if he was Raffy's dad trying to impose rules on their relationship (Even Marilyn seems to be supportive of the two of them).

Haven't been paying too much attention to the Bella storyline and didn't realise she is around Raffy/Coco's age.  I thought she was a bit older and it hasn't occurred to me should would be placed with that group.

Really not happy about Colby and Chelsea's engagement being back on.  I was just getting ready to celebrate her departure and then Colby talks her into staying.  Shame.

One good thing about Tori not being pregnant just yet is that it prolongs the amount of time we see her wearing the short skirts.  Couldn't believe what I was seeing from her.  I believe that Justin put himself in Robbo's position but it was sad that Tori made him out to be unsupportive for morally trying to do the right thing and he seemed to feel very strongly about this.  I have to admit, I did enjoy Jasmine putting her foot down when Tori wanted her to talk Robbo into giving the pregnancy another chance.  What Tori did was disgusting and if this had been real life, I would have been really annoyed but I just can't bring myself to be angry with her...yet.

I was quite enjoying seeing Ziggy apparently make a fool out of herself going on about Simone and everyone thinking that Simone was completely innocent.  But she was proved to be quite correct as I suspected.  It does really show Simone to be quite underhand and sneaky.  I will say that I found Dean hitting on her quite funny.  As was the way he deliberately stayed behind to make John wait before he left when Ben let him lock up.

Forget to mention the other day - Colby cooks himself and Bella a slap up breakfast - he panics when he finds she's not in her room, she turns up with SG and he goes off to have a talk with her and Bella goes to the Diner leaving the breakfast untouched!!!! I know it's a stupid thing to pick up on but it niggled me.

17 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Forget to mention the other day - Colby cooks himself and Bella a slap up breakfast - he panics when he finds she's not in her room, she turns up with SG and he goes off to have a talk with her and Bella goes to the Diner leaving the breakfast untouched!!!! I know it's a stupid thing to pick up on but it niggled me.

Don't you do that cook yourself dinner sit and wave it about on your fork abit and then go out down the pub order yourself a drink and then take a sip and then get distracted and leave that too. Maybe the food is really made of plastic like those fake fruit bowls you can get haha

Tori... I have no words, other than what you're doing right now is shameful. Even though it may have been alright legally, doesn't mean that it's alright to do at all. Jasmine had every right to put her down the way she did, Jasmine's right, she has been extremely patience throughout this whole IVF fiasco, and yet Tori has gone behind their backs. Shameful, and I hope that she'll get exposed. 

And it appears that Ziggy was right about Simone, even though Ziggy wasn't the best at all here, over-reacting every second day, though with Brody's brushing off her concerns I can see why. Simone really did cross the line when kissing Brody since Ziggy (very painfully) made it clear her boss was taken and Brody also said many times that he was married. Speaking of  Brody...what are you thinking man?! ?   The fact that he didn't tell Ziggy the truth or initially refused to fire Simone basically should mean alarm bells. At least he did the right thing at the end, but I doubt it'd be the end of it, really I think he's just making things worse for him. Honestly, what happened to you Brody, you were so better than this. 

On a lighter note, The scenes with Robbo-Jasmine-Willow were good to see, and I very much enjoyed John and Dean's little stand-off. Given how annoying John has been lately, I would have cheered Dean on. Some great news for Jett, I hope this means that hopefully we'll see more of him. However, rather disappointing news for Mason, though with his disciplinary report I could see why it would be bad on paper. His frustration is very understanding, even with Justin trying to be helpful but useless, though the way he apologised to Leah was very impressive. Hopefully he'll get another chance 

Raffy was in town for Jett's last visit: I can't be 100% sure they didn't have any scenes together although I doubt it (as I recall, his stuff was mostly with John and Marilyn and a bit with VJ) but they could have met off screen.Still, it can't be more than a passing acquaintance, so it is a bit odd that John and Marilyn would bring a girl Jett doesn't really know to his graduation, and indeed that Raffy would want to go (still not entirely clear if she was asked) when, even if she doesn't seem that bothered about her family, you'd expect her to want to spend a lot of time with Ryder at the moment.I wasn't too keen on Marilyn trying to get Alf to interfere with John and Ben, although if she just wanted Alf to look for John that's fair enough.I can understand Ben telling him not to do it again but I did appreciate Dean teaching John a lesson.

