2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Again found Ash really childish how he was with Dean telling him to get lost just because Dean presented him with facts he couldn't bear to acknowledge.  And it annoyed me when he pushed Dean over - ignoring the fact he's just come out of hospital.

Really good to see Ben actually enjoying himself for a change.  I know he missed the Diner date with Maggie but I don't see him out with the lads a bad thing as long as he doesn't make too much of a habit of it.

Don't recall Irene having breast cancer.  I did quite enjoy the chat with Jasmine.  I found Olivia's jealousy really funny.  She was out of shape because she couldn't have her precious Reenie all to herself and Reenie's time was exclusively dedicated to someone else.  I did feel a bit sorry for Jasmine when she overheard Olivia telling Ziggy it was a mistake her moving in.  I'm glad they were able to sort it out.  I think Olivia being honest about what her issue was, was the only way she could get Jasmine to understand she didn't mean the comment to Ziggy.

Was really annoyed about the whole situation with Johh/Marilyn having Raffy stay with them permanently.  And I just found John so smug and Marilyn annoyed me the way she was acting as if Raffy was hers.  It's just pure selfishness on the part of both of them.  I'm wondering if this kid they are planning to foster is a possible match for Raffy given that she's the odd one out re Ryder and Coco.

I've decided that despite her semi psychotic nature I like Ebony.  She seems quite calm and controlled.  I liked the way she she had all the photos of her various 'targets' on the bed (Although not quite Carrie Mathison from Homeland).  Can't believe she Googled how to tamper with the breaks on her phone and just did it.  Looking forward to seeing how her revenge unfolds.  As I said before I'm quite happy for her to ice Willow (Who seems to have brought nothing but trouble for Justin although he doesn't seem able to acknowledge this himself because he's too infatuated with her) but with regards to the rest of them - no permanent damage although I am actually quite looking forward to seeing her make all of them suffer...

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also liked Brody and  Ziggy's moment at the start, these two are so great together! ? 

As to Willow's gambling.. well that could go either way. 

Liked Dean encouraging Ziggy. While,I'm still confused as to how quickly he's became friends with everyone, it's still nice. 

Ebony's acting while calling the emergency services...creepy but good. 

Let's remember people Raffy made the choice to stay with Maz & John and they aren't trying to 'keep her' she's not a puppy or kitten, but a human being with a voice and a mind and everything.  Justin told her she could come home anytime, though as pointed out and I thought the same D.B when I saw Ebony giving Justin the evil eye when he hugged Raffy at the beach, she is much safer at Maz & John's. It's not going to take long for her to find out the relationship between them. I'm not sure how official the arrangement is re Raffy staying at the Palmer/Chamber's with the Morgan's, but DoC's were worried enough to get it OK'd that Raffy's family were happy with the fact she'd be living with a foster kid (who is a boy) with 'problems', she is a minor. Guessing if it was a girl there wouldn't be?

Even us knowing something Justin, Dean and Ziggy don't Justin should have made the effort to get back to the garage to sign off Ziggy's service on Ebony's car as she needed it in a hurry to 'get to her interview'. He will ultimately be to blame as he is the owner. Al that ignoring his phone didn't do any good in the end as Willow kept her unspoken word to Nina and walked away. I'm with your theory D.B telling Justin she's staying out of his life so Nina would let him see Ava would cause trouble. Dean shouldn't have encouraged Ziggy the way he did, he only did it to impress Ebony, he was practically drooling. She, Ebony, certainly uses  her looks to her advantage. I noticed Ebony is staying at that motel.  Hazel may want a quick fix but in a way Ebony was right getting rid of Colby would bring the police down on them, they'd or Hazel would be first suspects, plus they'd look into other family members and associates.

As for the 'car crash' it looked pretty convincing but where were the skid marks if the brakes had indeed failed? Even an apprentice would have spotted cut brake lines.

