The Year of 2000 What thoughts did you have on the year

KKB

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

I just felt Nancye was not the right person to play Ailsa during Judy's absence. As I said before, maybe Colleen's sister Patricia Turner or someone else but they needed Ailsa hence the tempcast.

I agree she just wasn't right to play Ailsa

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, joany208121 said:

2000 was a big year for Harry and Shauna too with their romance and Harry's witness protection and Shauna discovering she was Ailsa's daughter and the product of rape very big and hard hitting for their time. 

Yeah it was a big year. I have always wanted to see the ones where its revealed Harry was in Witness Protection

2 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Then you'd have to watch a 1999 episode

Do you what number I have seen Mike telling Joel that Harry isn't to know he knows but it is never said what that is

I felt like 2000 was the year when everything changed and it was the end of "classic" Home and Away. On top of the major cast changes (I count 10 arrivals and 11 departures), we also lost two of the longest running sets: the Bayside Diner and the Stewart house. The cast felt quite unstable too - like, we had a number of long-termers depart (Ailsa, Sam and Marilyn in the final weeks of 1999) and a large number of characters unexpectedly leave after less than 2 years (Judith, Edward, Peta, Ken, James, Natalie #2). There seem to be so much going on in 2000, but come 2001, probably as a result of the cast changes and new sets, it felt like an entirely different show. 

Some of my favourite storylines were the Edward/Peta romance and them coming to terms with his Huntington's, the Ailsa and Shauna stuff (such a shame Judy was absent for the climax!), Ken's death (the actual episode itself, not so much the aftermath) and the Leah/Vinnie romance. I also remember a number of poignant Fisher moments after Byron's death too. 2000 was also the start of the returnee trend (no doubt off the back of Channel 7s screening of the 80s episodes), so that was always nice to see. 

I wish Judith had stayed, she was like a more mumsy version of Gina Austin.

But I guess with Judith no longer having any children in the bay, and Donald returning as principal, it kind of defeated her purpose.

Maybe she would have had more purpose if Donald had left with Marilyn in 1999.

5 hours ago, adam436 said:

I felt like 2000 was the year when everything changed and it was the end of "classic" Home and Away. On top of the major cast changes (I count 10 arrivals and 11 departures), we also lost two of the longest running sets: the Bayside Diner and the Stewart house. The cast felt quite unstable too - like, we had a number of long-termers depart (Ailsa, Sam and Marilyn in the final weeks of 1999) and a large number of characters unexpectedly leave after less than 2 years (Judith, Edward, Peta, Ken, James, Natalie #2). There seem to be so much going on in 2000, but come 2001, probably as a result of the cast changes and new sets, it felt like an entirely different show. 

Some of my favourite storylines were the Edward/Peta romance and them coming to terms with his Huntington's, the Ailsa and Shauna stuff (such a shame Judy was absent for the climax!), Ken's death (the actual episode itself, not so much the aftermath) and the Leah/Vinnie romance. I also remember a number of poignant Fisher moments after Byron's death too. 2000 was also the start of the returnee trend (no doubt off the back of Channel 7s screening of the 80s episodes), so that was always nice to see. 

I agree with you about all these thoughts. It is such a shame that The Diner got burnt down it was the last remaining memory of Bobby. Yeah it was a shame Judy was absent for the Alisa/Shauna saga.

Archived