I'm not sure what Brody was playing at here.I can kind of see why he didn't immediately tell Ziggy about the kiss, and I think he did try and tell her later at the Diner even if he didn't make much of an effort.But given that he wanted to let Simone go before, why exactly did he tell her she could stay when she'd just kissed him and proved Ziggy right? And Simone then pulls a "Tell me you didn't feel anything" on him to show she's not really sorry.I guess Brody did the right thing in the end but it was a long time coming.

Poor Mason: He does seem to get the rough end of the stick more often than not.It's understandable Justin wouldn't be entirely clued in on the ins and outs: I'd expect Tori to know but she was conspiciously absent even if she was meant to be "having a word" off screen.Is it really as simple as he can never be a doctor because he's missed out this time?(I should probably look it up!)Leah, acting like someone with severe empty nest syndrome again, seemed a bit more optimistic.I'm getting this awkward feeling though that the show's decided they'd rather have Mason at the gym than at the hospital so they're having him miss out to keep him there.

23 hours ago, pembie said:

Don't you do that cook yourself dinner sit and wave it about on your fork abit and then go out down the pub order yourself a drink and then take a sip and then get distracted and leave that too. Maybe the food is really made of plastic like those fake fruit bowls you can get haha

Like the one with the oranges on the Morgan's dining table?:P Cups of tea/coffee is another one, it's made, someone takes a sip, though still boiling hot, then leaves it.

Anyways, last nights, I think everyone has learnt by now to include Raffy on any decisions they make, but you're right Red, she would be more likely to want to spend time with Ryder before Coco gets back.

I think Ben telling Dean off was a tad tongue-in-cheek, so did they really both spend all night at the Surf Club or did John crack first? The way it read in the TV mags it came across so much more dramatic than it really was - John is missing!:o- he just fell asleep at his desk - no biggie.  Maybe while he's away at Jett's graduation it will give him time to rethink his attitude. 

Brody is in a difficult place, does he make a big thing of it or play it down?  Whatever they can't carry on working together, the tension would be unbearable, the rest of the mainly unseen staff must be aware and Ziggy would definitely pick up on it. I was holding my breath when he & Simone were having their talk in the storeroom waiting for Ziggy to turn up.  He did make the correct decision in the end which given Simone's statement had to happen.  He did look wistful but better to end it now before it really begins making it a whole lot harder. Be interesting to see how he explains it to Ziggy 'oh, she snogged me so had to go'. Two arguments for him not telling Ziggy about it, if she goes quietly it'll be stirring up a lot of trouble for nothing but and it's a big but, supposing Simone gets her revenge by telling Ziggy about the kiss.  She may have been throwing  a few hissy fits lately but she did turn down Ben's offer of help so in a way shows she has matured enough to want to handle it on her own.  While Brody can't really come out with what happened to Justin, who seems to be the Morgan's Agony Uncle at the moment, but he hinted round the problem and Justin gave good advice as to ask himself what is more important - his protegee and him wanting to help her get on or his wife and marriage.  I like how Justin was lending Ziggy an ear too without taking sides.  She did mention she hardly saw Brody but it is his business so he has a responsibility whereas she can leave at the end of the day and forget about it until the next day, that is Justin's problem.

Mason really is on  a downer, so Justin doesn't have a clue how the system works, he was lending a sympathetic  ear and trying to help.  Is it just hospitals in the NSW district where they live he's been turned down for or could Mason try in other districts? Once again Justin mentioned Tori putting a word in for him, but as Mason said it doesn't work that way and as  I've said before he'd want to be taken on  on his own merits, it always gets around that you only got your place because of  a relative and your colleagues would doubt you are up to the job.  Leah had no idea, obviously and it was nice to actually see Mason apologise.  He told her the same too  many graduates not enough internships. He'd be too overqualified on paper to be a paramedic wouldn't he, plus wouldn't he have to have more experience under hospital conditions and be supervised?  Looking it up it would involve more  and different training.  He did have a look on his face after showing Leah the error she was making in lifting the weights that implied he had something in mind. 

Archived