Mason did use to have a rep as a bit of a flirt but meeting Beth and falling in love with her changed him.

Slade - Irene had cancer back in 2011

Jasmine was looking kind of mmm mmmm good in her bikini that beach scene and Damn Zigs, where were you hiding THOSE?

(I'm single, don't shoot the messenger! ?)

Also, Hazel, you left your broomstick running!

After what I saw in Friday's teaser, I think I'm not going to like Raffy for a while!

A bit of a dull episode today; I couldn't really care less about the fate of the garage, and I can't help thinking it's a very convoluted way for Ebony to 'have some fun'. I'm pretty much done with her hamming it up - isn't it time she just got on and stabbed someone? I wonder if Ash getting crushed the other week will come up as part of the safety inspection?

Some incredibly loved-up glances between Colby and Dean today, to the extent that I was starting to wonder whether Seven network executives had managed to nip a love scene in the bud before it got to air between last Thursday's drinks at Salt and today. How did Hunter know about their friendship problems? Has he even met either of them prior to Ebony turning up? Guess someone's been gossiping to him about it - but Willow's the only other major player in that story, and she doesn't really know Hunter, either.

23 hours ago, D.B said:

I don't think he's as creepy as others on this forum say he is, but I do find him a bit creepy. While it's true that it's usual to for young men to have an eye for the ladies, to me, in his first year, he tends to make moves on girls who just broke up from their boyfriends, therefore  they're in a vulnerable state. He has gotten better in 2017, but the memories from 2016 are still there. Also, as to him not crossing any lines, there was the time in 2016 when Brody and Evie were cleaning up after working in the vegetable patch outside the farmhouse, Mason comes in, assumes that Brody slept with Evie, (whom, I might add, Mason just broke up their friends-with-benefits relationship and gave her the cold shoulder ever since just because she told him she'd rather be friends), and slammed him into the fridge. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think that's some questionable behaviour.

Oh yes, I agree he was in the wrong there, but I was thinking in line of his behaviour towards women.I've heard that argument about him targeting vulnerable girls before but I don't really see it that way.Let's face it, if you're in a soap and a girl's single, she's almost certain to have just broken up with a boyfriend because no-one ever stays single that long.It felt more like he was genuine and they were using him while still pining over their exes: Particularly Evelyn, who seemed to use him for sex when she wanted to and treat him like dirt when she didn't, including throwing a "You're not my boyfriend!" tantrum at him when Matt was being a jerk to her and he objected.

As for Justin/Willow/Nina, I think the idea is that Justin knows Nina's only letting him see Ava because Willow isn't around, and that that's why Willow broke up with him, but doesn't know that Nina forced her hand so to speak.

Anyway, today, and I actually rather liked it even if it did seem a bit narrowly focused.Justin earned back a bit of sympathy by being completely behind Ziggy throughout and acknowledging that he'd been in the wrong, hopefully he'll keep it up now the garage has hit problems because of it.Ebony continues to charm all the guys, although I accept it is pretty much small-time villainy so far.Still, they can't have her bump off half the cast so for her to look anything less than inept I guess the damage has to be a bit limited.I continue to care very little about Colby and Jasmine, so turning Olivia into a fairly demented matchmaker didn't really interest me.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It felt more like he was genuine and they were using him while still pining over their exes: Particularly Evelyn, who seemed to use him for sex when she wanted to and treat him like dirt when she didn't, including throwing a "You're not my boyfriend!" tantrum at him when Matt was being a jerk to her and he objected.

Well, I feel like that's a bit harsh. Evie had told him that all she really wanted was sex, and in fairness, she wasn't really in a emotional place to be with her; I mean, for God's sake, she was imagining her brother's ghost, it's not really what you call emotionally-stable! Evie didn't lead him on, making him think that a relationship was possible, he thought it all by himself. She didn't treat him like dirt, she could have acted better, I'm not denying that, but she was going through a hard time at the moment and she didn't make any ridiculous demands from him or anything like that, she just still loved Josh (even though, from what I've seen from your comments in other discussions, you didn't really care for that relationship). And unlike other guys, like say Matt or VJ, when Mason approached Evie and Olivia, he just seemed predatory, even if he doesn't mean to be. 

