Jessica Falkholt fighting for life after triple-fatal Boxing Day crash

cintim

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Just because he had a history, doesn't mean he was guilty.

I don’t want to assume what happened. But he had a speeding record. And had recently been given his license back. And he drove into them. He unfortunately passed too. Because of his history this occurred. So don’t agree sorry. 

5 hours ago, Luke39 said:

I don’t want to assume what happened. But he had a speeding record. And had recently been given his license back. And he drove into them. He unfortunately passed too. Because of his history this occurred. So don’t agree sorry. 

His history could be just that - History. It would be like saying that Irene was drunk if she was in a car accident. Sure crappy rags will sensationalise the story and make the link. But It's not a given. We don't know if it is a scenario like Gina Austin, where a medical condition caused the incident.

Until such time as the authorities release an official cause of the accident - let's not speculate - he is innocent until proven guilty and his family don't deserve to have him dragged through the mud.

14 hours ago, John said:

ABC news here is Oz is reporting a Police Media Release which states that her life support system has been turned off but she remains critical.

Backs up what Dan is saying I believe.

So breathing for herself I'm guessing, it will all depend on how well she comes through it all, depending if it was due to internal or brain injury.

Recent events have taught us it's unwise to speculate.It did seem a bit early for them to rule out a chance of recovery.People are waiting for news but the reality is these things can take time.But to misquote She-Ra, we haven't lost Hope yet.

Similar with deciding who's to blame.The press are keen to mention the other driver's record but have never gone as far as saying he was at fault here.(It's not even been stated who was on the right side of the road.) Essentially, with both drivers and most of the passengers dead, it's a moot point anyway and will probably just be a technicality in the coroner's case.

58 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Recent events have taught us it's unwise to speculate.It did seem a bit early for them to rule out a chance of recovery.People are waiting for news but the reality is these things can take time.But to misquote She-Ra, we haven't lost Hope yet.

Similar with deciding who's to blame.The press are keen to mention the other driver's record but have never gone as far as saying he was at fault here.(It's not even been stated who was on the right side of the road.) Essentially, with both drivers and most of the passengers dead, it's a moot point anyway and will probably just be a technicality in the coroner's case.

Yes it was. He drove on to their side of their road and hit them.

42 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Are you sure? Because I've just checked quite a few articles and none of them have said that. Apologies if I'm wrong.

It's certainly been reported a few times that it was his car on the wrong side of the road, as I've read the same. Apparently 'witnesses claimed' that he'd drifted onto the wrong side at least twice before hitting the Falkholt car.

There's one article with claims of how it played out here, but again we can never be sure without direct quotes from authorities.

Archived