1 hour ago, D.B said:

Well, I feel like that's a bit harsh. Evie had told him that all she really wanted was sex, and in fairness, she wasn't really in a emotional place to be with her; I mean, for God's sake, she was imagining her brother's ghost, it's not really what you call emotionally-stable! Evie didn't lead him on, making him think that a relationship was possible, he thought it all by himself. She didn't treat him like dirt, she could have acted better, I'm not denying that, but she was going through a hard time at the moment and she didn't make any ridiculous demands from him or anything like that, she just still loved Josh (even though, from what I've seen from your comments in other discussions, you didn't really care for that relationship). And unlike other guys, like say Matt or VJ, when Mason approached Evie and Olivia, he just seemed predatory, even if he doesn't mean to be. 

Not to me, so I guess it's a matter of interpretation. Maybe I'm being harsh but it did seem like another case of a girl wanting a friends-with-benefits arrangement and then forgetting the friends part and being dismissive of the guy a lot of the time.And people did say much the same thing about VJ around that time, which I didn't see either, so I guess it really is down to people's opinions!

16 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Let's remember people Raffy made the choice to stay with Maz & John and they aren't trying to 'keep her' she's not a puppy or kitten, but a human being with a voice and a mind and everything.

After being coerced.  She's a young girl so given the current situation, particularly susceptible to that.  John and Marilyn didn't want Raffy to stay with them because it's best for her.  They wanted her to stay with them because it's best for them.  They wanted someone to compensate for not fostering.  They didn't really care that Raffy hasn't known her actual family for very long.  They just want her all to themselves.  They are completely selfish.

Was Olivia seriously trying to give Jasmine dating advice?  Regardless I'm still finding her really funny.  Her immediate jealousy when they found Ebony inside her crashed car after finding out that she and Hunter interacted made me laugh.  I also couldn't stop smiling at her behaviour/mannerisms through most of that episode.  She was right about Ebony feigning her injury but she only said that because Ebony and Hunter appeared to be getting on so well not because she was suspicious about anything.  Although her running to Jasmine when she saw Ebony with Colby isn't doing herself any favours if she wants to get back with Hunter from her perspective as that would mean Hunter spends more time with her.

I agree with the previous comments in that even though he's being set up Justin deserves this for being so neglectful of his business.  I am quite enjoying Ebony's handiwork.  I wonder if she Googled the symptoms for an injury like she did about the brakes.  Can't wait to see what she does next.

Of course Hunter and Olivia were going to come across Ebony! Hats off to Colby and Jasmine (and Hunter, I suppose) for dealing with the situation calmly, nicely, and professionally, dealing with her and the car. Ebony....damn that woman can act. That close-up on her when Hunter mention Boyd was done perfectly, showing us how much she's hiding. The way she's able to wrap everyone around her finger...terrifying. Very interested in what will she do next. But it's not really what I expected her to be trying to do. I thought she'd be much more darker. Still, maybe she's starting low and then unleash actual hell. 

Poor Ziggy, blaming herself when she shouldn't. I loved how Brody comforted her and how Justin accepted full responsibility for her. This really showed the best of the three (well, the best of Brody and Ziggy have always been there).  Also loved the Willow-Dean-Colby conversation, I really enjoyed on how they're all slowly becoming friends again. 

Olivia- no, just no. Her acting all jealous when Hunter was with Ebony when he was actually just being a nice guy (and that's something that I don't usually say about Hunter). And her trying to be matchmaker for Jasmine and Colby is laughable. 

I hope they don't shut down the garage, but it doesn't look good. All part of Ebony's plan- whatever that is. 

Archived